Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Tweb slowness

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweb slowness

Tweb is running slow today. We might be under a DDOS attack. I enabled the DDOS attack mode which will occasionally pop up a "are you human" checkbox or a "please wait" message before going to the tweb page. If you are getting errors even loading tweb, please clear all of your cookies, cache, and active logins in your browser for at least the entire day. Or try using a different browser. I apologize for the hassle.

The DDOS attack mode setting can also slow the loading of pages a bit. Please be patient.

Working good now. But I got the too many redirects - clear cookies on this computer. Then I tried another computer and got the same message.
    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
      Working good now. But I got the too many redirects - clear cookies on this computer. Then I tried another computer and got the same message.
      That might have been my fault. The Cloudflare has a setting where it intercepts all traffic and redirects it, and that didn't seem to be working correctly so I turned it back off. Now it just detects DDOS connections and will occasionally put up a notice telling you to please wait or ask if you are a human before letting you through. It should only do that once or twice per session though.

The CPU load has dropped by half so I think it is working and that means we are under an attack, it just isn't working on us now.

Comment

REALLY slow today

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          REALLY slow today
          But not getting messages that a connection can't be established

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah the slowness is back today. Part of that is cloudflare checking traffic for ddos attacks, but most of the slowness looks like its from a sideways attack, as we have an unusual number of search engine crawlers going through the site, eating up CPU. I blocked some of them from singapore and that seems to have dropped down the load a bit.

Last time this happened it was Liconafan97 (DivineOB) doing it (probably paid a botnet to do it for him).

Comment

That guy is a jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Yeah the slowness is back today. Part of that is cloudflare checking traffic for ddos attacks, but most of the slowness looks like its from a sideways attack, as we have an unusual number of search engine crawlers going through the site, eating up CPU. I blocked some of them from singapore and that seems to have dropped down the load a bit.

Last time this happened it was Liconafan97 (DivineOB) doing it (probably paid a botnet to do it for him).
                Wouldn't mind betting that Larry is involved.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

if he is back he will give himself away pretty quickly.

Comment

That guy is a jerk.
                    Apparently a filthy rich jerk, given the $10,000 watch he used to brag about having.

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Really, really slow around midnight last night. Kept getting messages on Chrome that there was a problem with the Cloud but could get through on Microsoft but it wouldn't let me sign in.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That guy is a jerk.
                        We have a history of crazy people attacking the site. Although, given how many sock puppets are involved it might only be a small handful of them.

Comment

So far today, it's running like a champ for me. I couldn't get through at all last night.

Comment

So far today, it's running like a champ for me. I couldn't get through at all last night.
                            When I look at who's online there are no guests so I suspect something was disabled to stop the attack.

Comment

I couldn’t get on for the better part of all day yesterday. By late evening it was ok again.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment