See less

Coffee Cup Insanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My doctor told me to drink more coffee, that it was actually good for me. [seriously. Not joking here]

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      My doctor told me to drink more coffee, that it was actually good for me. [seriously. Not joking here]
      It is supposed to have some effect in slowing the progress of dementia. Perhaps he had this in mind when speaking with you?
      אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
        From Wikipedia:
        Murad IV also banned alcohol, tobacco, and coffee in Constantinople. He ordered execution for breaking this ban. He would reportedly patrol the streets and taverns of Constantinople in civilian clothes at night, policing the enforcement of his command by summarily killing civilians for breaking this decree. He restored the judicial regulations by very strict punishments, including execution. Historians including Halil İnalcık as well as primary sources report that even though he was a ruthless supporter of alcohol prohibition, Murad IV was a habitual drinker himself.

In a poem by the sultan under a nom de plume, he says "Even if the rivers became wine, they wouldn't fill my glass." In another poem he says "The wine is such a devil that I have to protect my people from it by drinking all of it".
        He was indeed a hypocrite but had the right idea -- especially when it came to coffee.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          It is supposed to have some effect in slowing the progress of dementia. Perhaps he had this in mind when speaking with you?
          Fliberty Jibbet.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            He was indeed a hypocrite but had the right idea -- especially when it came to coffee.
            It's okay. I'll suffer and drink your share.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Darker roasts have less caffeine.
              well time for me to acquire the taste for dark roast then I guess

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                well time for me to acquire the taste for dark roast then I guess
                Et tu RTT? Et tu.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• This thread is something else. I guess I had better go make a cup of coffee.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

Still on time to repent and embrace the java.
                      Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                      As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Et tu RTT? Et tu.
                        I et three cups yesterday.

Comment

• I don't seem to get enough protein in my diet normally, so sometimes I add some vanilla whey protein to my coffee. Tastes like a creamer really. Not bad. Mhm, coffee.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

When it's that thick, it's not worth the work needed to clean up after.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yours are medicinal. Lots of medicine is nasty stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andius View Post
                                Still on time to repent and embrace the java.
                                I think you have that backwards.

Comment