Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Slaughtering our Kurdish allies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraceth
    replied
    Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    When is the last time the USA actually bothered declaring war?
    I think in 2003 for the Iraq war.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Dems and Reps must quickly team up to dump Trump. Vamos!

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Placating his anti-war base with actual anti-war actions is indeed a travesty.
    ... spin ... spin ... spin ... spin ... spin ...

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Still self interest rogue.
    Placating his anti-war base with actual anti-war actions is indeed a travesty.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    When is the last time the USA actually bothered declaring war?

Leave a comment:

• demi-conservative
    replied
    Babylon Bee on point as usual:

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    Has the middle east ever not had conflict?
    Good question.

Jim
    I'm cool with folks noticing other places have had lots of wars, but ya know, I'm trying to think of the last time that could be said of the U.S., and coming up blank, which makes me wonder about the relevance.

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    Originally posted by Roy View Post

Well, that's all right then.

But... isn't the ISIS Caliph still uncaptured?
    For now, we've got an unhinged caliph, and an uncaptured president, or maybe the other way around.

Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Good question.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    I don't think so. I thought you were supporting trump with your reply. That is all that could be understood from your reply w/o further explanation from you.

Jim
    Not that I'd ever object to unwitting irony, I wasn't even referencing him in 22.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And just like you and juv did here with me you took the worst possible interpretation, presented it as the only possible interpretation and demanded that everyone acquiesce to it, and condemning those that didn't.
    I don't think so. I thought you were supporting trump with your reply -no more, no less. That is all that could be understood from your reply w/o further explanation from you. -- actually -- my comment was that trump was acting out of self interest. You proposed and alternative explanation to protecting Trump towers Turkey, but I pointed out your objection was also self interest.

So there wasn't a whole heck of a lot of assuming about you at all in my comments.

However, In my response to your objection to be considered 'with' Trump, I noted that there was nothing in your reply that could have been interpreted otherwise. And I made clear that unless you note otherwise, I will assume you are if that is what you post implies for the reasons stated.

But in this section of text, I've only pointed out that your alternative reason is still an issue of self-interest for Trump.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-08-2019, 11:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Personally I think it is a bad idea so you failed miserably at your attempt at mind reading.
    Did someone say you thought it was a good idea?

I'm merely pointing out that pulling the military out of various Middle Eastern conflicts was a campaign promise of Trump's.
    That's a stronger defense of his decision than we've seen from the Republican party leaders in either chamber, which puts you, as I said, off the scale on the partisan fringe.

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied

Well, that's all right then.

But... isn't the ISIS Caliph still uncaptured?
    Last edited by Roy; 10-08-2019, 08:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Naturally. You've defended worse from Trump rougue. I've even started threads saying - effectively - surely people can't support THIS - and sure enough, a good many of you do. Many time you and others have chastised me severely for pointing our what he is doing is immoral, after all, you didn't elect a saint. So I can't even count on the immorality of his actions as any indication you would be likely to reject them. So yes, if you don't explicitly say you are against what he is doing, I assume you are with what he is doing.

Jim
    And just like you and juv did here with me you took the worst possible interpretation, presented it as the only possible interpretation and demanded that everyone acquiesce to it, and condemning those that didn't.

Leave a comment: