Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Two Daughters - Two Stories - and Maybe a Prodigal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday was a big hit. Almost TOO good. Nobody wanted to go home.

George seemed happy, relaxed, was teasing and laughing with her kids --- ZERO drama.

Mrs CP went back to work this morning, and I'm doing dishes and cleaning up.

Oh, and there is a new family in our Church with the cutest kids - they have no family in Texas, so they had Thanksgiving Dinner with us - and these kids call me "Papa".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33313[/ATTACH]
    So who's who

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    So, Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday was a big hit. Almost TOO good. Nobody wanted to go home.

George seemed happy, relaxed, was teasing and laughing with her kids --- ZERO drama.

Mrs CP went back to work this morning, and I'm doing dishes and cleaning up.

Oh, and there is a new family in our Church with the cutest kids - they have no family in Texas, so they had Thanksgiving Dinner with us - and these kids call me "Papa".

2018-11-25 18.23.35.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]33269[/ATTACH]
    smiley runaway2.gif
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Sounds like he's smart kid. Must get it from his grandma.

99-of-a-childs-awesomeness-comes-from-their-grandmother-just-sayin--0cc93.jpg

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Which is why George brought him to my house to hear our discussion, where George was being honest and open and has nothing to hide.

Steve is not SpongeBob's father, but has actually done a not-so-bad job of acting like one (at times) for the past 10 years. I just wish he had even a tiny bit of Christian "stuff".

Sponge is really impressed with his Mom's progress (I had about an hour and a half of windshield time the other day when I picked him up - and that's where I learn the most about my grandkids )

Sponge likes Steve, but he understands that Steve may not be helpful to Chrissy's recovery. He's OK if Steve leaves, but he's not pushing for that. He'd rather Steve "come around".
    Sounds like he's smart kid. Must get it from his grandma.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    being around those types of people isn't good for spongebob either.
    Which is why George brought him to my house to hear our discussion, where George was being honest and open and has nothing to hide.

Steve is not SpongeBob's father, but has actually done a not-so-bad job of acting like one (at times) for the past 10 years. I just wish he had even a tiny bit of Christian "stuff".

Sponge is really impressed with his Mom's progress (I had about an hour and a half of windshield time the other day when I picked him up - and that's where I learn the most about my grandkids )

Sponge likes Steve, but he understands that Steve may not be helpful to Chrissy's recovery. He's OK if Steve leaves, but he's not pushing for that. He'd rather Steve "come around".

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    being around those types of people isn't good for spongebob either.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Thank God that the scales have fallen from her eyes.
    Again, I'm cautiously optimistic, but we've only had a couple speed bumps on the road, and she's handled those remarkably well, compared to how she managed things in the past.

And I have the joy of hearing some heart-felt "Dad, you were so right about......".

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    OK, so SpongeBob (my grandson) was staying with his Mom (Chrissy) last night, and late evening, George texted me asking if she and Sponge could stop by.
    My wife had just gone to bed, but I was still up.

George and Sponge stopped by, and George explained that her husband, Steve, had just blown up into a purple rage and was screaming at her in front of Spongebob, because, supposedly, George had been giving Steve "the cold shoulder".

Apparently, Steve had arranged for a couple from the old neighborhood to come to the house for some tattoos. Steve is still seeming to think he can make a living doing occasional tattoos, and just can't seem to get it his head that he needs to get an actual job and have a steady income.

So, George, who had met Steve in a tattoo parlor (surprise?) admits that she's troubled by the "class of clientele" that generally comes for tattoos. She said last night that she never realized how much the "tattoo business" is linked to "the dark side".

It's like her eyes have been truly opened, and she's seeing things she never saw before. The couple that was coming to get tattoos were some of the same "drug culture" people from the old neighborhood, and George simply doesn't feel comfortable having them in her home. She says it amazes her how much 'crap' she was willing to put up with because of the conversations and events surrounding the tattooing going on in their home in the past.

It's POSSIBLE that she won't be able to stay with Steve, but he hasn't brought in a dime of income in the last 6 months, and is pretty much her only link to "the culture of death". I'm giving this some serious prayer time.
    Thank God that the scales have fallen from her eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    OK, so SpongeBob (my grandson) was staying with his Mom (Chrissy) last night, and late evening, George texted me asking if she and Sponge could stop by.
    My wife had just gone to bed, but I was still up.

George and Sponge stopped by, and George explained that her husband, Steve, had just blown up into a purple rage and was screaming at her in front of Spongebob, because, supposedly, George had been giving Steve "the cold shoulder".

Apparently, Steve had arranged for a couple from the old neighborhood to come to the house for some tattoos. Steve is still seeming to think he can make a living doing occasional tattoos, and just can't seem to get it his head that he needs to get an actual job and have a steady income.

So, George, who had met Steve in a tattoo parlor (surprise?) admits that she's troubled by the "class of clientele" that generally comes for tattoos. She said last night that she never realized how much the "tattoo business" is linked to "the dark side".

It's like her eyes have been truly opened, and she's seeing things she never saw before. The couple that was coming to get tattoos were some of the same "drug culture" people from the old neighborhood, and George simply doesn't feel comfortable having them in her home. She says it amazes her how much 'crap' she was willing to put up with because of the conversations and events surrounding the tattooing going on in their home in the past.

It's POSSIBLE that she won't be able to stay with Steve, but he hasn't brought in a dime of income in the last 6 months, and is pretty much her only link to "the culture of death". I'm giving this some serious prayer time.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Cause for great thanksgiving!
    You got that right - previous Thanksgivings were approached with fear and dread, never knowing how she was going to act, with whom she was going to be at war, how badly she would fuss at her children, if and when she would actually show up...

Thanksgivings were not fun - they were a catastrophe waiting to happen.

SO GLAD that is in the past!

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Cause for great thanksgiving!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    So, because so many in my family are in law enforcement or nursing / healthcare, many of our family members had to work Thanksgiving day.

We'll be having our Thanksgiving Dinner this coming Sunday.

George (Chrissy - my eldest daughter) wanted to host a "mini-Thanksgiving" dinner for us on Thanksgiving day.

So, yesterday, Mrs CP and I worked at the local homeless shelter helping to feed 250 Thanksgiving meals, then George invited us to her place where she had bought a rotisserie chicken, and made mashed potatoes with garlic and bacon, green beans, Hawaiian King rolls, and Stovetop stuffing.

To be honest, I really didn't want to go, cause we were tired from working at the shelter, but to see her face light up when we got to her place was well worth it.

And she made a point of how pleased she was that she lived nearby us, and we could stop in any time, and it was so great to have family back again.

So, she's still doing REALLY GREAT, and this is quite a welcomed turnaround, for which I daily praise God!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    It is SO NICE to get texts like these than the heartbreaking ones I've had over the past 10-12 years...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32927[/ATTACH]
    Great news.

Leave a comment: