Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What the gospel truly says of salvation....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Special? Spiritual?
    Yes!

In any case the instructions for joining the new covenant are crystal clear.
    Well, not to SOME folks...

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Cuz he's WAY more speerchul than you.
    Special? Spiritual? In any case the instructions for joining the new covenant are crystal clear.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    If human will has nothing at all to do with salvation, then why are you telling us this stuff? If we can't do anything at all, then why bother?
    Cuz he's WAY more speerchul than you.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by FarEastBird View Post
    The "remnant" was the main subject of Rom 11:11-5. The remnant were saved while they are in the state of "unbelief."
    No!! The remnant are saved because of their belief.

Rom 11
    4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
    5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

This implies that salvation has nothing to do with the will of man.
    No it doesn't. Those who were "remnant" in Elijah's time were those who had not bowed to Ba'al by their will.

But the gospel that the lost christians promote is that "one has to believe to be saved"; which is relying in one's will.

Romans 10:9

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

It's in the recipe, birdie.

In reality, what the apostles had come to understand and believed from Christ were never believed by OT people,
    Load of crap alert!!

Hebrews 11
    1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
    2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

yet God saved some of these OT People. So the doctrine that "one has to believe to be save" is a sign of misunderstanding the truth of the Gospel.
    Then Hebrews 11 must not exist in your bible.

The salvation of God is totally God's work, and it is God who makes the being of every elect to become holy. This explains why, regardless the OT people were ignorant of the Truth that Christ revealed, but because of God's purpose in Christ, they are elect. Whatever the lacking knowledge that the OT people lack will also be given to them, because it is God himself who will make them to know Him.
    Hebrews 11
    7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

The only knowledge they lacked was the knowledge of Jesus Christ dying as a sacrifice for their sins. They lived and died by faith in God, and when Christ rose, their faith was rewarded with eternal life with Him

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    The "remnant" was the main subject of Rom 11:11-5. The remnant were saved while they are in the state of "unbelief." This implies that salvation has nothing to do with the will of man. But the gospel that the lost christians promote is that "one has to believe to be saved"; which is relying in one's will.

In reality, what the apostles had come to understand and believed from Christ were never believed by OT people, yet God saved some of these OT People. So the doctrine that "one has to believe to be save" is a sign of misunderstanding the truth of the Gospel. The salvation of God is totally God's work, and it is God who makes the being of every elect to become holy. This explains why, regardless the OT people were ignorant of the Truth that Christ revealed, but because of God's purpose in Christ, they are elect. Whatever the lacking knowledge that the OT people lack will also be given to them, because it is God himself who will make them to know Him.
    If human will has nothing at all to do with salvation, then why are you telling us this stuff? If we can't do anything at all, then why bother?

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    And YOU have to note what Paul says about God ALWAYS keeping a remnant of Israel to Himself. You err and do not know the scriptures. See Romans 9
    The "remnant" was the main subject of Rom 11:11-5. The remnant were saved while they are in the state of "unbelief." This implies that salvation has nothing to do with the will of man. But the gospel that the lost christians promote is that "one has to believe to be saved"; which is relying in one's will.

In reality, what the apostles had come to understand and believed from Christ were never believed by OT people, yet God saved some of these OT People. So the doctrine that "one has to believe to be save" is a sign of misunderstanding the truth of the Gospel. The salvation of God is totally God's work, and it is God who makes the being of every elect to become holy. This explains why, regardless the OT people were ignorant of the Truth that Christ revealed, but because of God's purpose in Christ, they are elect. Whatever the lacking knowledge that the OT people lack will also be given to them, because it is God himself who will make them to know Him.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    You have to note that the prophecy of blindness was "of Israel", not "SOME of Israel"
    And YOU have to note what Paul says about God ALWAYS keeping a remnant of Israel to Himself. You err and do not know the scriptures. See Romans 9

27 Isaiah cries out concerning Israel:
    “Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea,
    only the remnant will be saved.

Try to discern what Paul was saying in Romans 11:1-5.

I know what Paul is saying. And I know the context. Your salad bar approach can't account for the remnant of Romans 9

In the fall would only happen to some, then it would not make sense why would salvation come to the Gentiles.
    Rubbish! It was God's plan all along to include the Gentiles in the house of faith. The promise of redemption was made to the offspring of Adam and Eve.

God's promise was that salvation would only belong to the Jews; read what Christ said in John 4:22.
    Nope. He said that it would come FROM the Jews, meaning Jesus was a Jew. And as the inheritor of the promise of the firstborn due to Esau's selling it, the Jews would receive first rights to salvation before the Gentiles would be allowed.

Romans 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

If the Jews would not fall, God will become unjust for saving the Gentiles. The fall of the Jews is the reason why God's election is by grace.
    No. It has always been by grace that we are saved through faith. See Hebrews 11.

Obviously, you are not aware of the truth that is being demonstrated in the gospel.
    I am fully aware. It's you who is out in left field.

One aim of the gospel is to reveal the righteousness of God; through His works(Rom 1:17, 20).
    And that has nothing to do with the entire Jewish race apostatizing.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Google translate? Because that would explain a lot...
    Interesting!

Years ago, our Mexican Missionary -- a young lady -- came to visit, and at THAT time, my Spanish wasn't so good and her English wasn't so good, so we used my laptop computer with a translation program -- long before Google Translate -- and each typed, then translated... for the MOST part it worked pretty well, until she started telling me that her Potato was very ill ---- we figured out the program was translating "papa" as "potato" instead of "father".

But the REAL hilarity came when she was trying to express the joy in her heart, and the program translated it "happy in my groin".

We worked it out, but it made for some very interesting conversations.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    I honestly think FEB has a problem with English, but when I asked him that question very politely, I don't think he understood.
    Google translate? Because that would explain a lot...

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    No need. Except for those who are being unreasonable, I am confident you can't deceive with your answer.
    I'm confident you're about a dozen puppies short of a pet shop.

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    Yours. Ya gonna threaten me again?
    No need. Except for those who are being unreasonable, I am confident you can't deceive with your answer.

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    I am sorry, you are not able to read English???
    Maybe try to explain to me this your words:

"Our gospel does not work, but reveals the work of Jesus Christ.

1). Do you mean that the gospel, which you say reveals the work of Jesus Christ, does not work?

or,

2). The gospel, which is the work of Jesus Christ, does not work, unless you believe it?

I preferred to take 2), but when I asked you about the cults who believed your gospel, their belief of your gospel failed, or perhaps your requirement was incomplete and not effective.

Or, if you want to explain to me how your gospel works in other ways/terms, please do so.

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    That was fulfilled with Christ's ministry. Their ultimate apostasy was them rejecting their savior.
    You have to note that the prophecy of blindness was "of Israel", not "SOME of Israel"

Try to discern what Paul was saying in Romans 11:1-5.

In the fall would only happen to some, then it would not make sense why would salvation come to the Gentiles. God's promise was that salvation would only belong to the Jews; read what Christ said in John 4:22. If the Jews would not fall, God will become unjust for saving the Gentiles. The fall of the Jews is the reason why God's election is by grace.

Obviously, you are not aware of the truth that is being demonstrated in the gospel. One aim of the gospel is to reveal the righteousness of God; through His works(Rom 1:17, 20).

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    I honestly think FEB has a problem with English, but when I asked him that question very politely, I don't think he understood.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Why would anyone believe your gospel that does not work?

If I will believe it will not work, then it will work?

Leave a comment: