Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Refrigerator: Replacement Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    It cycles through vacuuming the meat which opens the pores and lets the marinade penetrate, then releasing the vacuum and letting the meat go back to normal, and repeating that several times, then you seal it with a vacuum and put it in the fridge for a while till you are ready to cook.

It is like massaging the steak. Works good on chicken too.
    That makes sense.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what did you all do with your old fridges? If they won't take mine away, I'll have someone from the one of the second hand stores take it.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        Out of curiosity, what did you all do with your old fridges? If they won't take mine away, I'll have someone from the one of the second hand stores take it.
        When I bought mine, it was a "remove the old one, too" deal.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I left my old fridge at my old house when I bought my new house. That's when I bought my new fridge.

A second hand store is a good idea. Usually you have to take it to a scrapyard or recycling center and they might even charge you to remove the freon and door.

Comment

oh hey check with your electric company. I just saw that my electric company will haul away older working fridges and give you a $50 credit. They say because newer fridges use only about half the electricity of 15 year old fridges (as an example)

I wonder why my electric company wants me to use LESS electricity and give them less money? it must be a conspiracy to steal our refrigerators!

Comment

To enbiggenate imagification
              start by clickifying on it and
              00000000000refrig.jpg
              then clickifying on the
              resulting imagification

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

oh hey check with your electric company. I just saw that my electric company will haul away older working fridges and give you a $50 credit. They say because newer fridges use only about half the electricity of 15 year old fridges (as an example)

I wonder why my electric company wants me to use LESS electricity and give them less money? it must be a conspiracy to steal our refrigerators!
                Unfortunately our program ended in March.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  To enbiggenate imagification
                  start by clickifying on it and
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]15688[/ATTACH]
                  then clickifying on the
                  resulting imagification
                  never trust a salesman. they are always jokers.

Comment

Unfortunately our program ended in March.
                    They're likely to start it up again. At least that's what Georgia Power does.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ok. I'll ask.

Comment

Because the little bit you save is pennies compared to what they save. It's likely they're reimbursed for the $50 anyway.
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                          Because the little bit you save is pennies compared to what they save. It's likely they're reimbursed for the $50 anyway.
                          but the more I and others use, the more profit for them. It can't cost them more for the electricity than it does us.

But yeah the feds probably reimburse them.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            Or it could just be another way for them to claim they are more "green" than the competitors. We have some energy providers claiming 100% of their power comes from wind and solar, or such.

(I realize that not all parts of the country allow competition among electric providers - in some areas, you're stuck with whoever is "the provider")
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

but the more I and others use, the more profit for them. It can't cost them more for the electricity than it does us.

But yeah the feds probably reimburse them.
                              I'm not going to pretend to know what all goes into electricity rates, especially since it varies by area and utility company structure. From my understanding, companies are given an allowed revenue. If energy usage decreases, they can actually raise rates to maintain the same revenue. They haven't actually lost anything. The consumer's bill doesn't really change much regardless. Long term, the utility company can lower expenditures on infrastructure so it's still a net win.
                              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Or it could just be another way for them to claim they are more "green" than the competitors. We have some energy providers claiming 100% of their power comes from wind and solar, or such.

(I realize that not all parts of the country allow competition among electric providers - in some areas, you're stuck with whoever is "the provider")
                                No kidding. Those claims always make me laugh. My house doesn't know where that energy came from. Plus the companies already have requirements for energy sources.
                                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X