women`s headcoverings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• women`s headcoverings

If 1st Cor 11 talks about women covering their heads when praying and stuff, why is it so rare? And should it be like that?
    I am become death...

Because it's understood to mean dress and act appropriately and respectfully while in prayer and worship instead of being a dress code.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I personally think it can be a very beautiful gesture by women during worship.

[IMG]609[/IMG]

[IMG]610[/IMG]

[IMG]611[/IMG]

*Edit are images broken? none of the pictures are showing.
      Last edited by Leonhard; 06-09-2014, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Try IMG tags.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I've seen suggestions that hair length was the issue, not coverings. That would fit Paul's comments better. But I suspect we'll have to wait until we can talk to those saints in Heaven. Just as bad as hearing only one side of a phone conversation.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
            I've seen suggestions that hair length was the issue, not coverings. That would fit Paul's comments better. But I suspect we'll have to wait until we can talk to those saints in Heaven. Just as bad as hearing only one side of a phone conversation.
            Indeed. High context, and we don't have the context. Culture thing? Seems like quite a few things Paul says are culture related.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Last edited by footwasher; 06-09-2014, 01:49 AM.

Comment

I don't have much to add, I'm just reposting to get the post to work properly. I think its a beautiful tradition that I wouldn't mind seeing more of in worship.

beautiful-nuns.jpg

a9bc335f66d8d229d5cef434b01b9e921-600x399.jpg

Rachels-veil-crop(pp_w311_h338).jpg
                Last edited by Leonhard; 06-09-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

". . . Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame* unto him?
                  But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for [her] hair is given her for a covering. . . ." -- 1 Corinthians 11: . . . 14, 15, . . .

The interpretation I see is the long hair on the woman is her covering. If she has her hair short, then it is not being a covering, then she should also be made bald.
                  " . . . For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. . . ." v.6

[. . . For this cause God gave them up unto vile* affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: . . . -- Romans 1:26.]
                  Last edited by 37818; 06-10-2014, 09:19 PM.
                  . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment