No announcement yet.

Commentary thread for "You might be a libertarian if�"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, I could post our commentary thread, too, but I think it might be better to snark at the peanut gallery from the main stage ... where they can't snark back ... bwahahha.

Comment

I wasn't going to post anything on the points we made. Particularly since it isn't a debate.
      The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Xena View Post
        I wasn't going to post anything on the points we made. Particularly since it isn't a debate.
        No worries, and feel free to argue your points here, too. I only posted for the auto-subscribe, and to maintain my evuhl rep.

Comment

Nah, no intent to, and I don't think we are arguing, just discussing :) There is a reason why I welcomed the one on one with you, I didn't want to argue the points with the general population (that sounded very prison-ey).

sigpic

Comment

She's not a libertarian. You are. I would hope you would find it odd that some professed libertarian, who was just talking about self-ownership rights in the actual thread this is about, would praise monarchism.
            I thought that Truthseeker was an Anarchist

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The umbrella of libertarian includes anarchists. I used the lower case for a reason. Though more recently anarchists have taken to calling themselves voluntarists and the like to differentiate from the minarchists.

If TS doesn't consider himself a libertarian, only my wording would change. Anarchists are familiar with libertarians, and it would be rather odd for a professed libertarian to be arguing for monarchy (though I am sure you can find some, nothing surprises me any more). But as this is the "commentary" thread for an ongoing discussion, it was pretty apparent from the actual discussion that no way would I be advocating monarchy.

I am all about spam like anyone else. But an attempt to engage even remotely on the topic that something is a commentary thread on, one would think that the person would actually bother to read the actual discussion.

But that's just me. I have the silly idea that if you are at a debate say, and are going to ask one of the participants a question, you probably should listen to the debate.
              Last edited by Darth Xena; 05-07-2015, 12:21 PM.

sigpic

Comment

The umbrella of libertarian includes anarchists. I used the lower case for a reason.
                That's the first I heard that. I've always seen them as distinct groups

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Perhaps it is just the anarchists I know…. I could be very wrong. But I know some pretty well known American anarchists and they all call themselves libertarians, but many dislike Libertarians… well not personally. A good anarchist friend once he figured out what was going on with me said "PLEASE tell me you didn't just join the Libertarian Party."

Murray Rothbard was an anarchist who is the foundation for many libertarian arguments.

But I could be wrong and have just been being a bit witchy. Entirely possible. Massive UTI. When I don't feel well, I can be short and crabby.
                  Last edited by Darth Xena; 05-07-2015, 12:33 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Just an FYI, if you listen to alt media at all, a lot of the voices that are described as "libertarian" are actually anarchists. Tom Woods for example. And at any Libertarian Party event, about 30% of the people there are actually anarchist. I was a bit surprised by that. One of the Board member of the LPCO here in Colorado is an anarchist. We have some very interesting discussions.

sigpic

Comment

I re-read my earlier post today….. way witchy. Sorry. Should have waited ten minutes before posting.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        I thought that Truthseeker was an Anarchist
                        www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXqjrgMS5l4
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

She's not a libertarian. You are. I would hope you would find it odd that some professed libertarian, who was just talking about self-ownership rights in the actual thread this is about, would praise monarchism.
                          That puzzles me. I thought maybe Teal, after reading "Thank you," fell into a Chicken little swivet and sent you a PM complaining that the thank you might mislead many folks into thinking that Teal was a libertarian. That was not my intention. Merely thanking her for saying that you were unfair to me.

TMI = ? UTI = ?

Comment

Very bad. No LibPar for you.
                            I'm not sure I understand what is going on. I used the doh smiley to indicate that I see that I was mistaken as to what you intended to say. Not monarchy, but minarchy. Oh, yeah, the TWeb speller checker did change "minarchy" to monarchy in my reply whooh, I had to go back and correct it to monarchy TWICE whoh, whooh. TWeb ought to be fixed so that it's anarchistic.

Only way to make sense of your loony comment, but it was admittedly a wild guess to try make sense.
                            I still want to dump this subthread. But if you keep on continuing it, I may respond (more likely not).

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                              That puzzles me. I thought maybe Teal, after reading "Thank you," fell into a Chicken little swivet and sent you a PM complaining that the thank you might mislead many folks into thinking that Teal was a libertarian. That was not my intention. Merely thanking her for saying that you were unfair to me.
                              Umm no. No one thinks Teal is a libertarian. My original comment was not unfair. The way I expressed it later was not appropriate in tone, conceded. Actually make that very not appropriate in tone, I was crabby and witchy. Or are you saying you didn't know I was a libertarian?

TMI = ? UTI = ?
                              TMI= Too Much Information
                              UTI= Urinary Tract Infection

Now that is really TMI
                              Last edited by Darth Xena; 05-07-2015, 06:03 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                                TWeb ought to be fixed so that it's anarchistic.
                                If I were still here, I would ask, since minarchy is not an unusual term in political discussions.

BTW, I don't think anarchy is totally insane the way everyone here seems to. It is a perfectly legitimate view. Some of my best friends are currently anarchists. The capitalist kind, not the leftist kind.

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X