Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Tweb slowness

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having a very strange problem. When I enter the name and password of my regular handle (seanD) it pauses and looks like it's logging in, but when the page changes over, it just indicates at the top right I'm still logged out. Though it does show at the bottom of the page that I'm logged in. I've tried clearing cache, different browsers, even connecting to my phone with the same result.

Comment

Originally posted by seanDavid View Post
      I'm having a very strange problem. When I enter the name and password of my regular handle (seanD) it pauses and looks like it's logging in, but when the page changes over, it just indicates at the top right I'm still logged out. Though it does show at the bottom of the page that I'm logged in. I've tried clearing cache, different browsers, even connecting to my phone with the same result.
      Last night (technically early this morning) I had the same issue using Microsoft[1] to log on. I think the pause is long enough it kicks you out leaving at our home page still not signed in.

1. Chrome didn't get that far. Kept saying it was an issue with the cloud.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanDavid View Post
        Yes, I had that too quite a bit, but finally ticked the "keep me logged in" or whatever that option is, and it worked. I just don't like those "keep me logged in" things.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes, I had that too quite a bit, but finally ticked the "keep me logged in" or whatever that option is, and it worked. I just don't like those "keep me logged in" things.
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Thanks!
            I probably need to go and delete your other account.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I noticed lately that when I click on to TWeb that a notice appears briefly, stating that it is verifying that I am a human. There are times that I really don't feel human. What happens then, outside of taking a DNA test?
              When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                I noticed lately that when I click on to TWeb that a notice appears briefly, stating that it is verifying that I am a human. There are times that I really don't feel human. What happens then, outside of taking a DNA test?
                That and twice I had to repost because I got an error message

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

That and twice I had to repost because I got an error message
                  Yeah if the timeout occurs while you are posting it could give you an error. It was set to check if you are human every half hour. I upped it to an hour. Should happen less often now.

We are being hit with a lot of traffic again so I had to turn that feature on to help block the bots.

Comment

I'll have to make sure not to post during a full moon.
                    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                      I'll have to make sure not to post during a full moon.
                      Or on days that end in "y"

Comment

There are

some other issues, too

Comment

I'm starting to sound Canadian, eh?

Comment

What browser are you using. I haven't seen any of the "A" in my posts, but i have seen them in others. I am using firefox.

Try clearing out your caches or using a different browser.

Comment

Checking for weird "A"'s.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Comment