• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deeper Waters Podcast 12/30/2017: Michael Heiser

What's coming up?

The link can be found here.

----

What's coming up? Let's plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out.

The year coming up is a new year, but sometimes, it's good to look back on that which is old. How about the Old Testament for instance? Many times in the church we can get really focused on the New Testament and that is important, but sometimes, we have to be reminded that there is that other collection called the Old Testament.

Could it also possibly be that that Old Testament might have something to say to even new situations today? We have a lot of situations today that are new to us as we have seen a changing world around us. Some situations today are the new cults that we have. Even if they have old doctrines many times, there is a new twist to them. Two such groups are Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.

There is an Old Testament scholar who has been doing some work on an argument to answer them. Not too long ago a friend recommended that I get in touch with him and have him come on the show. That opportunity came and he has agreed to come on and we are going to be talking about his argument concerning Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. His name is Dr. Michael Heiser.

So who is he?

Heiser-Boston01.jpg

I highly recommend The Unseen Realm. I don't know if I agree with everything Dr. Heiser says, I think that sometimes he reads too much into certain passages, and there are topics that I don't feel he spent enough time in, but it will definitely get you looking at the spiritual realm in a very interesting, yet orthodox way. My mind was a little blown after reading it. His podcast is also super educational. I need to catch up on more shows. I'm currently reading Supernatural which is, as you say, a distilled companion work to The Unseen Realm. That's probably a better primer for most people who aren't used to jumping into deep theology (though The Unseen Realm is not exactly an academic level work).

Comment