Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

See more
See less

Book Plunge: Can Christians Prove The Resurrection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary View Post
    I have no issue with universalist, liberal Christianity. It is conservative/fundamentalist Christianity that I see as evil. Just because thousands of people join your cult does not mean that your cult is good. And at the same time that thousands of non-believers are converting to Christianity, thousands of Christians are becoming atheists, agnostics, or just "non-religious".
    That is why I'm saying that crying irrationality and the like at the other side is pointless. I doubt anyone of either side has an epiphany upon hearing the statement "your belief is a cult/stupid/irrational/sick" or something to that effect. I suppose that is why people are offering you data, scholarship and leads to follow and learn more. I know I have checked everyone's links and may well end up checking the literature you are being offered.

You and whoever thinks like you may agree that the Christianity you see looks irrational. I won't state the limits of that group because so far you seem quite peculiar at not wanting to understand Christianity for real. I haven't seen that a lot in the atheists among my friends and classmates, except maybe those arguing for some ideology. Perhaps the more interested ones are more educated?
    Last edited by Bisto; 05-06-2016, 12:22 PM.
    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
    - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
    In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
    Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

Spoken like a true fundamentalist; cultist.

"Accept my belief system or be punished!"
      Again with the strawman Gary Start dealing with the TRUTH not the false words you put in your opponents mouth

It is not punishment for non belief. The message we preach is that you will be saved from your just punishment when you accept the TRUTH that God is God you are not. He in his grace because you cannot be righteous enough to be with him allowed Jesus to die on the cross taking your just punishment on himself so that you can be with God in eternity if you would only accept it if you dont' you aren't going to be saved from your just punishment. Don't like hearing you do deserve your punisment then admit that that is what you are railing against not the True Christian message.
      Last edited by RumTumTugger; 05-06-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Spoken like a true fundamentalist; cultist.

"Accept my belief system or be punished!"
        Do you make up your own definitions in your medical practice, too?
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
          Again with the strawman Gary Start dealing with the TRUTH not the false words you put in your opponents mouth

It is not punishment for non belief. The message we preach is that you will be saved from your just punishment when you accept the TRUTH that God is God you are not. He in his grace because you cannot be righteous enough to be with him allowed Jesus to die on the cross taking your just punishment on himself so that you can be with God in eternity if you would only accept it if you dont' you aren't going to be saved from your just punishment. Don't like hearing you do deserve your punisment then admit that that is what you are railing against not the True Christian message.
          What did I do to deserve punishment?

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Do you make up your own definitions in your medical practice, too?
            If the shoe fits...

Comment

What did I do to deserve punishment?
              Be shameful.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

If the shoe fits...
                It doesn't. That was my point.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• For those of you following along, Gary has started a spiffy new thread here. Same basic argument, though.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    For those of you following along, Gary has started a spiffy new thread here. Same basic argument, though.
                    See Goofus
                    See Goofus Make
                    Poor Arguments
                    Silly Goofus

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      Be shameful.
                      huh??

Comment

huh??
                        We all have done shameful things that affect God's reputation. As a result, we deserve to be shamed.

Comment

We all have done shameful things that affect God's reputation. As a result, we deserve to be shamed.
                          I have done anything to shame your god.

Comment

Atheists don't believe in god, belief in god is theoretical, hypothetical, so to make that argument to an atheist is purely academic. Basically, its a silly retort.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Atheists don't believe in god, belief in god is theoretical, hypothetical, so to make that argument to an atheist is purely academic. Basically, its a silly retort.
                              I was just explaining it how it is from a Christian's POV. If atheists are right, they won't be around to worry about anything in a billion years.

Comment

I was just explaining it how it is from a Christian's POV. If atheists are right, they won't be around to worry about anything in a billion years.
                                Thats correct so shed your fear and shame, live in accordance to your values and enjoy life, while you have it. Even if a god existed, the only reason to fear it would be if it were evil.

Comment