// Required code

Announcement

Collapse

Wicca and Neo-Pagan Religions Guidelines

Theists only.

Which witch is which?

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Wicca/Neo Paganism. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generally not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Report: Ouija board sends three to hospital in Mexico

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Report: Ouija board sends three to hospital in Mexico

    Way too many people think this sort of thing is harmless. I think it's a shame the local priest refused to do an exorcism on the grounds they were not regular churchgoers. Jesus healed those who came to him with faith.

    http://www.christianpost.com/news/ou...-video-122081/
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

  • #2
    Read about this earlier today: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ssed-girl.html

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Way too many people think this sort of thing is harmless. I think it's a shame the local priest refused to do an exorcism on the grounds they were not regular churchgoers. Jesus healed those who came to him with faith.

      http://www.christianpost.com/news/ou...-video-122081/
      I've never seen one in use. I always thought they were just powerless wooden boards?
      Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

      -Thomas Aquinas

      I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

      -Hernando Cortez

      What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

      -Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
        I've never seen one in use. I always thought they were just powerless wooden boards?
        The boards themselves are just wood. It's the idea that if you ask for the supernatural to come, you shouldn't be surprised if they do.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

        Comment


        • #5
          And they aren't usually nice house guests...

          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


          "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

          My Personal Blog

          My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

          Comment


          • #6
            I dunno.

            Still, Ouija boards aren't something to have in your household. They may be manufactured purely for entertainment purposes, but anytime you deliberately try to contact spirits, they may just answer.

            Comment


            • #7
              Acts 19 makes a big deal about people burning their sorcery scrolls that had been their livelihood upon conversion to Christianity. The early church took this sort of thing far more seriously than we do.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

              Comment


              • #8
                Were any medical tests done to rule out things like drug use? Also, are supernatural demons usually effected by modern, earthly medications? From the article:

                However, all three were treated with painkillers, anti stress medication and eye drops. Soon, their symptoms— "double vision … muscle spasms and difficulty swallowing," Demesa said— subsided.
                And rogues article:

                They restrained Alexandra to prevent her from hurting herself, before treating the three with painkillers, anti-stress medication and eye drops, which seemingly worked.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Humans are usually affected - maybe it isn't so much fun possessing someone that's in drug induced catatonia?

                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                  "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                  My Personal Blog

                  My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Acts 19 makes a big deal about people burning their sorcery scrolls that had been their livelihood upon conversion to Christianity. The early church took this sort of thing far more seriously than we do.
                    The early Church took 'everything' more seriously than people do now.
                    Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

                    -Thomas Aquinas

                    I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

                    -Hernando Cortez

                    What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

                    -Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CMD View Post
                      Were any medical tests done to rule out things like drug use? Also, are supernatural demons usually effected by modern, earthly medications? From the article:



                      And rogues article:

                      Yea, I'm not so sure about this case; but to have all three undergo severe psychosis all at once is a pretty heavy blow to the self-delusion theory.

                      Anyway, human beings are biological creatures and medication can severely limit what a possible demon can do with it. Kind of like splashing the inside of a computer with water and expecting it to still work at full capacity.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                        Anyway, human beings are biological creatures and medication can severely limit what a possible demon can do with it. Kind of like splashing the inside of a computer with water and expecting it to still work at full capacity.
                        Yeah, what little information we have about demons suggests that their power is very limited.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          On a related note, other than just to amuse themselves, why do demons bother with possession? I don't see much benefit.


                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                          "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                          My Personal Blog

                          My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            On a related note, other than just to amuse themselves, why do demons bother with possession? I don't see much benefit.

                            One theory I've read is that they're essentially parasites. And they can't affect Christians because the Holy Spirit is like boiling water to them.
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              One theory I've read is that they're essentially parasites. And they can't affect Christians because the Holy Spirit is like boiling water to them.
                              That's interesting. I'd assumed something along the 'if we scare the heck out of people they'll turn away from God' line of thought.

                              Any idea where you read it?

                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                              "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                              My Personal Blog

                              My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X