Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"Falling Away" and the Gentiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why should I believe you? You aren't Jesus. Or Paul, or one of the prophets. I haven't questioned your salvation, but you are implicitly questioning mine, which is not agood sign...
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Why should I believe you? You aren't Jesus. Or Paul, or one of the prophets.
      I am not preaching myself, the word of God is what I preach. Let us discuss the Word.

I haven't questioned your salvation, but you are implicitly questioning mine, which is not agood sign...
      You don't want your salvation examined...that is not good. You seem not interested of seeking the truth.

How could one who ought to preach of the hope of salvation, would not want his salvation examined?

Quite honestly, you impress me as if you are a learned person, but you are failing on elementary things.

I counsel you to learn from God, not submitting to people simply because they are scholars.
      ...WISDOM giveth life to them that have it. (Ecclesiastes 7:12)
      ...the ISLES shall wait for his law (Isaiah 42:4)
      https://philippinesinprophecies.wordpress.com/

Comment

My salvation is secure in Jesus. He rose from the dead and is Wisdom incarnate. I'm not the one claiming something that has never been taught as orthodox doctrine.

Comment

My salvation is secure in Jesus. He rose from the dead and is Wisdom incarnate. I'm not the one claiming something that has never been taught as orthodox doctrine.
          I guess we will not get anywhere without discussing the OP.

There was an apostasy that happened, and Israel was blinded. It was the reason why Christ said not to believe "ANY" man. So simple to understand.

Now of whom did you get/receive your knowledge of the gospel?

Comment

Why should I believe you? You're a human too.

Comment

Why should I believe you? You're a human too.
              Indeed, I'm also a human. The prophesy lay unto us those who will be in authority. (Deut 18:18-22) Anyone, or church, who spoke of prophecies and failed, they are surely not of God.

Specially of these days, there are a lot of so called scholars who differ in their interpretations, and it is hard for common men to search them out. The prophecies, somehow, gives us a help on who to follow in spite we may lack deeper knowledge of the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by FarEastBird View Post
                Indeed, I'm also a human. The prophesy lay unto us those who will be in authority. (Deut 18:18-22) Anyone, or church, who spoke of prophecies and failed, they are surely not of God.

Specially of these days, there are a lot of so called scholars who differ in their interpretations, and it is hard for common men to search them out. The prophecies, somehow, gives us a help on who to follow in spite we may lack deeper knowledge of the truth.
                And you aren't in authority. Jesus is the authority, due to Him being God incarnate. Fully God and fully man. I'll listen to him. Not to some mere mortal!

Comment

Seriously. The inmates at Arkham Asylum are starting to look sane...

Comment

Hah! Your threads got moved!

Comment

And you aren't in authority. Jesus is the authority, due to Him being God incarnate. Fully God and fully man. I'll listen to him. Not to some mere mortal!
                      Jesus sends men to the people (John 13:20, Luke 10:16, Matt 10:40-41).

The prophesies tells us the events to come.

Comment

Sure they do. That the dead will be brought back to life and Christians will live forever in a utopian New Universe. Spoiler: God wins.

Comment

Sure they do. That the dead will be brought back to life and Christians will live forever in a utopian New Universe. Spoiler: God wins.
                          Why ignore the OP?

It seems you just want to believe what you want to believe.

Comment

Why ignore the OP?

It seems you just want to believe what you want to believe.
                            You want to believe what you want to believe. I believe in the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I.e Jesus of Nazareth.

Comment

You want to believe what you want to believe. I believe in the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I.e Jesus of Nazareth.
                              i prayed for a good conversation, but i guess it's time for me to go. remember what Jesus really taught us...bye.

Comment

i prayed for a good conversation, but i guess it's time for me to go. remember what Jesus really taught us...bye.
                                Awww. I was beginning to have fun. You weren't going to give a good conversation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X