This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary View Post
    Do you guys realize just how ridiculously ignorant you guys sound to educated non-Christians?
    Oh, the irony.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Let's look at a genetic question involving the Bible. Imagine this: a couple million Hebrew slaves live among the Egyptians, as their slaves, for a few hundred years. What are the chances that during those few hundreds years, Egyptians are going to take "privileges" with their Hebrew female slaves?

The Old Testament states that one and a half to two million Hebrews were held as slaves in Egypt for four centuries until freed by God and Moses. Why do recent DNA studies reveal that modern Jews are related to Druze, Syrians, and Cypriots, but no mention of the Egyptians? Is it really possible for hundreds of thousands of Hebrews to live among Egyptians as their "property" for four hundred years and not have considerable in-breeding of the two peoples?

Copied from the Jewish website: http://www.aish.com/ci/sam/48937817.html

Conclusion: The Exodus is a fable.
      New topic. Drink!
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Oh, the irony.
        I am very much aware that members of your cult consider me and other critics ignorant, but that is the fundamental lie of every cult: "We alone (especially our "scholars"), know the truth, they (critics) have been blinded by Satan or Zogor or whatever evil deity the cult has invented."

Comment

• Why does Gary claim we are all in a cult??? We are more than welcome to question our beliefs and not merely have some idiotic blind faith. Cults do not let people question authority. Truth does not fear questioning.
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            Why does Gary claim we are all in a cult??? We are more than welcome to question our beliefs and not merely have some idiotic blind faith. Cults do not let people question authority. Truth does not fear questioning.
            Cults threaten anyone considering leaving the group with terrible punishment, divine and otherwise, as a means of control. If you believe in Hell or that the Christian god will punish non-believers in Jesus in any form, you are a member of a cult.

If you are a Christian universalist, you are NOT a member of a cult. (Congratulations, by the way!)

Comment

• http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter5.html

Comment

• Originally posted by gary View Post
                you are a brainwashed member of a fundamentalist religious cult, mikey.

When your grandchildren and great-grandchildren read your comments left on the world wide web in 40-50 years, they will hang their heads in shame at your superstitious, ignorant bloviating.
                hahahahahaha

Kids coming apart at the seams because everything he holds to gets trounced by the facts. I think you guys have a point. He was looking for validation and when instead he got better than he gives he went into meltdown mode

bye
                Not to worry. I'll be around. I am just getting bored with you and busier with other things. Its fun to blow over your stack of cards at first but then you realize .....its just too easy

Comment

• Again, you have to accept the offer of salvation to get into heaven because we all have behaved in a jerkish manner to others and to God before! You don't end up separated from God for eternity merely for not being a Christian, but for all of the misdeeds one has preformed!

Comment

• What interest could Paul have in pointing out yet again the facts that were taught during initial presentation of the gospel? Why would a high school math text point out that 2+2=4? The epistles weren't written for the benefit of people who were outsiders, they were written for members of the churches, already schooled in the elementary principles of Christianity.

According to Romans 1:3 Jesus was born from out of the seed of David according to the flesh. (That would be Mary - Jesus could NOT have been born from out of Joseph.)
                    Romans 8:32 shows that God did not spare HIS OWN son

Ephesians 3:9 acknowledges that God created all things through Jesus Christ. An echo of the statements of John - though incomplete, and the Bible makes it plain that Jesus was present before anything had been created ... which can only be God, according to Jewish concepts.

But I believe Mikeenders actually addressed this matter in full detail a bit earlier.
                    Last edited by tabibito; 09-23-2015, 01:34 PM.
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I am very much aware that members of your cult consider me and other critics ignorant, but that is the fundamental lie of every cult: "We alone (especially our "scholars"), know the truth, they (critics) have been blinded by Satan or Zogor or whatever evil deity the cult has invented."
                      I consider you ignorant because you are ignorant (indeed, willfully so). Not all critics are ignorant. I would not consider Boxing Pythagoras, for example, ignorant. Try again, kemosabe. There is no need to invoke satan to explain you.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Gary does not know what high context or honor/shame society means.

Comment

Name ONE Christian NT scholar whom I have said is not a scholar. You can't.
                          Impossible task. You claim that the vast majority of Christian Scholars, those who believe that Christ was the Son of God born of a virgin, are ignorant, superstitious, brainwashed members of a cult. In short - you claim that they are not scholars: you simply attempt to camouflage your opinion.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
                            hahahahahaha

Kids coming apart at the seams because everything he holds to gets trounced by the facts. I think you guys have a point. He was looking for validation and when instead he got better than he gives he went into meltdown mode

Not to worry. I'll be around. I am just getting bored with you and busier with other things. Its fun to blow over your stack of cards at first but then you realize .....its just too easy
                            http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter5.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              Again, you have to accept the offer of salvation to get into heaven because we all have behaved in a jerkish manner to others and to God before! You don't end up separated from God for eternity merely for not being a Christian, but for all of the misdeeds one has preformed!
                              Can a baby choose, by his or her free will, to live a perfect life, free of sin?

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                I consider you ignorant because you are ignorant (indeed, willfully so). Not all critics are ignorant. I would not consider Boxing Pythagoras, for example, ignorant. Try again, kemosabe. There is no need to invoke satan to explain you.
                                What is truly sad, ignorant, and pathetic is your ancient, superstition-soaked, middle-eastern fable. Educated people living in the 21st century should realize this and abandon it.

As I mentioned above, educated fundamentalist Christians such as many on this thread have abandoned the literal interpretation of many passages in the Bible that only a hundred years ago were believed literally by almost all Christians. The most glaring example is the abandonment by even evangelical bible scholars of the literal interpretation of the (two) Creation stories in Genesis. Why? Because the cumulative scientific evidence proving that they are pure nonsense is now so overwhelming that the harmonizations Christians previously used to justify believing them are no longer tenable even to educated conservative Christians:

The Beginninghttp://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter5.html
                                Last edited by Gary; 09-23-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X