Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Rapture, Millineum, & the 3 last Jewish Feasts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapture, Millineum, & the 3 last Jewish Feasts.

As far as I understand, as many also believe, that the 3 last Jewish feast refers of Christ's Second coming of Christ; as the first 4 feast refers to the first coming of Christ. How do the rapture and millineum fits to the last three feasts according to your belief?
    ...WISDOM giveth life to them that have it. (Ecclesiastes 7:12)
    ...the ISLES shall wait for his law (Isaiah 42:4)
    https://philippinesinprophecies.wordpress.com/

I'm a panmillenial.... I believe it will all pan out in the end.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I'm a panmillenial.... I believe it will all pan out in the end.
      Let's see:

I am definitely not a premillennialist.

I am definitely not a postmillennialist.

I am almost an amillennialist, but not quite completely.

So, count me also as a panmillennialist.

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
        Let's see:

Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
          Let's see:

That's more or less where I am at this point in time. It's not a subject that really interests me as much as others.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            That's more or less where I am at this point in time. It's not a subject that really interests me as much as others.
            Well, there are false prophets around us, and are becoming powerful in persuading many into false hopes. Sad to learn you have no interest on these things.

Comment

Originally posted by FarEastBird View Post
              Well, there are false prophets around us, and are becoming powerful in persuading many into false hopes. Sad to learn you have no interest on these things.
              I'm really thinking English must not be your first language. He didn't say he has "no interest" in these things --- he said it doesn't interest him as much as others.

Sprechen Sie Deutsch, perhaps?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I just have a hard time seeing how speculating over the specifics of a future event where either way, we know Jesus wins, makes me a better disciple here.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'm really thinking English must not be your first language. He didn't say he has "no interest" in these things --- he said it doesn't interest him as much as others.

Sprechen Sie Deutsch, perhaps?
                  You're right, Cow poke. But the way I receive it would meant "no interest." It is because of how I relate the problem of false prophets.

Comment

You're right, Cow poke. But the way I receive it would meant "no interest." It is because of how I relate the problem of false prophets.
                    I'm with KG on this one, FEB....

I just have a hard time seeing how speculating over the specifics of a future event where either way, we know Jesus wins, makes me a better disciple here.
                    I have way too many concerns, including hurting people, lost people who need to be saved, saved people who need to be discipled, and currently a homeless family who needs work and a place to live --- like KG, this is simply not as important to me as those things and other things.

It doesn't mean I'm not interested, and so far, it doesn't appear anybody else is either.

Comment

Let me put it this way:

If you received a false prophet in your flock, you are responsible for bringing in a false prophet in the flock.
                      If you deny a prophet, you denied whom God sent.
                      If you do not heed of the dangers of false prophets, then you do not heed to warn the people you are discipling.

Actually, the sign of a true disciple is having knowledge of prophesies, I do not meant having knowledge of ALL prophesies.

Comment

Let me put it this way:

If you received a false prophet in your flock, you are responsible for bringing in a false prophet in the flock.
                        Absolutely, but I don't have to be an expert in Jewish Feasts as they relate to eschatology to do that.

If you deny a prophet, you denied whom God sent.
                        If you do not heed of the dangers of false prophets, then you do not heed to warn the people you are discipling.
                        Which is why I stick to Christ crucified, buried and risen again, and how to walk in the Spirit -- things like justification, sanctification, adoption, glorification...

Actually, the sign of a true disciple is having knowledge of prophesies,
                        meh.... let's see you try to back that up with scripture. ESPECIALLY the part about distant eschatology.

I do not meant having knowledge of ALL prophesies.
                        Ok, so give me the list of ones that a disciple must know in order to be a "true disciple", and the scriptures that support this notion.

Comment

I am with Cow Poke. Christ preached caring for your neighbors, and believing in him for the forgiveness of sins. He never said you had to know anything about the feasts and prophesies regarding his coming back, other than to be always prepared.

My view is that is it far more likely that I will go to Jesus rather than have Jesus come to me in the second coming. We all will meet our Lord soon enough. For most of us, it is when we die. And that's good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I am with Cow Poke. Christ preached caring for your neighbors, and believing in him for the forgiveness of sins. He never said you had to know anything about the feasts and prophesies regarding his coming back, other than to be always prepared.

My view is that is it far more likely that I will go to Jesus rather than have Jesus come to me in the second coming. We all will meet our Lord soon enough. For most of us, it is when we die. And that's good enough for me.
                            yeah

Comment

yeah
                              I have found that most of the false teachers and prophets are those that try to impose their own arbitrary interpretations and ideas upon others and insist that is the only true view, and way to be a true disciple. Just like FEB is doing here.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X