Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Portland Police Refused To Help ICE Agents Who Called 911, Agents Say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Jaecp still comes around from time to time (just 2 days ago) playing the role of Wormtongue and whispering in certain folks ears
    No, I come mostly because this website is a reliable predictor of whatever right wing fantasy I'm going to end up listening to soon while doing political work so I get a heads up on unpacking the noise. Seer, in particular, has been very helpful to my work because of his unfailing ability to be insane in a specific way that tracks with the kinds of messages that the middle aged/elderly residents of Clark County get fed.

The rest of the time is when Star finds something egregiously stupid he thinks I'll find it funny or something that relates to Portland because I live in Portland's Greater Metropolitan Area, specifically Vancouver, and he wants to show me or wants my input.

Some facts

The only local business that had an issue with us put their cart up for sale a few days before the protest began and its terribly located in general. Numerous local people, including local businesses, were stoked for us to be there.

The ICE agents were never in any danger, the protest was peaceful, and any claim otherwise better have some solid videos, but like I've already seen the videos of every police interaction with the camp so...

That photo posted showing how "messy" it supposedly was is post eviction with police clearly visible without visible protesters and where the camp has clearly been tossed. Stop being so bad at basic observation skills, cop.

Seriously, every time I look at this website I can't believe I took most of you seriously for so long. I really don't know what the hell I was thinking. Particularly mister Edited by a Moderator It's like you use your professional background for the sole purpose of obfuscating law enforcement misconduct.

If any of you have anything you want to know about the camp ask it here and I can give you my firsthand account. Direct questions only about facts relating to the basic 5 Ws. I don't give a damn if you think what was being done was wrong, but I can tell you what it was actually like if you actually care and if not I can easily go back to using your website as a barometer for how widespread conspiracy theories have gotten

Moderated By: Sparko

You know better than to reveal a members's personal information or name.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Sparko; 08-03-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      Do you have some sort of deficiency where you don't understand what the word "peaceful" means? Yes, that picture is peaceful because there is no violence there.

Assuming you are once again complaining about the litter. Jaecp who was personally there has informed me that that picture was taken after the police raided and threw all the protesters belongings everywhere and the protesters had to flee or get arrested, and that during the protest when there was 200 people there it was perfectly orderly and not full of rubbish. So please blame your police buddies for creating that mess, not the protesters. Furthermore, he informs me that it is all now cleaned up.
      I thought the problem was that the police were NOT stopping the protests and defending ICE?

Comment

Given I wouldn't trust you to accurately tell me the time of day, I'm going to trust Jaecp over your fantasies.
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Jaecp still comes around from time to time (just 2 days ago) playing the role of Wormtongue and whispering in certain folks ears
        Thanks for the confirmation of what I said and blowing a hole through your claim that he left the site. Man you are stupid for someone who is always proclaiming they're some sort of genius.

And along comes Jaecp to make any attempts at denial a moot point. You just can't make this stuff up

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Given I wouldn't trust you to accurately tell me the time of day, I'm going to trust Jaecp over your fantasies.
          I don't care what you think, you delusional and pompous kiwi. I live in Oregon and you live in New Zealand. Location, location, location.
          I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Do you have some sort of deficiency where you don't understand what the word "peaceful" means?
            Is it even POSSIBLE for you to engage in discussion without the snark?

Yes, that picture is peaceful because there is no violence there.
            It is indicative of the class of people involved in the protest - no respect whatsoever for civil order.

Assuming you are once again complaining about the litter. Jaecp .....
            Spark kinda assumed he was your source for most things you pretend to know about America. Thanks for confirming that.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I'm pretty sure his head would explode if he tried. Or even looked at evidence that didn't support his half-baked conclusions.
              I am Punkinhead.

Comment

Translation: Ke7ejx puts out the facts and truths I can't force into my false narrative, Jaecp tells me things that tickle my ear not sound facts so I can continue to pretend i'm an open minded Intellectual

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Actually, yes - but mostly only on topics in which he has no emotional investment.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Actually, yes - but mostly only on topics in which he has no emotional investment.
                    That's true. Thanks for the reminder!
                    I am Punkinhead.

Comment

I actually like the guy - it just seems he can go to "you're so stupid" so quickly, often because he's the one who misunderstood or was ignorant of the facts.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Or perhaps I'm perfectly used to having intelligent disagreements on many issues with fellow scientists on a daily basis when discussing the possible merits of different hypotheses and don't see anyone who disagrees with me as crazy and/or evil and am perfectly well-balanced when it comes to having disagreements, and it's just that many of the religious conservatives on this site actually are crazy and/or evil.

It's not as if it's just me who thinks that - 3 of my friends who used to post here (Jaecp, Sam, and one other years ago) have left the site in disgust at how crazy people here are. This site, for whatever reason, does seem to attract the dregs of US conservative religious insanity.
                        Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                        No, I come mostly because this website is a reliable predictor of whatever right wing fantasy I'm going to end up listening to soon while doing political work so I get a heads up on unpacking the noise. Seer, in particular, has been very helpful to my work because of his unfailing ability to be insane in a specific way that tracks with the kinds of messages that the middle aged/elderly residents of Clark County get fed.
                        Irony - not only does Starlight call people who disagree with him crazy immediately after lambasting others for doing so, his friend promptly does the same thing!
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Irony - not only does Starlight call people who disagree with him crazy immediately after lambasting others for doing so, his friend promptly does the same thing!
                          If it makes you feel any better, it's not you. You're actually intellectually consistent and I've never seen you use your religion to justify abhorrent behavior. The rest of the reds/greens are wacky as hell though and an embarrassment to your religion. There is a lot of insane crap that passes by here without serious challenge from people like Seer and MM. I know it's rude, but I really do use the deeply weird conspiracy nonsense that they post to know what to expect when I do my job.
                          Last edited by Jaecp; 08-03-2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                            If it makes you feel any better, it's not you. You're actually intellectually consistent and I've never seen you use your religion to justify abhorrent behavior. The rest of the reds/greens are wacky as hell though and an embarrassment to your religion.
                            But the Blues are good?

Comment

... and dance to his music. No wonder you have such a weird psychotic view of the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joke View Post
                                There is a lot of insane crap that passes by here without serious challenge from people like Seer and MM.
                                False. You'll find that I continually challenge liberal insanity.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment