Norman Geisler: Still Being A Bully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I don't think anyone at my church knows anyone deeper than Josh McDowell or Rick Warren.
    The Purpose-Driven Life guy? Great... Is McDowell any better than Warren?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
      Agree entirely and I agree with Sparko and sympathize with Bill. Too many laypeople just don't pay attention to scholarship. Their church doesn't tell them anything that's going on either so what a shock that Bart Ehrman ends up producing apostates. Sadly, Geisler with his emphasis on inerrancy is only helping him along.
      Making a nonessential into an essential would do that. Storytime!
      Uhh... anyone got a parable/fable/story with that theme?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        Making a nonessential into an essential would do that. Storytime!
        Uhh... anyone got a parable/fable/story with that theme?
        I'd offer the story of how I lost my faith following the realization that my view of inerrancy (largely similar to Geisler's) was untenable, but somehow I don't think that's what you're looking for.
        "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
        --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
          I'd offer the story of how I lost my faith following the realization that my view of inerrancy (largely similar to Geisler's) was untenable, but somehow I don't think that's what you're looking for.
          I meant a fictional story about how trying too hard to keep a minor thing could result in the important things being lost. I'm sorry you lost your faith.

Comment

The Purpose-Driven Life guy? Great... Is McDowell any better than Warren?
            Different. Josh wrote "Evidence That Demands a Verdict".

And to make my point more salient, I got THIS from my sister...

The Lord's Prayer

The moment you receive it,say:

Our Father who art in heaven,

hallowed be Thy name,

Thy kingdom come,

Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven,

give us this day our daily bread

and forgive us our trespasses

as we forgive those who trespass against us

and lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil,

for Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory,

now and forever

Amen...

GOD WANTED ME TO TELL YOU, it shall be well with you this coming year. No matter how much your enemies try this year, they will not succeed.

You have been destined to make it and you shall surely achieve all your goals this year.

For the remainder of 2014 all your agonies will be diverted and victory and prosperity will be incoming in abundance. Today, God has confirmed the end of your sufferings sorrows and pain because HE that sits on the throne has remembered you. He has taken away the hardships and given you JOY.

He will never let you down.

I knocked at heaven's door this morning, God asked me, My child! What can I do for you?

And I said,

'Father, please protect and bless the person reading this message. '

It has never been broken. Within 48 hours send to family and friends, as many as you can ? God does know if you don't have 20 people to send it to.

It's the effort and intent that counts. This is a powerful Prayer. Couldn't hurt can only help...

Let's pray for one another, there’s no superstition involved here, we are just asking for Gods will to be done here on earth.

GOD BLESS YOU!

Twenty angels are in your world. Ten of them are sleeping, nine are playing, one is reading this message. Please read.... not joking..... God has seen you struggling with something. God says it is over. A blessing is coming your way. If you believe in God, send this message on, please don't ignore it, you are being tested.

God is going to fix two BIG things tonight in your favor. If you believe in God, drop everything and pass it on. Tomorrow will be the best day ever. Send this to as many friends as you can and back to me. As soon as you get five replies, someone you love will quietly surprise you.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Uhh... yeesh... what's up with chain mail/email/posts that try to guilt trip you into forwarding it? And wonder what Jesus thinks about that?

Comment

Yeah God loves chain letters for some reason.

And if you don't pass it on, God will curse you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Yeah God loves chain letters for some reason.

And if you don't pass it on, God will curse you!!!
                  Nope! Better avoid passing it on. What kind of chain message would claim negative consequences for passing it on?

Comment

Pass that on to Christians suffering under ISIS and all their problems will be solved!

Comment

Pass that on to Christians suffering under ISIS and all their problems will be solved!
                      Or not. Why can't ISIS all have heart attacks and die? Other than all have sinned and all deserve death.

Comment

Or not. Why can't ISIS all have heart attacks and die? Other than all have sinned and all deserve death.
                        All we need to do is find the Death Note.

Comment

All we need to do is find the Death Note.
                          But I don't want to kill them. I just want them to meet their Maker, so He can chew them out for being self righteous extremists.

Comment

But I don't want to kill them. I just want them to meet their Maker, so He can chew them out for being self righteous extremists.
                            You'd said heart attacks....

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              I don't think anyone at my church knows anyone deeper than Josh McDowell or Rick Warren.
                              The only recent book I've heard mentioned in my church was Heaven is For Real. (Though my pastor had a slip of tongue and accidentally said, "Has anybody read Heaven Is Not For Real?"

(To be fair to my pastor, I've seen his office library and he does have plenty of books of substance.)
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

You'd said heart attacks....
                                I don't want to be the direct cause... how about they get a Damascus road experience instead? Or just stop murdering people just because they don't believe the same way!!!

Comment