Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Koi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Only if I can figure out how to make a spring loaded device "fart."
    What? Do I have to do EVERYTHING?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      By the way, for this, we set up one of those motion-activated [...]
      This, of course, is the precise moment where CP's plan scooted from right to wrong. RogueTech would not, and by not I mean never, have followed up this lead with "sprinklers."

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Or, perhaps, tongue in cheek.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
          This, of course, is the precise moment where CP's plan scooted from right to wrong. RogueTech would not, and by not I mean never, have followed up this lead with "sprinklers."
          In my book 290 psi fire hoses can be counted as sprinklers

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            In my book 290 psi fire hoses can be counted as sprinklers
            They're using lasers to shoot the wings off of mosquitos. I'm sure something could be improvised.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
              Don't feel bad. You made the prodder of bovine's day. He scours threads looking for things like that to correct.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They're using lasers to shoot the wings off of mosquitos. I'm sure something could be improvised.
                The marine is okay with lasers as backup, but for primary defense, it's got to be belt-fed.

Comment

The marine is okay with lasers as backup, but for primary defense, it's got to be belt-fed.
                  belt-fed lasers? doable I suppose, could mean that you could use higher power through cheaper optics and they feed as each burns out.
                  Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

The bottom of the pool is lined with gravel and a fish bridge.
                    Can you ask the marine about dormancy in the winter? It might not get cold enough there, but I've read that gravel bottoms can cause sores if the fish are resting on them.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Can you ask the marine about dormancy in the winter? It might not get cold enough there, but I've read that gravel bottoms can cause sores if the fish are resting on them.
                      The gravel is actually round river stone. No sharp edges. I'll ask about dormancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                        belt-fed lasers? doable I suppose, could mean that you could use higher power through cheaper optics and they feed as each burns out.
                        And here I was thinking of miniaturizing minions and giving them each a tiny one-shot laser and using a conveyor belt

Comment

The gravel is actually round river stone. No sharp edges. I'll ask about dormancy.
                          Oh. That probably alleviates the issue.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Most of ya'll won't know this, but I tend to use 'Insano' as a gamertag. In sandbox type games I have a reputation for living up to this handle. It's apparently manifesting itself in real life, too. I'm pretty sure now that I'm going to build a full concrete pond instead of just using liner. The reason is so I can build in a viewing window at a lower level with a nice bench to watch fish.

Cost is going up. Time commitment might be a wash (it probably means a lot less digging).
                            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Most of ya'll won't know this, but I tend to use 'Insano' as a gamertag. In sandbox type games I have a reputation for living up to this handle. It's apparently manifesting itself in real life, too. I'm pretty sure now that I'm going to build a full concrete pond instead of just using liner. The reason is so I can build in a viewing window at a lower level with a nice bench to watch fish.

Cost is going up. Time commitment might be a wash (it probably means a lot less digging).
                              So now you are building Sea World?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                So now you are building Sea World?
                                Luckily, no! I figured out that I can just use cinderblock for that portion and keep the rest of it dirt. I can still use the liner up against the blocking so I might not even need to mortar most of it.

I was tempted to do a 12'x24'x4' pond because of our yard/house/deck layout, but that's not going to happen. Final size will roughly be 12'x12'x4'.
                                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X