Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Room At The Inn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Pappy,

You're a smart guy. You know you can't prove a negative.

You have TONS of "battle" emails all over Tweb. Darthy has already admitted he's here to fight. You would be wise to do likewise.

Just sayin

CP
    You are wasting your breath CP...
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Pappy,

You're a smart guy. You know you can't prove a negative.

There are no even prime numbers larger than two. Want a proof of that?

You have TONS of "battle" emails all over Tweb. Darthy has already admitted he's here to fight. You would be wise to do likewise.
      My my, dear CP ever so kindly offering me advice. Will I take it?

Nah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        And you're wasting yours, Bill: CP just loves to post at me.

Comment

Yeah, but I had a moment of boredom.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
            A convenient way of dodging the burden of proof.
            As CP said, we all know you can't prove a negative and the lack of current evidence, to say otherwise, is quite telling there. Why is that? I think the answer is pretty obvious, you can't refute a word of it, so you try to shift the burden onto others. I gave evidence pap, 5 pieces to be exact and ignoring it will not make it go away.

Thanks for the concern, but I can take care of myself. The lack of defense by other people doesn't imply that there's a problem, my dear lilpix. And again, my choice not to swat flies doesn't imply I am unable to do so.
            Already went though this... swatting flies is an aggressive action that isn't what we spend most of our time doing. It is quite telling though that is the first thing that comes to your mind. Why is that?

Weren't you the one who made the false claim that I'm "the one attempting to argue that Europeans would have no issue with you calling their children slaves"? Who's the one who isn't admitting the error here, and quickly backpedalling?
            Hey, you tried to correct me and made a huge deal about me saying westerners instead of Americans and now it seems that Europeans would indeed have issues with calling their children slaves. Now would Europeans like their children called slaves or not? If not, why did you try to chastise me when I said they would? Do you even remember your own words pap or do you just like digging your hole to the center of the earth because anything is better than admitting to an error?
            This will be good.

Somehow you think that correcting my word usage in the language English isn't correcting my English Are you quite well? Or perhaps you're just unable to admit error?
            No it isn't 'correcting your English' you dumb twit. Most people tend to take 'correcting your English' as correcting your grammar or spelling, not your word usage. Are you that desperate to avoid admitting you're wrong that you'll try anything and everything to dodge your own stupidity? Keep digging Pap because I know the truth... you can't admit to a single error and would rather go down in flames than just admit that the term 'slave' is not the best term to use to describe the child-parent relationship, to a modern audience.

The dumbass who falsely claimed that I'm "the one attempting to argue that Europeans would have no issue with you calling their children slaves" is advising me to read posts carefully. Wonders never cease.

Watch the dishonest dance continue because Pap's own words:

"Fixed. I'm pretty sure Europeans aren't as angsty as you Yanks about slavery."

So would a Frenchman or Englishman have an issue with you calling their child their slave?

A simple yes or no answer would suffice or do you not want to answer because it would expose your attempts to chastise me, for pointing out that they would, was unfounded and thus... you were wrong and just incapable of admitting to it? Keep digging your own grave pap...
            Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 12-23-2014, 11:03 AM.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
              And you're wasting yours, Bill: CP just loves to post at me.
              Naw, you've pretty much become old news... you have your hands full with lpix, so I'll step back watch you struggle.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                If the Revolution was a violation of Romans 13, then why do you consider the government that was spawned from that legitimate? This seems very inconsistent to me.
                Source: NT Wright, The Public Meaning of the Gospels

And we should take very seriously the fact that the early Jews and Christians were not terribly interested in the process by which rulers came to power, but were extremely interested in what rulers did once they had obtained power.

© Copyright Original Source

We, with our mythologising of revolutions and the democratic process, do precisely the opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  As CP said, we all know you can't prove a negative and the lack of current evidence, to say otherwise, is quite telling there.
                  Any even number larger than two has a factor of 2, and is hence not a prime number. Hence there is no prime number larger than two.

Already went though this... swatting flies is an aggressive action that isn't what we spend most of our time doing. It is quite telling though that is the first thing that comes to your mind. Why is that?
                  I'm not sure why you see any significance. Do tell.

Hey, you tried to correct me and made a huge deal about me saying westerners instead of Americans and now it seems that Europeans would indeed have issues with calling their children slaves. Now would Europeans like their children called slaves or not? If not, why did you try to chastise me when I said they would?
                  So would a Frenchman or Englishman have an issue with you calling their child their slave?
                  Dumbass. Here's the right context:
                  In our past, the forum slavery took was one in which people were bought and sold as property and treated as such. That mental image is ingrained into our cultural psyche, so that would mean that you need to be aware of this when you write to a 21st century western audience.
                  Europeans generally don't have slavery ingrained in their cultural psyche; they don't angst over slavery as you Americans do. Thus the correction.

It has nothing to do with your red herring about whether a Frenchman or Englishman have an issue - stop trying to distract from your error.
                  Last edited by Paprika; 12-23-2014, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Now, that was a fun prelude, but we have to eventually get to the heart of the matter, don't we?

you can't admit to a single error and would rather go down in flames than just admit that the term 'slave' is not the best term to use to describe the child-parent relationship, to a modern audience.
                    Since her first post to me in this thread, lilpix has been chastising me for using "slave" or "slaves" to describe children.

I hereby challenge her to demonstrate that I have done so.

Comment

Naw, you've pretty much become old news... you have your hands full with lpix, so I'll step back watch you struggle.
                      Ran out of things to say, CP? Don't fret, you'll come up with something typically asinine soon enough.

Comment

He will stalk you and prod at you until you reply. Mark my words...

***ETA *** Told ya.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

***ETA *** Told ya.
                          Now, you're just being dramatic. To reply to a post addressed to me is to "stalk"?

You should try a more convincing attack next time; it might actually stick!

Comment

He will stalk you and prod at you until you reply. Mark my words....
                            Yup... childish routines from the one who loves to say "grow up".

Comment

***ETA *** Told ya.
                              Is this what we would call....

a cattle prod?
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                a cattle prod?
                                I'm guessing it would need to be a cow poke prod

Comment