Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What the gospel truly says of salvation....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Perhaps I should stop giving calcium carbonate spheres to members of Sus scrofa domesticus?
    Arrrggg.

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    Why do you think logical fallacies are sinful? Stop being legalistic! And a hyper calvinist...
    Anything that is not of faith is sin.......

If your faith is in error, then you are not under faith, so then you are under sin. Not until we come to the knowledge of truth, we are under sin. Of course you would not understand this through your gospel.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Why do you think logical fallacies are sinful? Stop being legalistic! And a hyper calvinist...

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    You can be saved and still commit logical fallacies. We aren't perfect. Last time I checked, logical fallacies weren't sinful.

So then you have no understanding of the mystery of sin. And you are wallowing on your blindness.

The salvation of Christ is to cleanse us from ALL sin. With what you are saying, you will never understand what John wrote:

1John 3:8-10
    8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    If you were blind, a seeing eye dog could help you avoid the ditch.

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    So, why does your belief matter to me? If your right, I can't do anything about it.
    I can give you many good answers, but you have to understand that your objection shows your character in bad light. You are focusing much on your objection without trying to understand of the consequences in your objection.

I objected to God the same thing, and the broad answer that was given me is that without confirming the truth of my belief, I would be likened to a blind hoping that i would not fall in the ditch. Even granted that we are in the hands of God, would you like to remain blind? I guess you would say no.

Knowledge of Godhead is crucial part in salvation. The knowledge of the Godhead would lead us to understand how the "kingdom of God" is like. We cannot attain peace and joy without our eyes being truly opened to the knowledge of truth.

This present world will lead us to understand the depths of God's grace.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by FarEastBird View Post
    I, myself, have struggled the same with your objections. I love my family and friends; and I thought that if I can sacrifice myself for them I will do so. Unfortunately, I found myself unworthy in spite that I am willing to give my life. My willingness is not enough to see myself good, nor my goodness is not enough even to see myself desirable unto God. In the end, I had come to see my unworthiness due to the reality of my being as mere dust. I can easily fall into deceptions, and self pride; not to mention that I can't even sort the depths of evil and goodness. Even the good that I willed to do sometimes end into evil conclusion/scenario. I have seen the limits of knowledge and understanding, and I have seen why it is not enough. I found myself unable to save myself, so in what way I could lead others to be saved? If it is not solely of God's grace, I would not have realized my foolishness. I came to understand that we may experience the same thing, and to be taught of the same thing, but to come into the same conclusion is not within our hands. As the Bible said: A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

I wondered why people believe in logical fallacies. I came to understand that they are not evil people-- as what I thought in error-- they are simply not elect.

If one reads your objections, he can easily spot the problem that it is contradicting the salvation through grace that we both believe. I have no special knowledge why I know you are contradicting grace, and I am not puzzled why you contradict grace. Perhaps, you really need to understand the true nature of man. Books are up there to read, but the most important thing is you experience it. Even atheists have good reasons in presenting the selfishness/evilness of human beings. Don't be like others who claim to be unworthy, believing in the bible without truly understanding it; because by heart they do not accept it. Else, you would cling to the same objections that you posit against me. It is in God's grace for you to come to realize your errors, no amount of reasoning will do.

And finally, if you come to understand the truth of human nature, then will you come to understand why prophecies serves as proof of Godhead.
    You can be saved and still commit logical fallacies. We aren't perfect. Last time I checked, logical fallacies weren't sinful.

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    If it has nothing to do with us, then why are you even talking about it? We're just characters in a story that can only become good guys if the writer wishes apparently. So, what's the point? I can't do anything about it.
    I, myself, have struggled the same with your objections. I love my family and friends; and I thought that if I can sacrifice myself for them I will do so. Unfortunately, I found myself unworthy in spite that I am willing to give my life. My willingness is not enough to see myself good, nor my goodness is not enough even to see myself desirable unto God. In the end, I had come to see my unworthiness due to the reality of my being as mere dust. I can easily fall into deceptions, and self pride; not to mention that I can't even sort the depths of evil and goodness. Even the good that I willed to do sometimes end into evil conclusion/scenario. I have seen the limits of knowledge and understanding, and I have seen why it is not enough. I found myself unable to save myself, so in what way I could lead others to be saved? If it is not solely of God's grace, I would not have realized my foolishness. I came to understand that we may experience the same thing, and to be taught of the same thing, but to come into the same conclusion is not within our hands. As the Bible said: A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

I wondered why people believe in logical fallacies. I came to understand that they are not evil people-- as what I thought in error-- they are simply not elect.

If one reads your objections, he can easily spot the problem that it is contradicting the salvation through grace that we both believe. I have no special knowledge why I know you are contradicting grace, and I am not puzzled why you contradict grace. Perhaps, you really need to understand the true nature of man. Books are up there to read, but the most important thing is you experience it. Even atheists have good reasons in presenting the selfishness/evilness of human beings. Don't be like others who claim to be unworthy, believing in the bible without truly understanding it; because by heart they do not accept it. Else, you would cling to the same objections that you posit against me. It is in God's grace for you to come to realize your errors, no amount of reasoning will do.

And finally, if you come to understand the truth of human nature, then will you come to understand why prophecies serves as proof of Godhead.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    So, why does your belief matter to me? If your right, I can't do anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    That's what all the cults claim. They all think that the TrueChristianChurchtm fell away in the first century and they were awesome enough to have the truth.
    Though cults claim such, it is not the very reason why they are cults. You have to look at their beliefs and practices.

Now, it is a practice of cults to teach their adherents to judge without getting to the truth, such as saying:

"That's what all the cults claim. They all think that the TrueChristianChurchtm fell away in the first century and they were awesome enough to have the truth."

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    "Salvation through Grace" has nothing to do with man's will, nor of man's worthiness. And I do not ever think of any self advantage to anyone. It actually frustrates me why would you see me as someone bragging something.

Look, if you do not understand me, then there is no reason for you to accuse me that I am thinking I am somebody else. To be honest, rather, I see you as the one who thinks you are special. You want yourself as the standard, and become judge that anything you do not understand as false. Perhaps, try to understand me first, and then point to me where you thought I am making myself more important than others.
    If it has nothing to do with us, then why are you even talking about it? We're just characters in a story that can only become good guys if the writer wishes apparently. So, what's the point? I can't do anything about it. Do you not realize that God has saved me?

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    What makes you so more important that the rest of us puny humans?

"Salvation through Grace" has nothing to do with man's will, nor of man's worthiness. And I do not ever think of any self advantage to anyone. It actually frustrates me why would you see me as someone bragging something.

Look, if you do not understand me, then there is no reason for you to accuse me that I am thinking I am somebody else. To be honest, rather, I see you as the one who thinks you are special. You want yourself as the standard, and become judge that anything you do not understand as false. Perhaps, try to understand me first, and then point to me where you thought I am making myself more important than others.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    God demonstrated the godhead through the things that are made (Rom 1:20). And you can notice how apostle Paul uses the history of Israel to explain doctrines. Note itself the circumcision of Abraham. And in Christ, note how the baptism is explained through Christ's death and resurrection. But this knowledge and understanding was lost in the proceeding centuries; and it thus conclude the falling away and blindness of Israel. You have not heard about this you call 'esoteric prophecies' because the church had fallen into blindness. Have you heard anyone explain baptism as likened to the death and resurrection of Christ? I would doubt you ever did. Maybe some have tried, but I'll say that no one can explain that mystery of baptism through those foolish gospels that I heard.
    That's what all the cults claim. They all think that the TrueChristianChurchtm fell away in the first century and they were awesome enough to have the truth.

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    The emphasis on esoteric prophecies is so fringe that I haven't even heard of it before.
    God demonstrated the godhead through the things that are made (Rom 1:20). And you can notice how apostle Paul uses the history of Israel to explain doctrines. Note itself the circumcision of Abraham. And in Christ, note how the baptism is explained through Christ's death and resurrection. But this knowledge and understanding was lost in the proceeding centuries; and it thus conclude the falling away and blindness of Israel. You have not heard about this you call 'esoteric prophecies' because the church had fallen into blindness. Have you heard anyone explain baptism as likened to the death and resurrection of Christ? I would doubt you ever did. Maybe some have tried, but I'll say that no one can explain that mystery of baptism through those foolish gospels that I heard.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Perhaps I should stop giving calcium carbonate spheres to members of Sus scrofa domesticus?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X