Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

2016 Presidential Debates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    It isn't free CP, we all pay for it.
    Well, those of us who actually pay taxes are paying for it. The Democratic Party is entirely dependent on OPM.

Thats the kind of government that those of us who care about people, aka liberals/progressives, want.
    If you truly cared about people, you'd be in favor of programs that actually work to help them, not keep them enslaved. What you REALLY want is to keep people on the plantation, beholden to your party for their very existence. All you care about is their votes to keep your party in power.

Its also the kind of government that one would think you so called Christians would want, but somehow you guys don't seem to like that idea.
    Ah, the "so called Christians" idiocy. Jimmy, I bet you your next welfare check that I have spent FAR MORE of my own money helping people this past year than you've spent in your entire life.

Now, if you actually have anything to say about PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS, you can stay --- otherwise, you're derailing this thread with your liberal drivel.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Well, those of us who actually pay taxes are paying for it.
      Yeah, which includes most of us, and you have a problem with that.

The Democratic Party is entirely dependent on OPM.
      Thats just stupidity CP, and i'm sure you know that.

If you truly cared about people, you'd be in favor of programs that actually work to help them, not keep them enslaved.
      Thats just the excuse you republicans use to make yourselves feel better.

What you REALLY want is to keep people on the plantation, beholden to your party for their very existence. All you care about is their votes to keep your party in power.
      See above.

Ah, the "so called Christians" idiocy. Jimmy, I bet you your next welfare check that I have spent FAR MORE of my own money helping people this past year than you've spent in your entire life.
      Then you should want a government that helps people as well. But you don't so its hard to take you seriously.
      Now, if you actually have anything to say about PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS, you can stay --- otherwise, you're derailing this thread with your liberal drivel.
      I'm only responding to your conservative drivel CP, so perhaps you should leave your own thread.

Comment

I'm only responding to your conservative drivel CP, so perhaps you should leave your own thread.
        You've had your say, Jim. Now, if you can't focus on the topic, I'll be asking you to leave.

Thanks
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          You've had your say, Jim. Now, if you can't focus on the topic, I'll be asking you to leave.

Thanks
          Fine, if you want to focus on the topic, then focus on the topic and I'll respond in kind. But if you are going to go off topic, then its disingenuous of you to demand of others to stay on it.

Comment

This is a rather partisan rant, but it makes an interesting point: Trump seems to do better in multi-person debates than in a one-on-one setting. So it might make sense for him to push for the inclusion of Johnson and Stein (who may well be more likely to take votes away from Clinton in any case): http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...-happen-at-all

I don't buy the blogger's prediction that Trump will try to avoid the debates altogether.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              I don't buy the blogger's prediction that Trump will try to avoid the debates altogether.
              He sounds like he stuck in la-la land
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Mean while for those of us who feel like this about everything The presidential debates go something like this
                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Considering these two candidates I think mud wrestling contest would be more fun and instructive to watch. I'll just wait for the digest version to come out.

My prediction: Trump will be an ogre and ignore the moderators, speak out of turn and be overall insulting, going off the rails constantly. Hillary will be rolling her eyes a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    Considering these two candidates I think mud wrestling contest would be more fun and instructive to watch.
                    Will they be wearing bathing suits? Pass the mind bleach, please.

I'll just wait for the digest version to come out.

My prediction: Trump will be an ogre and ignore the moderators, speak out of turn and be overall insulting, going off the rails constantly. Hillary will be rolling her eyes a lot.
                    It will be interesting to see if Trump can remain focused enough to hit her on her vulnerabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by CP
                      The Democratic Party is entirely dependent on OPM
                      Thats just stupidity CP, and i'm sure you know that.
                      It's a fact. Just look at Obamacare subsidies:

Taxes and fees. OPM.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        It's a fact. Just look at Obamacare subsidies:

Taxes and fees. OPM.
                        Perhaps Jimmy doesn't understand that OPM is "Other People's Money" = Taxes and fees.

Comment

Meanwhile, polling continues, and trends are interesting...

poll.gif

Comment

Taxes pay for government programs?

Jeeze, guys, someone should tell the media. This is huuuuge

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                              Taxes pay for government programs?

Jeeze, guys, someone should tell the media. This is huuuuge
                              Cause it's all about FREE STUFF - that's what JimL wants. Democrats are much better at promising FREE STUFF.

Comment