Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Life update and prayer requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life update and prayer requests

Well, after the nightmare that was this summer this fall is starting to go pretty well.

I mentioned before that my grandmother had a heart attack this summer due to stress from abuse from her stepdaughters. A week after coming to live with my mom, she broke her hip and ended back up in the hospital. She now lives in an assisted living facility at the same place she received physical therapy after the hip incident. She's okay, just turned 90, but all this has really done a number on her and she often slips into loops where she thinks she's somewhere else and needs to get back home. She does remember she doesn't have a car anymore, though. She just gets stuck on the idea that she needs to go to the grocery store or something. She is 90, though, and she's been through a lot so I try not to get down about her occasional drifts. She's safe, at least. It has been rough on my mom. I hold out hope that she won't get any worse at least and maybe she'll get a bit better the farther from the incident and the longer she's off the drugs (she only got off the painkillers a few weeks ago). That was basically this summer.

As you know, I am in my second year at seminary and it's going well. I really enjoy my theology and Greek classes. My Scrip class is okay (first half-ish of the Old Testament). What you may not know is that I am applying for our dual degree program with the law school. More on that in a minute. I'm also currently working at HEB (grocery store). They've treated me really well and given me some special responsibilities and the money is good, however...The scheduling is not so great. I don't mind working 28 hours a week, except that some of my hours frequently fall on Sundays. I've managed to restrict it to between 2 and 6, but that still means I miss out on some things at church. This Sunday, for instance, our graduate group (the Ganglicans) are meeting at 4:30 for discussion and dinner at 6. I work 2 to 6. Additionally, I don't get my schedules until the Friday before (our weeks run M to Sun, so I know what I'm working that weekend before Friday, but not the next Monday), which makes it impossible to plan. I'm going to have to skip a school thing (which, to be fair, my group is having outside of our usual hour) because of work and doctors' appointments. I've just updated my resume and written a cover letter to apply for an administrative position (so a M-F job), so I would appreciate prayers for that. If not that, hopefully something else that runs M-F, because this schedule is stressing me out.

Which brings me back to next week, which is what I need the bulk of your prayer for. My job has thankfully allowed me to basically write my own schedule for next week (I did say they treated me well!) because I have a lot of important things coming up. I'm out of town Monday for my doctor and dentist. Tuesday is my first Greek test. And Saturday is my LSAT (the law school admissions test). I've been studying for about six months and feel pretty comfortable with the material, but it is still a pretty intimidating test. I've come to realize that I'm being called to the work of defending religious freedom, and so, as I said, I'm applying to our dual degree program. I need all the prayer I can get to get through next week. I need all of my normal homework done by end of Saturday so that I'm free to work Tues/Wed/Thurs and finish up my LSAT studies without too much added pressure. I should have next Friday off so I can get a good night's rest and wake up early enough to fix a good breakfast before the test. I really just want it to be next Saturday afternoon already!

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

sigpic

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
          Well, after the nightmare that was this summer this fall is starting to go pretty well.

I mentioned before that my grandmother had a heart attack this summer due to stress from abuse from her stepdaughters. A week after coming to live with my mom, she broke her hip and ended back up in the hospital. She now lives in an assisted living facility at the same place she received physical therapy after the hip incident. She's okay, just turned 90, but all this has really done a number on her and she often slips into loops where she thinks she's somewhere else and needs to get back home. She does remember she doesn't have a car anymore, though. She just gets stuck on the idea that she needs to go to the grocery store or something. She is 90, though, and she's been through a lot so I try not to get down about her occasional drifts. She's safe, at least. It has been rough on my mom. I hold out hope that she won't get any worse at least and maybe she'll get a bit better the farther from the incident and the longer she's off the drugs (she only got off the painkillers a few weeks ago). That was basically this summer.

As you know, I am in my second year at seminary and it's going well. I really enjoy my theology and Greek classes. My Scrip class is okay (first half-ish of the Old Testament). What you may not know is that I am applying for our dual degree program with the law school. More on that in a minute. I'm also currently working at HEB (grocery store). They've treated me really well and given me some special responsibilities and the money is good, however...The scheduling is not so great. I don't mind working 28 hours a week, except that some of my hours frequently fall on Sundays. I've managed to restrict it to between 2 and 6, but that still means I miss out on some things at church. This Sunday, for instance, our graduate group (the Ganglicans) are meeting at 4:30 for discussion and dinner at 6. I work 2 to 6. Additionally, I don't get my schedules until the Friday before (our weeks run M to Sun, so I know what I'm working that weekend before Friday, but not the next Monday), which makes it impossible to plan. I'm going to have to skip a school thing (which, to be fair, my group is having outside of our usual hour) because of work and doctors' appointments. I've just updated my resume and written a cover letter to apply for an administrative position (so a M-F job), so I would appreciate prayers for that. If not that, hopefully something else that runs M-F, because this schedule is stressing me out.

Which brings me back to next week, which is what I need the bulk of your prayer for. My job has thankfully allowed me to basically write my own schedule for next week (I did say they treated me well!) because I have a lot of important things coming up. I'm out of town Monday for my doctor and dentist. Tuesday is my first Greek test. And Saturday is my LSAT (the law school admissions test). I've been studying for about six months and feel pretty comfortable with the material, but it is still a pretty intimidating test. I've come to realize that I'm being called to the work of defending religious freedom, and so, as I said, I'm applying to our dual degree program. I need all the prayer I can get to get through next week. I need all of my normal homework done by end of Saturday so that I'm free to work Tues/Wed/Thurs and finish up my LSAT studies without too much added pressure. I should have next Friday off so I can get a good night's rest and wake up early enough to fix a good breakfast before the test. I really just want it to be next Saturday afternoon already!
          Somehow, in your case, I have this strong feeling that it will be worth it all. Suck it up and drive on, soldier!

God Bless!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment