Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pondering Apologetics ~ Why do all the canvassers have such terrible arguments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't always low educated people, too

The way I first found out that out of town members of the Creation Institute in San Diego used the light rail was because they were passing out those "million dollar bills" to people covered in verses and they all claimed to have advanced degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
      From what I've seen, your modus operandi is essentially to repeatedly misconstrue arguments and then launch into an annoying tirade based on said misconstrued arguments. "Hey, look at me, kids! I'm Mr. 'Apparently Incapable of Discerning Between Overblown Emotion and Genuine Biblically-Mandated Empathy and Compassion,' and because of my apparent lack of discernment, today I'm going to endless throw around patronizing buzzwords like "feels" when I see the latter part of my title, and consequently I'm going to make myself seem like a condescending sociopath!"
      I strip away deception, distortion and misrepresentation. And to be called a sociopath by a feels-obsessed progressive is a strong indication I'm on the right path.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
        This was explicitly about people doing it in person. Saying other people suck too isn't a case, nor is Dawkins an example of a progressive. Go look up senator Warren on anything and you'll find brilliant argument
        I am not merely saying other groups suck, but that the average of just about all groups suck, atheists and theists alike, so there's nothing special about most theists sucking, whether in person, online or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
          I am not merely saying other groups suck, but that the average of just about all groups suck, atheists and theists alike, so there's nothing special about most theists sucking, whether in person, online or otherwise.
          I think I'll try reading this again, in the morning, after I've had my coffee.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not all groups so consistently suck in person.

Respond to the thread or scram, last warning

Comment

What would be an example of a group that doesn't consistently suck in person?
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Jews, probably, since they don't evangelize.

Comment

I am responding to the thread: the phenomenon of religious people sucking intellectually during canvassing is shed light upon by the fact that the average person sucks intellectually.

You are of course free to disagree with the latter claim.

Comment

I strip away deception, distortion and misrepresentation. And to be called a sociopath by a feels-obsessed progressive
                    Precisely what I meant by "misconstrue."
                    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Jews, probably, since they don't evangelize.
                      So the real issue here is evangelizing and not the arguments themselves?
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                        Precisely what I meant by "misconstrue."
                        Right, so you equate 'offensive' with 'morally wrong' and 'misconstrue' with 'cutting through all the obscuring crap'.

Then you wonder why posting using such an approach - at best highly deluded, at worst highly deceptive - gets a strong reaction from others and myself.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          As evidenced by their postings online most atheists would suck [intellectually] if they deigned to evangelise in person.

Comment

Right, so you equate 'offensive' with 'morally wrong'
                            But I did no such thing, as I've explained in that other thread. That which is offensive isn't always morally wrong, but that which is morally wrong often tends to be offensive.
                            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              No, it's both and they're connected.

Some people seem not to have read the OP, which is explicitly about in person evangelism. If one doesn't engage in it then we wouldn't have examples of them sucking at it, ya?

Comment

As evidenced by their postings online most atheists would suck [intellectually] if they deigned to evangelise in person.
                                Cool, so atheists show wisdom through temperance, wheewhee

Get out of my thread

Comment