Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Catch of the Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Here you go.
    You said the catfish was invisible, not you and the whole pond.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      You said the catfish was invisible, not you and the whole pond.
      don't you know anything about invisible catfish? They cause cameras to photograph entirely blank photos. It's a fact.

Comment

don't you know anything about invisible catfish? They cause cameras to photograph entirely blank photos. It's a fact.

Comment

They also cause you not to catch anything else

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Except a cold.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Are they one of your creations?

Comment

Are they one of your creations?
                No

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• From that last fishing trip.

I caught a clam somehow.

That big blank space is from that invisible catfish I caught for Sparko.

These next pictures are from further back.

You can't see it well, but he's not biting on a hook. He is biting on a swivel/leader.
                  Last edited by Sparko; 07-13-2015, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• There seem to be a lot of those invisible catfish at that lake. And boy! Are they HUGE!!! The size of a greyhound bus!

There are also a few camo bass, that disguise themselves as logs and trees. I saw a bobber that brum lost to one of them floating above what appeared to be an underwater log. But brum is way too good of a fisherman to get stuck on a log. It had to be a camo bass.

Comment

I am telling you, it was HUUUUGGGGE. We could have used it for a bass boat!
                      It seems that Geico has made a commercial about Sparko's fishing exploits:

Comment

• Last Sunday we got to go fishing again. My mom was the winner. She caught 2 catfish, 2 bass, and one bluegill. Sparko tied with me, we both caught 1 bass.

We even got a picture of Sparko's catch. My dad had to drop my bass before my mom could get a picture.
                        Last edited by Sparko; 07-13-2015, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• C'mon Brum... You don't have to pretend with Sparko's catch. We know the REALTM picture of his catch looked like this...

sardines-can.jpg
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            C'mon Brum... You don't have to pretend with Sparko's catch. We know the REALTM picture of his catch looked like this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7652[/ATTACH]
                            He actually caught a decent one this time. Mine was bigger, but Sparko still caught the one in the picture above. I think he needs to stop using those circle hooks. I think they are costing him most of his fish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              He actually caught a decent one this time. Mine was bigger, but Sparko still caught the one in the picture above. I think he needs to stop using those circle hooks. I think they are costing him most of his fish.
                              That was only the second time I used the circle hooks. The first time was when I caught that catfish that broke loose because I didn't have a net to get him in with.

And Bill, funny you should mention sardines. Brum's mom brought a teeny fish net that we were going to try to catch minnows with. It didn't work!

I think I am going to get a portable folding minnow trap so we can try using them as bait instead of just worms.

Comment

That was only the second time I used the circle hooks. The first time was when I caught that catfish that broke loose because I didn't have a net to get him in with.
                                My mom said you got a lot of bites, but that you were missing most of them. Other than the bass I caught, I only got like two other real bites.

And Bill, funny you should mention sardines. Brum's mom brought a teeny fish net that we were going to try to catch minnows with. It didn't work!
                                Yeah, it was one of those nets for getting goldfish out of a tank so you can clean it.
                                Can't blame us for trying.

I think I am going to get a portable folding minnow trap so we can try using them as bait instead of just worms.
                                We would probably save a lot of money on bait that way too.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X