X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    2 Chronicles 6:16
    You promised Your servant David my fatheronly if your sons take heed to their way, that they walk in My law as you have walked before Me.'

You were saying?
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary View Post
      We have ZERO evidence that Mary was a descendant of David, folks. '
      We can get to that when you answer the question on the table instead of trying to run away from it. Hopefully i can say "We" but I will no longer be running off into multiple avenues with you. Become an adult and deal with the issue in front of you and then you can go on to your own demands. Frankly we have answered multiple times over 300+ pages and all you ever do is run away from counter points and facts.

You have been asked several times one question to be answered with evidence. and its quite obvious youare trying to doge and redirect to another point. Won;t be allowed any longer

Answer my question for scriptural evidence of your claims that God stated Messiah must be a blood line descendant of a king only through his father or continue to doge it until everyone can see how you lied on the Bible and on God.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
        You promised Your servant David my fatheronly if your sons take heed to their way, that they walk in My law as you have walked before Me.'

You were saying?

Not. Where does it say that Mary of Nazareth was a descendant of David?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
          We can get to that when you answer the question on the table instead of trying to run away from it. Hopefully i can say "We" but I will no longer be running off into multiple avenues with you. Become an adult and deal with the issue in front of you and then you can go on to your own demands. Frankly we have answered multiple times over 300+ pages and all you ever do is run away from counter points and facts.

You have been asked several times one question to be answered with evidence. and its quite obvious youare trying to doge and redirect to another point. Won;t be allowed any longer

Answer my question for evidence of your claims that God stated Messiah must be a blood line descendant of a king only through his father or continue to doge it until everyone can see how you lied on the Bible and on God.
          Dear Friends,

What would be your reaction if someone told you that the only way for you to legitimately say that leprechauns do not exist is by first reading the books of leprechaun scholars? You would laugh, wouldn't you? Well, that is why no one needs to read any books by brain-dead-first century-prophet resurrection scholars to know that resurrections/reanimations do not exist.

Comment

Evidence that Mary was a descendant of David? Not.
            Originally posted by Gary View Post
            You are obviously very embarrassed by your lack of evidence that Mary was a descendant of King David that is why you continue your smoke and mirrors argument. God promised the throne of Israel to David "forever". God promised that the Messiah would be a descendant of David.

Now, give us evidence that Mary was a descendant of David or kindly shut up.

You were saying?
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Not. Where does it say that Mary of Nazareth was a descendant of David?
              Guys I RESPECTFULLY REQUEST That NO ONE ENGAGE GARY on this (and I know you can) until he answers the question from me he is trying to dodge.

This game of his of never answering any of our counterpoints and baiting us to move on to another subject when he is stuck and wants to avoid dealing with facts has to stop somewhere. In fact I suggest you all do the same. INSIST He gives an answer to at least one of your main questions in your dialogues withhim and don;tmake him continue dancing all over the place to avoid honestly dealing with an issue.

Comment

Dear Friends,

What would be your reaction if someone told you that the only way for you to legitimately say that leprechauns do not exist is by first reading the books of leprechaun scholars? You would laugh, wouldn't you? Well, that is why no one needs to read any books by brain-dead-first century-prophet resurrection scholars to know that resurrections/reanimations do not exist.

Nope do not see the answer to my question in that response. Was it encoded?

answer the question or you are just making it clearer and clearer how intellectually dishonest you are.

Comment

You were saying?
                  It's possible that Gary simply doesn't understand the point you're making.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post

As for Matthew misusing Isaiah 7. No. Gary is going with the idea of fulfillment instead of reenactment. Just as the child born back then was a sign God was with the people, so the child Jesus is a sign God is with the people, and Matthew has that wonderful inclusio on "God with us" in Emmanuel" and then "God with us" in the end in the Great Commission. Matthew saw a parallel situation to Isaiah's time being reenacted in his own time.

Hey Nick. I have often wondered about Isaiah's child that we know was present for this prophecy. Its an odd request that is made of isaiah to carry his son along and I rarely see anyone write about it much. I'd be curious if you have come across such a work that gets into that and why the child was required to be there. In most discussions of Isaiah 7 this is just glossed over if mentioned at all

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I can't see how. He has stated in agreement with his anti missionary sources that one of the chief reasons Jesus cannot be the messiah is because tribal rights to the throne are passed down through blood descendants on the father's side only. they claim adoption cannot work and that being a descendant through the mother is of no value. He posted this and i objected so he knows what the issue is

He has now gone to the lengths of accusing God of going back on his word and breaking his promise by taking the kingdom from Saul and giving it to David. tab's point directly addresses this claim

All I am asking is for Evidence in the torah or prophecy that states these rules and conditions. Stating God broke his promise or would have gone back on it if Jesus is the messiah simply because Jews have a tradition that is nowhere stated by God isn't an even marginally solid claim.

I am 99.9999999 percent sure Gary knows exactly what the issue is and his recent posts trying to change the subject or just handwaving is further evidence.
                      Last edited by Mikeenders; 09-22-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        I find that doubtful in the extreme. More likely he can't deal with the fact that he made such a transparent error.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• @ Mikeenders: Looking at the text of Luke ... it seems that a missing comma is the only impediment. Unfortunately, I'm not well enough advanced in Koine Greek study to know whether putting that comma into the text is justifiable.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

@ Mikeenders: Looking at the text of Luke ... it seems that a missing comma is the only impediment. Unfortunately, I'm not well enough advanced in Koine Greek study to know whether putting that comma into the text is justifiable.
                            Hey Tab not sure what you are referring to - husband joseph of the house of david?

Comment

I find that doubtful in the extreme. More likely he can't deal with the fact that he made such a transparent error.
                              yeah which in turn comes from having his previous claims negated by the fact that David had no tribal rights to kingship

Comment

• 1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X