• Show
Clear All

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    Here's the Teaser for the Final Fantasy Game

To our Newest Arrivals,

Signed,
    Nicholae, Kaiser of Debtors
    PS. I wouldn't bother trying to escape. That tends to result in some rather... unsavory consequences.

Aaaaaand, here's the Mutants and Masterminds Teaser:

To: Viper ([email protected])
    Subject:From: Viper ([email protected])
    To: Dr. Mongoose ([email protected])
    Subject:
    Last edited by Chaotic Void; 03-15-2014, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Eh, that's actually closer to Champions to my mind, but okay, I get it. Voted for FF.
    Well, so much for that tie... That being said, I'll still post the teasers to see if anyone changes their minds. I've got the FF game's ready, so I'll have the MnM one done when I can.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Nope. It's d20 based, so it's closest to D&D. You basically spend power points to build your character from the ground up. No rolling for stats or anything like that.
    Eh, that's actually closer to Champions to my mind, but okay, I get it. Voted for FF.

Leave a comment:

• Irate Canadian
    replied
    Teaser please.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Isn't M&M Champions based?
    Nope. It's d20 based, so it's closest to D&D. You basically spend power points to build your character from the ground up. No rolling for stats or anything like that.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Isn't M&M Champions based?

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    None of these games are D&D Based, actually. Sure, the basic idea is the same, but they use different dice (Cinematic Unisystem uses only d10, Mutants and Masterminds used only a d20, and Final Fantasy uses 2d6).

For those of you still interested in one of these games (Final Fantasy or Mutants and Masterminds), since these polls are at a standstill... how would you like to break the tie? Would you like to let your future GM pick, or would you prefer to have me post a 'teaser' of sorts for each and let you argue amongst yourselves?
    Post a teaser.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
    I am the newest blood, still learning D&D.

Of course, I am still young (in D&D) to vote.
    None of these games are D&D Based, actually. Sure, the basic idea is the same, but they use different dice (Cinematic Unisystem uses only d10, Mutants and Masterminds used only a d20, and Final Fantasy uses 2d6).

For those of you still interested in one of these games (Final Fantasy or Mutants and Masterminds), since these polls are at a standstill... how would you like to break the tie? Would you like to let your future GM pick, or would you prefer to have me post a 'teaser' of sorts for each and let you argue amongst yourselves?

Leave a comment:

• Pinoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    Doesn't mean you can't. New blood would be nice.
    I am the newest blood, still learning D&D.

Of course, I am still young (in D&D) to vote.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied

Still tied folks... I'm contemplating setting a deadline, unless there's an overwhelming number of votes churning in within the next week that makes this poll one-sided.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    Well, as it stands, Mutants and Masterminds and Final Fantasy are tied for 3 each. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks

Leave a comment:

• Chrs
    replied
    I'd totally play the FF game.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    Originally posted by Pentecost View Post
    I've never played-by-post or a (successful) game outside the d20 rules. But barring those warnings I'd happily join this campaign whenever it gets going.
    Welcome Aboard.

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
    What is the final fantasy RPG system anyway?
    It's basically a 2d6 rule system. You build a character (stats, Job [White Mage, Gambler, Ranger, etc], skills, goals), and it goes from there. It uses a Hero/Drama Point-like system called Destiny that you can use to affect rolls, cheat death, etc. I've always wanted to try it since I found the Rulebook, even if it meant building my own Final Fantasy World from scratch. ETA: If we don't wind up running this game, I'll likely send you the PDF anyway.

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
    The only one I know of those is M&M, but I'm pretty short of free time with the new baby, so I'd better not vote on this one.
    Fair enough. Got to applaud you for having your priorities straight. Congrats again, by the by.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Zwycky
    replied
    The only one I know of those is M&M, but I'm pretty short of free time with the new baby, so I'd better not vote on this one.

Leave a comment:

• Chrs
    replied
    What is the final fantasy RPG system anyway?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X