Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.


Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Immutability of God.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

    Here's a hint jo, you haven't left "religion". You've just invented your own, along with a new god to go with it.
    Exactly. And the God they created is themselves. Pure selfishness and egomania.

    Comment


    • Edited by a Moderator

      Moderated By: Zymologist


      In future, please get permission before posting in this area. Thank you.

      ***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
      Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

      Last edited by Zymologist; 04-18-2017, 10:11 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        That makes no sense. Is an attribute somehow the entire nature???
        Given God's nature defines itself. List attributes of that nature.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

        . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

        Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          I think people are referring more to God's moral character and abilities never changing.
          Well, that is what the Bible refers to, anyway.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          .
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            You indicated you are a baptist once. Have you taken your ideas about God's nature to your pastor and see what he thinks?
            My view point is baptist. I have discussed this with pastors. Mischaracterization of my view here is just that. I try to clarify. But it too is mischaracterized.

            Immutability with God is fundamental. Mutability also had to have always been or there would a departure from immutability. And there is no departure of immutability nor can there have been. So mutability also has to always to have been with God in some way.
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

            . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

            Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              But it is all interpreted. The Jehovah's Witnesses will say that they hold to the word of God according to the 66 books of the bible, but they sure interpret them differently. They claim that Jesus is not God at all, but the incarnation of Michael the Arch-angel, for example. They interpret John 1:1 to say that the son was "another God"

              There are also cults that believe that the Father came down and became the Son, and is now the Holy Spirit. Modalism. They will tell you they believe the 66 books of the bible too.

              Who God is is an essential. One God revealed as three distinct persons. When you start making up various other natures based on your private interpretations, then you have gone beyond the bible and orthodoxy. Which is what you seem to be doing. Baptists do not believe what you have been claiming about God and Christ and these other "temporal" natures and immutability. That is your own interpretation and idea. That is why it is important to check your own ideas against other Christians, and your pastor, to make sure you haven't wandered into heresy.
              The godhead, tritheism denies one God, unitarianism denies the deity of Christ, Arianism denies the deity of Christ, Modalism denies the Persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All of those things being denied can be shown to be taught in the Bible.

              This needs to be said: Error is the denial of truth. All groups making claims to be Christian make some kind of claims to the 66 books we call the Bible. But the false teachings all have in common is there teachings are always the Bible plus another authority. Not the written word of God alone. Not sola scriptura.

              Biblical errors either adds to the word of God or denies some explicit teaching of the word of God.
              Do you know an exception?
              . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

              . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

              Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                The godhead, tritheism denies one God, unitarianism denies the deity of Christ, Arianism denies the deity of Christ, Modalism denies the Persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All of those things being denied can be shown to be taught in the Bible.

                This needs to be said: Error is the denial of truth. All groups making claims to be Christian make some kind of claims to the 66 books we call the Bible. But the false teachings all have in common is there teachings are always the Bible plus another authority. Not the written word of God alone. Not sola scriptura.

                Biblical errors either adds to the word of God or denies some explicit teaching of the word of God.
                Do you know an exception?

                Truths:


                They declare that God is imminent in His creation, that there is no place in heaven or earth or hell where men may hide from His presence. They teach that God is at once far off and near, and that in Him men move and live and have their being.



                It would seem that before the fall of Adam and Eve these two were privileged to enjoy intimate fellowship and communion with God. From verse 8, we can infer that God daily walked in the garden in the cool of the day, and that Adam and Eve enjoyed this time with Him. But when they chose to trust the devil instead of God and to disobey the command of God, they sinned. Their sin caused them to withdraw from God out of fear. They hid themselves from Him. Sin results in separation from God.

                The rest of the Bible is the story of how God fulfills this promise of salvation so that sinful men can once again draw nearer to God. God’s presence was manifested in the holy of holies, where the gaze of men was prevented lest they die. And men were informed that only by means of the shedding of blood could they approach their God in worship. This whole system foreshadowed the coming of the Messiah, the “Lamb of God,” who would bear the sins of the world and whose shed blood would cleanse men from their sins.

                Bottom line to the truthfulness:

                4 "Yet to this day the LORD has not given you a heart to know, nor eyes to see, nor ears to hear. 5 "I have led you forty years in the wilderness; your clothes have not worn out on you, and your sandal has not worn out on your foot. 6 "You have not eaten bread, nor have you drunk wine or strong drink, in order that you might know that I am the LORD your God.…

                The journey out into the desert was to show "all" people (Israelites) the need for God as told by Moses(Deuteronomy 29). We (even as Christians) are made imperfect for a reason while God being perfect "gave" out just judgments and mercies. Also, none of the rulers "matched" authority with His son (Messiah) Jesus but his authority came from God as a seal - with an approval. All things were given to the son, that is a truth. (and stated) The best passage in the bible is about our salvation and how we "as sinners" turn toward God for his forgiveness. Our imperfections makes us strive toward the one who is perfect and loving.

                18 A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 19“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 20 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.

                21“All these I have kept since I was a boy,” he said.

                22When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”23 When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was very wealthy. 24Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

                26Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?” 27 Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” (This is the Truth)

                The truth will always weigh itself out of the untruths - you can't hide the truth, anymore, than you can hide your sins. (see Genesis 3 ( hattat of disobedience) - the serpent in the tree, knew the law - the truth, it was up to us to follow it regardless) God showed mercy in Genesis 3:15 when he speaks of someone in the future who will "crush the head of the serpent." This is a sign of God's love for his creation; in spite of man's disobedience, he gave mankind hope for the future.

                "By faith", - writes the author of the Letter to the Hebrews - "we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the visible world was made out of the invisible" (11.3). Faith implies, therefore, being able to recognize the invisible, by identifying traces of it in the visible world. ( making those TRUTHS visible to everyone) The believer can read the great book of nature and understanding its language (cf. Ps 19.2 to 5), the universe speaks to us of God (cf. Rom 1:19-20), but we need the Word of His revelation, that stimulates faith, so that man can achieve full awareness of the reality of God as Creator and Father.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Marta View Post
                  Truths:


                  They declare that God is imminent in His creation, that there is no place in heaven or earth or hell where men may hide from His presence. They teach that God is at once far off and near, and that in Him men move and live and have their being.



                  It would seem that before the fall of Adam and Eve these two were privileged to enjoy intimate fellowship and communion with God. From verse 8, we can infer that God daily walked in the garden in the cool of the day, and that Adam and Eve enjoyed this time with Him. But when they chose to trust the devil instead of God and to disobey the command of God, they sinned. Their sin caused them to withdraw from God out of fear. They hid themselves from Him. Sin results in separation from God.

                  The rest of the Bible is the story of how God fulfills this promise of salvation so that sinful men can once again draw nearer to God. God’s presence was manifested in the holy of holies, where the gaze of men was prevented lest they die. And men were informed that only by means of the shedding of blood could they approach their God in worship. This whole system foreshadowed the coming of the Messiah, the “Lamb of God,” who would bear the sins of the world and whose shed blood would cleanse men from their sins.

                  Bottom line to the truthfulness:

                  4 "Yet to this day the LORD has not given you a heart to know, nor eyes to see, nor ears to hear. 5 "I have led you forty years in the wilderness; your clothes have not worn out on you, and your sandal has not worn out on your foot. 6 "You have not eaten bread, nor have you drunk wine or strong drink, in order that you might know that I am the LORD your God.…

                  The journey out into the desert was to show "all" people (Israelites) the need for God as told by Moses(Deuteronomy 29). We (even as Christians) are made imperfect for a reason while God being perfect "gave" out just judgments and mercies. Also, none of the rulers "matched" authority with His son (Messiah) Jesus but his authority came from God as a seal - with an approval. All things were given to the son, that is a truth. (and stated) The best passage in the bible is about our salvation and how we "as sinners" turn toward God for his forgiveness. Our imperfections makes us strive toward the one who is perfect and loving.

                  18 A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 19“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 20 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.

                  21“All these I have kept since I was a boy,” he said.

                  22When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”23 When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was very wealthy. 24Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

                  26Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?” 27 Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” (This is the Truth)

                  The truth will always weigh itself out of the untruths - you can't hide the truth, anymore, than you can hide your sins. (see Genesis 3 ( hattat of disobedience) - the serpent in the tree, knew the law - the truth, it was up to us to follow it regardless) God showed mercy in Genesis 3:15 when he speaks of someone in the future who will "crush the head of the serpent." This is a sign of God's love for his creation; in spite of man's disobedience, he gave mankind hope for the future.

                  "By faith", - writes the author of the Letter to the Hebrews - "we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the visible world was made out of the invisible" (11.3). Faith implies, therefore, being able to recognize the invisible, by identifying traces of it in the visible world. ( making those TRUTHS visible to everyone) The believer can read the great book of nature and understanding its language (cf. Ps 19.2 to 5), the universe speaks to us of God (cf. Rom 1:19-20), but we need the Word of His revelation, that stimulates faith, so that man can achieve full awareness of the reality of God as Creator and Father.
                  So are you denying the Trinity explanation of the Godhead? What is your point?
                  . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

                  . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

                  Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                    So are you denying the Trinity explanation of the Godhead? What is your point?
                    That there are truths even though you may feel that scripture has been drained of the actual verbiage. The meaning/language in the scripture and how passages may be transposed into English.



                    Scripture states for clarity, "The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law." Deuteronomy 29:29. What's hidden from us (mind and perhaps, visual) is for a reason - some things are not meant for us to know (secret things that belong to God) and when God "reveals - those wisdoms/knowledge" (as with the passage in Genesis 18, " 17Then the Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do?") it is by His will not because "we" discovered on our own. Knowledge isn't something we achieve on our own, when searching out these passages, it is something that God enlightens us or makes us aware of. I guess the passage that comes into my mind is the phrase - passage:


                    "Be Careful Lest the Light in You Be Darkness "

                    "No one after lighting a lamp puts it in a cellar or under a basket, but on a stand, so that those who enter may see the light. 34 Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light, but when it is bad, your body is full of darkness. 35 Therefore be careful lest the light in you be darkness. 36 If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, it will be wholly bright, as when a lamp with its rays gives you light. (Luke 11:33-36)

                    Just before these verses, Jesus says, “Something greater than Solomon is here . . . Something greater than Jonah is here” (Luke 11:31–32). That is, the wisdom of Jesus exceeds the greatest human wisdom, and the resurrection of Jesus will be greater than most spectacular human rescues and resuscitations.

                    The question Jesus then addresses is: Do we see this for what it is—magnificent and compelling, so that it becomes the light and joy of our lives? He talks about seeing—and about two lamps."

                    The ending of this article is very clear: "I am the light of the world (John 8:12; 9:5). I am the lamp that must not be hidden or missed."
                    Last edited by Marta; 04-27-2017, 01:33 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                      So are you denying the Trinity explanation of the Godhead? What is your point?
                      Matthew Henry Commentary
                      13:8-13 Charity is much to be preferred to the gifts on which the Corinthians prided themselves. From its longer continuance. It is a grace, lasting as eternity. The present state is a state of childhood, the future that of manhood. Such is the difference between earth and heaven. What narrow views, what confused notions of things, have children when compared with grown men! Thus shall we think of our most valued gifts of this world, when we come to heaven. All things are dark and confused now, compared with what they will be hereafter. They can only be seen as by the reflection in a mirror, or in the description of a riddle; but hereafter our knowledge will be free from all obscurity and error. It is the light of heaven only, that will remove all clouds and darkness that hide the face of God from us. To sum up the excellences of charity, it is preferred not only to gifts, but to other graces, to faith and hope. Faith fixes on the Divine revelation, and assents thereto, relying on the Divine Redeemer. Hope fastens on future happiness, and waits for that; but in heaven, faith will be swallowed up in actual sight, and hope in enjoyment. There is no room to believe and hope, when we see and enjoy. But there, love will be made perfect. There we shall perfectly love God. And there we shall perfectly love one another. Blessed state! how much surpassing the best below! God is love, 1Jo 4:8,16. Where God is to be seen as he is, and face to face, there charity is in its greatest height; there only will it be perfected.
                      1 Corinthians 13:12 Commentaries

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Marta View Post
                        Matthew Henry Commentary
                        13:8-13 Charity is much to be preferred to the gifts on which the Corinthians prided themselves. From its longer continuance. It is a grace, lasting as eternity. The present state is a state of childhood, the future that of manhood. Such is the difference between earth and heaven. What narrow views, what confused notions of things, have children when compared with grown men! Thus shall we think of our most valued gifts of this world, when we come to heaven. All things are dark and confused now, compared with what they will be hereafter. They can only be seen as by the reflection in a mirror, or in the description of a riddle; but hereafter our knowledge will be free from all obscurity and error. It is the light of heaven only, that will remove all clouds and darkness that hide the face of God from us. To sum up the excellences of charity, it is preferred not only to gifts, but to other graces, to faith and hope. Faith fixes on the Divine revelation, and assents thereto, relying on the Divine Redeemer. Hope fastens on future happiness, and waits for that; but in heaven, faith will be swallowed up in actual sight, and hope in enjoyment. There is no room to believe and hope, when we see and enjoy. But there, love will be made perfect. There we shall perfectly love God. And there we shall perfectly love one another. Blessed state! how much surpassing the best below! God is love, 1Jo 4:8,16. Where God is to be seen as he is, and face to face, there charity is in its greatest height; there only will it be perfected.
                        1 Corinthians 13:12 Commentaries
                        You did not answer my two questions. Are you denying the Trinity explanation of the Godhead? And what was your point? Not some else's commentary on what is apparently irrelevant to the topic.
                        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

                        . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

                        Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Marta View Post
                          That there are truths even though you may feel that scripture has been drained of the actual verbiage. The meaning/language in the scripture and how passages may be transposed into English.



                          Scripture states for clarity, "The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law." Deuteronomy 29:29. What's hidden from us (mind and perhaps, visual) is for a reason - some things are not meant for us to know (secret things that belong to God) and when God "reveals - those wisdoms/knowledge" (as with the passage in Genesis 18, " 17Then the Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do?") it is by His will not because "we" discovered on our own. Knowledge isn't something we achieve on our own, when searching out these passages, it is something that God enlightens us or makes us aware of. I guess the passage that comes into my mind is the phrase - passage:
                          1 Corinthians 2: ,
                          . . .it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. . . .


                          God has give His believers His Holy Spirit to understand His will [Romans 8:9; 2 Corinthians 13:5; 1 John 2:27]. You did not answer my questions: Do you deny the Trinity explanation of the Godhead? And what was your point?
                          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

                          . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

                          Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                            You did not answer my two questions. Are you denying the Trinity explanation of the Godhead? And what was your point? Not some else's commentary on what is apparently irrelevant to the topic.
                            I made the point. What is relevant and what's not. What are the most important points coming out from the scripture - creation? or salvation? God created at the moment that Adam and Eve sinned a way to return back to him through Christ - Christ was in the foreshadows. The another comments are about what is revealed to us (but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever - salvation) and what's not revealed (The secret things belong to the LORD our God). What is the bible for? Is it to understand the immutability (unchangeable) relating this back to the beginning of creation? or is the bible a "historical" marker for salvation through the beginning of time, John 1, "From his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. 17 The law indeed was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father’s heart, who has made him known (John 17 - "3 And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent)"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                              [box]1 Corinthians 2: ,

                              God has give His believers His Holy Spirit to understand His will [Romans 8:9; 2 Corinthians 13:5; 1 John 2:27]. You did not answer my questions: Do you deny the Trinity explanation of the Godhead? And what was your point?

                              Where was it written of any denial to anything? I didn't! Again, you said:

                              - and I quote, "The godhead, tritheism denies one God, unitarianism denies the deity of Christ, Arianism denies the deity of Christ, Modalism denies the Persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All of those things being denied can be shown to be taught in the Bible.

                              This needs to be said: Error is the denial of truth. All groups making claims to be Christian make some kind of claims to the 66 books we call the Bible. But the false teachings all have in common is there teachings are always the Bible plus another authority. Not the written word of God alone. Not sola scriptura.

                              Biblical errors either adds to the word of God or denies some explicit teaching of the word of God.
                              Do you know an exception?
                              If we are to be free of errors - it is in our understanding and reading.

                              "In 1 Peter 1:3-9, Peter speaks of our salvation as that which is imperishable rather than that which is perishable. He speaks of our inheritance as imperishable (verse 4) and also our faith (verse 7). In verses 18-19, Peter speaks of the shed blood of our Lord as precious because it is imperishable. The atonement by which our salvation was accomplished was by means of an imperishable sacrifice so that our salvation is likewise imperishable. In verses 22-25, Peter goes on to speak of God’s Word as imperishable. It is this Word which served as the imperishable seed by which we were begotten. Since our birth is through an imperishable seed, not only is the Word imperishable, but also our life and our love which is born of the Word.Finally, in 1 Peter 5:4, Peter speaks to elders of their imperishable reward, the “unfading crown of glory.” Our salvation is secure because it is imperishable. Thus our salvation, like God, is immutable." 12. The Immutability of God

                              I going in the same direction with this article.......
                              Last edited by Marta; 04-27-2017, 02:33 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Marta View Post
                                Where was it written of any denial to anything? I didn't! Again, you said:

                                and I quote, "The godhead, tritheism denies one God, unitarianism denies the deity of Christ, Arianism denies the deity of Christ, Modalism denies the Persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All of those things being denied can be shown to be taught in the Bible.

                                This needs to be said: Error is the denial of truth. All groups making claims to be Christian make some kind of claims to the 66 books we call the Bible. But the false teachings all have in common is there teachings are always the Bible plus another authority. Not the written word of God alone. Not sola scriptura.

                                Biblical errors either adds to the word of God or denies some explicit teaching of the word of God.
                                Do you know an exception?
                                If we are to be free of errors - it is in our understanding and reading.

                                "In 1 Peter 1:3-9, Peter speaks of our salvation as that which is imperishable rather than that which is perishable. He speaks of our inheritance as imperishable (verse 4) and also our faith (verse 7). In verses 18-19, Peter speaks of the shed blood of our Lord as precious because it is imperishable. The atonement by which our salvation was accomplished was by means of an imperishable sacrifice so that our salvation is likewise imperishable. In verses 22-25, Peter goes on to speak of God’s Word as imperishable. It is this Word which served as the imperishable seed by which we were begotten. Since our birth is through an imperishable seed, not only is the Word imperishable, but also our life and our love which is born of the Word.Finally, in 1 Peter 5:4, Peter speaks to elders of their imperishable reward, the “unfading crown of glory.” Our salvation is secure because it is imperishable. Thus our salvation, like God, is immutable." 12. The Immutability of God

                                <snip>...
                                "My" two questions to you were because I am not understanding the point in your comments with regard to the Godhead and sola scriptura.
                                . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

                                . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

                                Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Larry Serflaten, 02-02-2024, 04:25 AM
                                1 response
                                20 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tabibito  
                                Started by tabibito, 01-31-2024, 06:29 AM
                                18 responses
                                78 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tabibito  
                                Started by Larry Serflaten, 01-28-2024, 09:31 AM
                                15 responses
                                79 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tabibito  
                                Started by Larry Serflaten, 01-25-2024, 10:30 AM
                                358 responses
                                1,534 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Working...
                                X