Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Supremicisit groups posing as Antifa call for violence amid protests.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watermelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    When Trump starts rounding up jews and putting them into gas chambers, then I will gladly join in fighting against him. But that isn't what is going on here. They just want to cause chaos. They are just destroying private property, punching old women and men, setting fire to cars, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    I actually just asked for evidence of what you said. Are you now denying that you said that "Most Antifa supporters are violent" and have backed down to "Some Antifa supporters are violent"?
    No, I still assert that the main function of Antifa is to cause chaos and do violence. That's what it does.

Here this is form an Antifa apologist admitting it.
    The argument is that militant anti-fascism is inherently self-defense because of the historically documented violence that fascists pose, especially to marginalized peoplehttps://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/02/u...ifa-trump.html
    Last edited by Sparko; 06-08-2020, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Leonhard
    replied
    So this is a case of you just continuing to ask for more and more evidence,
    I actually just asked for evidence of what you said. Are you now denying that you said that "Most Antifa supporters are violent" and have backed down to "Some Antifa supporters are violent"?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I won't deny those instances, that has happened. However, those are a minute number of them. Sparko, you'll need several hundreds of cases like that per demonstration in order for what you said "Most Antifa are violent" to be true.

Also, don't forget Charlottesville. It was an alt-righter who drove his car into a crowd of them, causing the death of one. It wasn't Antifa.

Yes, self-defense is perfectly okay wouldn't you agree?

I support the right of anonymity.
    So this is a case of you just continuing to ask for more and more evidence, and it will never be enough. But trust me there are a lot more out there, I just don't have the time to go find them all just to convince you.

I can do the same with the whole "police brutality" thing. You claim it is systemic, and I say it is rare and just a function of the media publicizing the few incidents that happen.

Can you show me more examples of PEACEFUL Antifa protests than I can of violent ones?

Leave a comment:

• Leonhard
    replied
    antifa throwing rocks and a bomb:
    antifa throwing fire bombs at police in paris:
    I won't deny those instances, that has happened. However, those are a minute number of them. Sparko, you'll need several hundreds of cases like that per demonstration in order for what you said "Most Antifa are violent" to be true.

Also, don't forget Charlottesville. It was an alt-righter who drove his car into a crowd of them, causing the death of one. It wasn't Antifa.

Antifa leaders admit they're willing to physically attack anyone who employs violence against them or who condones racism
    Yes, self-defense is perfectly okay wouldn't you agree?

People put on the masks so that we can all become anonymous, right? And then, therefore, we are able to move more freely and do what we need to do, whether it is illegal or not.
    I support the right of anonymity.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    See, now you're defining Antifa as people displaying violent tendencies. You can't have it both ways Cow Poke, you can't claim Antifa are violent, and then define them in terms of violence. You might as well say "violent protesters".

I usually recognise them because they wear black, and they wear face covering. You can look up a lot of videos and just start counting. But I don't find as many accounts of violence as I find protesters. So I have to ask you, where do you get your information that most of the Antifa are violent.

You get a lot of blinders on and "how do you know" when it comes to conservatives though. That's for sure.

I've honestly seen far more citations that they're peaceful, and I've seen too many videos to believe out of hand that most of them are violent. I think that what is happening is that you and Sparko are seeing a handful of clashes between alt-right activists, and Antifa members.

Thank you I also find you reasonable, you don't just automatically disagree. You actually think about what you say, which is kinda rare on any forum.
    antifa throwing rocks and a bomb:

antifa throwing fire bombs at police in paris:

Some links from Mountain Man I found in some earlier threads:

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...g-12041287.php

--
    Antifa leaders admit they're willing to physically attack anyone who employs violence against them or who condones racism -- as long as force is used in the name of eradicating hatred.

[...]

"People put on the masks so that we can all become anonymous, right? And then, therefore, we are able to move more freely and do what we need to do, whether it is illegal or not."

[...]

Antifa activists often don't hesitate to destroy property, which many see as the incarnation of unfair wealth distribution.

"Violence against windows -- there's no such thing as violence against windows," a masked Antifa member in Union Square told CNN. "Windows don't have -- they're not persons. And even when they are persons, the people we fight back against, they are evil. They are the living embodiment, they are the second coming of Hitler."

[...]

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/18/u...eft/index.html
    --

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by whag View Post
    Let's not split hairs, CP. Everyone is seeing those types of fake posts, which must mean that these are groups not just a group.
    I don't see how twitter could possibly distinguish these groups from the other. Antifa claims they're against racism and white supremacy, but so what. We know antifa engages in violence. We know antifa has an all white membership. We have video footage of antifa instigating violence among black movements. Forget what they claim and look at their actions.

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

sure
    Let's not split hairs, CP. Everyone is seeing those types of fake posts, which must mean that these are groups not just a group.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Can someone explain to me why there are no minority antifa members? I have not seen one minority, ever, zero, and I've seen a slew of photos and videos about antifa. Not one minority. Note to the internet sleuths that read this, your google search is going to have be very extensive if you're going to try and find at least one.

Doesn't that strike anyone a bit odd considering it's a leftist movement that supposedly fights against racism? I mean I've even seen minority Proud Boys members (even if you want to argue they're just tokens), ironically the group often called a "white supremacist" group by the left. Not ONE minority antifa member. Not even a token.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    And so would you be if you think I get my news from the "MSM",
    I was thinking more like CNN World or BBC or something.

you might be surprised to know that the only time I link to american news sites is when I'm looking up things people have said on this forum, or following their links. The closest I get is when I want to cite something several news sites are saying.
    Doesn't surprise me at all.

I try to do something similar since if I don't I'll be accused of just following the MSM.

Leave a comment:

• Leonhard
    replied
    You'd be wrong.
    And so would you be if you think I get my news from the "MSM", you might be surprised to know that the only time I link to american news sites is when I'm looking up things people have said on this forum, or following their links. The closest I get is when I want to cite something several news sites are saying.

I try not to post articles from "conservative" news sites, because I know the left fringe here will attack the source, first. So if I see something on Drudge or RCP, I try to find a liberal source that deals with the same subject.
    I try to do something similar since if I don't I'll be accused of just following the MSM.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    How DO you type with your eyes closed?
    How do you read, with your mind closed?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    So, nothing specific.
    How DO you type with your eyes closed?

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    So, nothing specific.

It is interesting that the right keeps mentioning Antifa but never mention any of the alt right groups by name. Ever notice that, CP? Trump and Barr keep doing the same even though they never substantiate their assertions. And if you correctly comprehended the last paragraph in the article you would have understood that the account cited was not Antifa, it was a white nationalist organization masquerading as Antifa.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Gonna start here....

You and Sparko, Rumtum, Mountain Man, seer, etc... all speak with huge disdain for leftist media "MSM",
    Because I remember a time when they could be trusted to give us NEWS, not liberal narrative and rhetoric and slant and opinion.

but not a word of critique about Fox News, Breitbart etc...
    I don't watch Fox News or Breitbart. I DO recognize that Fox News sprung up because millions of Americans got tired of being lied to by the MSM.
    The only Breitbart to which I am exposed is what MM posts.

so I think it is fair to guess that you get most, if not all of your news from there.
    You'd be wrong.

I don't use those news sources, I just use video recordings, police reports, etc... And when I do report on news I also specifically label it as such, because there's just always a level of distrust with news in general.
    I try to find balance -- I see a source, often from RealClearPolitics, then I try to find the other side --- I try not to post articles from "conservative" news sites, because I know the left fringe here will attack the source, first. So if I see something on Drudge or RCP, I try to find a liberal source that deals with the same subject.

All too often, in my opinion, the MSM 'neglects' to report on things that aren't in line with the liberal agenda.

Just being honest!

Leave a comment: