Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Tweb slowness

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

What browser are you using. I haven't seen any of the "A" in my posts, but i have seen them in others. I am using firefox.

Try clearing out your caches or using a different browser.
    I'm in Edge and I've cleared my cache. Hitting the enter key seems to do it. 

Comment

What browser are you using. I haven't seen any of the "A" in my posts, but i have seen them in others. I am using firefox.

I don't see any in my posts, and I'm using Chrome.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm using Chrome, mostly.

Comment

Weird. I am trying it on Chrome for this post.  Test. Test. Test. Test.
          Test.

Comment

The ghost of Fonzie is haunting Tweb!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Fixed it. For some reason the language settings were set to ISO-8859, I changed it back to UTF-8.

Should be fine now.

Comment

Fixed it. For some reason the language settings were set to ISO-8859, I changed it back to UTF-8.

Should be fine now.
                And with that the restless spirit of Arthur Fonzarelli was finally at peace and gave two thumbs up as he went to his final reward.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  And with that the restless spirit of Arthur Fonzarelli was finally at peace and gave two thumbs up as he went to his final reward.
                  He fixed it for us using the patented Fonzie smack down.

the-fonz.gif

Comment

He fixed it for us using the patented Fonzie smack down.

the-fonz.gif
                    In that scene, one of the "bloopers" from the blooper reel - they were having trouble3 with the timing, and on one of the 'takes', he snapped his fingers and a bunch of guys came running in to hug him.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

In that scene, one of the "bloopers" from the blooper reel - they were having trouble3 with the timing, and on one of the 'takes', he snapped his fingers and a bunch of guys came running in to hug him.
                      One like this at the very end

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        One like this at the very end

That.

Comment

Setting new records for slowness today. Weird error messages.

Might just be better to find something else to do.

Comment

This keeps going from bad to worse. After yesterday and today I for one will begin looking for another website to start posting on. One that actually works.

Comment

I am still trying to fix this. It is definitely some sort of attack that is overloading our site with requests. It is causing the CPU and memory to max out and that is causing the slowness. Add to that me trying various things to block unwanted traffic and you will be getting error messages. Right now I have tweb turned off to the public to block traffic just so I could post this. I will be turning it back on later so everyone can read this, if they can get through.

Leonhard is going to help take a look at this in a couple of hours. Hopefully he can figure something out.

Comment

I might have fixed it temporarily. I made the entire forum private. You have to log in in order to view any of the forums. That seems to have stopped the bots from overloading the database.

When Leonhard gets on to help me find a more permanent solution, things might go wonky again as we turn it public again to test any fixes.

Comment