Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Patty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patty

She's a friend of mine who was hospitalized Thursday after they discovered a tumor near the front of her brain. She's only 39ish and has had two strokes (she thought she was having a minor one) and open heart surgery. Tomorrow they're going to drain some fluid from the lumbar region of her spine. They suspect cancer.

She has no family and has been renting a room at a mutual friend's house. She isn't a Christian and I'm really hoping she rethinks that, but she still needs some prayers.

Thnx

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      She's a friend of mine who was hospitalized Thursday after they discovered a tumor near the front of her brain. She's only 39ish and has had two strokes (she thought she was having a minor one) and open heart surgery. Tomorrow they're going to drain some fluid from the lumbar region of her spine. They suspect cancer.
      Best wishes for a peaceful resolution for your friend.

Comment

Lord, save Patty, both physically and spiritually. Amen.

Comment

They did a biopsy last night. Apparently there is a growth both on her brain as well as thyroid.

Praying it is benign. Will find out tonight.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Didn't really find out anything until a couple days ago, when I heard she was released from the hospital.

Today, I saw her after lunch and she's walking around and will be able to return to work (very light duty restrictions) before too long!

I didn't get to ask any technical questions, nor did it seem the time.

Comment

Perhaps the Lord will use these circumstances to bring her to Himself. Praying so.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Well, she is keeping what the doctors said to herself, although she's been cleared to go back to work a couple weeks ago -- but only for a few hours per week to do payroll and other paperwork.

Comment

Talked to her yesterday.

The mass on her brain is a malignant tumor, but a very rare type that doesn't spread.

She was going in today to talk to her doctors to decide on the best course of treatment -- radiation or chemo (or maybe both).

I think she figures her time is short and has decided to try to fit as much living into that time, which for her means going back to work

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Talked to her yesterday.

The mass on her brain is a malignant tumor, but a very rare type that doesn't spread.

She was going in today to talk to her doctors to decide on the best course of treatment -- radiation or chemo (or maybe both).

I think she figures her time is short and has decided to try to fit as much living into that time, which for her means going back to work

Comment

Just came back from celebrating.

This morning Patty went in for testing as she had completed her chemo last week and the doctors couldn't find nary a trace of the cancer!

Comment

that's great! God is good!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          that's great! God is good!
                          Definitely a Christmas blessing.

Comment