Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Everyone should stay home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    My grandma went through the great depression raising 12 kids and she was always very "frugal" and always canned vegetables and had an entire shed full of them.
    I was thinking the same thing. Of course that crisis was basically a decade long so it did instill some permanent lifestyle and attitude changes

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well, I am heading out to risk my life getting my half filled grocery list.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I was thinking the same thing. Of course that crisis was basically a decade long so it did instill some permanent lifestyle and attitude changes
        Grandkids 30 years from now will wonder why granpa and granma keep rationing toilet paper by the square.

Comment

Grandkids 30 years from now will wonder why granpa and granma keep rationing toilet paper by the square.
          00000000000000aaad2.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It is now official...we are treating a COV19 patient at our hospital.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

The stepdaughter was at dad's this weekend - who promptly let her play with a bunch of other kids. And he's a residential plumber, so he gets exposed to all sorts of people on the job.

He's not getting her for the weekend any time soon; if he wants to see her, we can meet at a park for a few hours.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

We've been using words like "flatten," which is accurate as far as it goes, but leaves a false impression. In the near term, this is the curve we're talking about.

beds.jpg

We'd like to see it flattened because seriously ill patients above the red line won't have access to ventilators, to lethal effect. That's the near term.

Now, let's assume the mitigation efforts are radically strengthened, run for five months, and then end.

second wave.jpg

Flattening the curve isn't about deflating it. It's about making it spread out, keeping the area above the red line as small as possible.

Comment

New Yorkers visiting Florida must self-quarantine for two weeks, governor orders

If you can get it there, you can take it anywhere /
                  It's up to you, New York, New York

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                    New Yorkers visiting Florida must self-quarantine for two weeks, governor orders

If you can get it there, you can take it anywhere /
                    It's up to you, New York, New York
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Here's what I don't get...

They closed down restaurants, schools, sent everyone home and say practice social distancing. All good.

But, then at the same time they are encouraging people to support the restaurants with carryout/deliveries. Hello? You are then exposing yourself to the people who prepare and deliver the food and the people they come in contact with (either during deliveries or just from their home). If anyone in that chain has the virus and doesn't know it, they can spread it to the food or the food containers and give it to you.

Also, remember those videos of fast food workers spitting on food? These are the same people who are making your hamburgers right now.

Comment

They closed down restaurants, schools, sent everyone home and say practice social distancing. All good.

But, then at the same time they are encouraging people to support the restaurants with carryout/deliveries. Hello? You are then exposing yourself to the people who prepare and deliver the food and the people they come in contact with (either during deliveries or just from their home). If anyone in that chain has the virus and doesn't know it, they can spread it to the food or the food containers and give it to you.

Also, remember those videos of fast food workers spitting on food? These are the same people who are making your hamburgers right now.

Saw some doctor on TV asked about just that and he said that the chances of getting it from food was minimal

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Saw some doctor on TV asked about just that and he said that the chances of getting it from food was minimal
                          Bull. Maybe not from the food itself if it is hot enough unless someone does it intentionally. But if someone is sick, they are touching the containers and bags, and they said that the virus can survive on plastic for up to 3 days and on cardboard (and I assume paper products) for 24 hours. And most of the delivery drivers are just general contractors like Instacart or Uber Eats, who the restaurant has no control over and doesn't know what precautions they take or who they have been in contact with.

Heck I am worried about the guys in the grocery store when I do pickup. They go around shopping in the store itself, where who knows who touched what before them. And they themselves could be sick. I have been unloading my groceries with gloves on, and then leaving the groceries untouched for a day or two before using them. Then washing everything. I am turning into a germaphobic! And I am a pirate!!

Comment

My brother's at high risk. His wife is disinfecting every bag and every package that comes into the house, starting with Walmart pickup. They won't be ordering carryout or deliveries.

Comment

I've seen a number of the restaurants promoting "contactless" deliveries -- you order and pay by app, and they leave it for you where you say - no contact.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Bull. Maybe not from the food itself if it is hot enough unless someone does it intentionally. But if someone is sick, they are touching the containers and bags, and they said that the virus can survive on plastic for up to 3 days and on cardboard (and I assume paper products) for 24 hours. And most of the delivery drivers are just general contractors like Instacart or Uber Eats, who the restaurant has no control over and doesn't know what precautions they take or who they have been in contact with.

Heck I am worried about the guys in the grocery store when I do pickup. They go around shopping in the store itself, where who knows who touched what before them. And they themselves could be sick. I have been unloading my groceries with gloves on, and then leaving the groceries untouched for a day or two before using them. Then washing everything. I am turning into a germaphobic! And I am a pirate!!
                                And then you had some kids in Virginia going around and filming themselves intentionally coughing on food in a supermarket and posting it online.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X