Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Does Christianity Violate Logic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Your objection doesn't even make sense. You are talking about two entirely different things.
    Please if God is just, then it is logical that the Just God orders to kill infants as in 2 Sam 15:9

Comment

Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post

Please if God is just, then it is logical that the Just God orders to kill infants as in 2 Sam 15:9
      Scripture Verse: II Samuel 15:9

The king said to him, “Go in peace.” So he arose and went to Hebron.

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Scripture Verse: II Samuel 15:9

The king said to him, “Go in peace.” So he arose and went to Hebron.

© Copyright Original Source

I stand corrected.

In 1 Sam 15:3, God orders to "Kill their men, women, children, and even their babies. Slaughter their cattle, sheep, camels, and donkeys.”

If God is the Most Just, it is illogical that such God orders to kill babies.

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/e...amuel%2015%3A3

Comment

Is this guy still here going on this same stupid tirade?

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
            Yes, he seems to come back when he thinks everyone will have forgotten the previous attempt.

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

They should have just left them alone to die horribly in the desert.

Land pirates are no joke.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

They should have just left them alone to die horribly in the desert.

Land pirates are no joke.
                Those are generally termed bandits, brigands, outlaws or even highwaymen

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes. He is the same Same Hakeem

Comment

Those like Same Hakeem who think God’s command to kill all the Amalekites that breathed are forgetting something. God earlier did the same thing during Noah’s flood - for a very good reason. God had to purge the earth of the angel/human hybrid race (as in Genesis 6) that had come into existence in opposition to God’s system that had set up a division between these different species of created beings.

The fact that the Amalekites’ society had the same features of giantism prevalent in their midst indicates to me that the angel/human hybrid problem had again emerged in the land of devil-worshipping Canaan, even in these generations after the flood. This was an abomination to God. He was only just to command the Israelites to purge this wickedness from the world He created. Indeed, He would NOT be just if He did not judge such offenses to His established order that intended to separate these classes of created beings from each other.

Those who think I Samuel 15:3 is an exhibition of an illogical God are not taking into consideration the evil results that this angel/hybrid race brought into the world at that time. The unclean spirits that saturated the New Testament period during Christ’s ministry were a problem that the Amalekite population had directly contributed to from that earlier generation.

Comment

Those are generally termed bandits, brigands, outlaws or even highwaymen
                      rogues.

Comment

rogues.
                        I hesitate to call someone a rogue. Being called that would be supremely insulting.

Comment

rogues.
                          Now, now. You're gonna turn my head

Actually, no. Except maybe in books and movies. Originally rogues were beggars not robbers.

Comment

I hesitate to call someone a rogue. Being called that would be supremely insulting.
                            Calling someone a rogue who has not earned that honored distinction is indeed insulting to those of us who did.

Comment

Calling someone a rogue who has not earned that honored distinction is indeed insulting to those of us who did.
                              You are a pirate without a ship. Just own it.

Comment

You are a pirate without a ship. Just own it.
                                Pirates are just rogue wannabes.

Comment