Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

On "Closing Church"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DesertBerean
    replied
    Hm...on my laptop the Sunday FB live constantly buffered. Didn't have that problem on Saturday. But my lappy isn't much for multimedia...I wasn't expecting to do that much multimedia when I bought it. I finally switched to my Note 8. The laptop was about 4 minutes behind!

I will be picking up a Chromecast for my TV. It unfortunately is not native for streaming stuff like Facebook.

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    3. frame rate was very low. looked like around 5 frames a second or slower. But it could have been my internet. It's been slow all weekend.
    I checked his youtube. The frame-rate issue isn't you.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Notes on CP's last service.

1. Excellent sermon - I love the book of John. Good lead-up to Easter too!
    2. Audio and resolution very good.
    3. frame rate was very low. looked like around 5 frames a second or slower. But it could have been my internet. It's been slow all weekend.

Leave a comment:

• DesertBerean
    replied
    We're going to try ZOOM for our Wednesday service. I'll have toncheck that out...never used it before.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

The speakers don't work very well (way too much static) and I meant to pick some up new headphones on the way home from work when I stopped at Walmart but forgot

Now that I'm quarantined for the next two weeks I can't go running out for stuff so it'll just have to be something I'll have to look forward to.
    Why can't you make your own at rogue labs? Huh?

Here is a pair of Sparkomatic Beets Headphones to help you out..

beets.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Don't get too close

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Never mind. I just saw your post explaining it.

Don't get too close

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Did I miss something? Why are you quarentined?
    Never mind. I just saw your post explaining it.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

The speakers don't work very well (way too much static) and I meant to pick some up new headphones on the way home from work when I stopped at Walmart but forgot

Now that I'm quarantined for the next two weeks I can't go running out for stuff so it'll just have to be something I'll have to look forward to.
    Did I miss something? Why are you quarentined?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Got it

Thanks.

But as I said in my PM I had forgotten that my headphones were broken so I'm gonna try to connect my old speakers back up

Last edited by rogue06; 03-25-2020, 05:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I couldn't really tell the difference on my phone speaker, but when I put it up on my HDTV and surround system, it was obvious that your audio was lower volume and sounded muffled. The others sounded fine. I noticed they had hand held mics and you were using what, a lapel mic?

I turned up the volume so I could hear you better and that's when I noticed the hum.

But I have to say, overall it was great. I have always wanted to see you in action! I hope you continue this even after the crisis is over. It would be like I was part of your congregation! Also great for others who can't get out because of restrictions or disabilities. And a great way to archive your sermons.
    Yes, we will be investing in equipment to keep this up even after the crisis. And we'll even do ONLINE COMMUNION!!!! (I think that's due the 2nd week in April)

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Did I mention that there's a little package on the way to you as of Friday?
    YAY!!!!!! God Bless!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, did I mention it was working PERFECTLY Saturday night, and our volunteer tech guys decided to "tweak" it Sunday Morning?

But, yeah -- I had an older fella who has been telling me for MONTHS that he can hear everybody just fine except me --- this was the first time I was actually able to hear my audio compared to somebody else on the platform, so, yeah --- we're gonna get that fixed.
    I couldn't really tell the difference on my phone speaker, but when I put it up on my HDTV and surround system, it was obvious that your audio was lower volume and sounded muffled. The others sounded fine. I noticed they had hand held mics and you were using what, a lapel mic?

I turned up the volume so I could hear you better and that's when I noticed the hum.

But I have to say, overall it was great. I have always wanted to see you in action! I hope you continue this even after the crisis is over. It would be like I was part of your congregation! Also great for others who can't get out because of restrictions or disabilities. And a great way to archive your sermons.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    One of the things I noticed about other churches going online for the first time was that there was a major emphasis on setting up "online giving". I really didn't want to do that, because I thought it seemed tacky*. I mentioned that at our last "in person" service, and the next day, one of our men stopped by the office with a SIGNIFICANT check that took that burden off me.

Then he presented me ANOTHER check twice the amount of the first one, and said "use this at your discretion". Quite honestly, if NOBODY ELSE gave the rest of the year, we meet budget!

This is a man who has been very generous in the past, and never even HINTS that he wants special treatment or ANYTHING in return, and wishes to stay anonymous.

*some of our people already do online giving, but I didn't want that to be one of the first things I had to talk about in our streaming service - eventually we'll add that to our website for convenience, but I didn't want to look like we were "doing it for the money".
    Did I mention that there's a little package on the way to you as of Friday?

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    MOST of the time, our volunteers have been awesome.
    In that case, you should double their pay, again!

Best to ya!
    First session this morning is my Calc 2 kids, all eleven of them, none of whom have shown up for an orientation session so far ... opes, there's Ryan! Later.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X