Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Theologyweb Upgrade soon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    The new site will have a lot more features ....
    One feature I have been really missing here is the quote/response notification (where you are notified when someone responds/quotes you in a post).

Will that be one of the new features?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      One feature I have been really missing here is the quote/response notification (where you are notified when someone responds/quotes you in a post).

Will that be one of the new features?
      Yes. You can set that in your profile.

Comment

We will start upgrading Theologyweb's software on September 18, 2020 at 9AM Eastern Daylight time (1PM UTC)

Tweb will be taken down until the upgrade is complete. We hope it will only be a few days, but it could be a couple of weeks, depending on how much we have to redo when setting up the new software. The current test site has been working well so we are going to try to do a database switch from here to there, and then do an upgrade on the database. Hopefully some of the settings will remain in place (like the templates and menus)

Comment

Can I say a bunch of bad stuff and raid the girls' threads and chalk up infraction points like crazy, and they'll all be gone in the new version?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Can I say a bunch of bad stuff and raid the girls' threads and chalk up infraction points like crazy, and they'll all be gone in the new version?
            There's a difference between "can" and "should".

When my co-workers always say they want to go home, I tell them nobody's stopping them.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

If you actually said bad stuff, you might get in trouble with the Boss of bosses. Know what? King of kings and Lord of lords still sounds so much better.
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

We will be upgrading Theologyweb's software on September 18, 2020 at 9AM Eastern Daylight time (1PM UTC)

We are hoping to have it back up in a few days, but we may need longer (Murphy's Law) - please bear with us.

This means theologyweb will not be available at all during that time. We encourage you to use our Facebook group during the down time to keep in touch with others and the staff, who can keep you informed on the move.

If the schedule changes I will update this post.

The new site will have a lot more features and of course will fix all the strange bugs we have been suffering with here, like posts hanging.
                  Is TWeb on Twitter ?

Comment

I suppose I am going to be expected to continue with my hard work behind the scenes while we're shut down.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
                      Is TWeb on Twitter ?
                      no

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        I suppose I am going to be expected to continue with my hard work behind the scenes while we're shut down.

You can make us all cookies and pies.

Comment

We will start upgrading Theologyweb's software on September 18, 2020 at 9AM Eastern Daylight time (1PM UTC)

Tweb will be taken down until the upgrade is complete. We hope it will only be a few days, but it could be a couple of weeks, depending on how much we have to redo when setting up the new software. The current test site has been working well so we are going to try to do a database switch from here to there, and then do an upgrade on the database. Hopefully some of the settings will remain in place (like the templates and menus)

Scotty, we need it up again in a few hours.

Comment

You can make us all cookies and pies.
                            Hah!

Don't hold your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              Hah!

Don't hold your breath.
                              bacon?

Comment

bacon?
                                That would never make it over the border.

Actually, that would never make it out of my house.

Comment