Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Chiefsinners Subduing Creation derail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    We ain't docetists. But you can't make the mistake of denying Christ being divine. Jesus is fully God and fully man.
    It's true that He is fully God, but He emptied Himself:

Phillipians 2:7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Do you consider yourself to be a prophet?
    Is sharing a new teaching being a prophet? What do you think is happening here:

1 Corinthians 14:26What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a psalm or a teaching, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. All of these must be done to build up the church.

Did the RCC accuse Luther of being a prophet? Actually, I'm only building on what the NPP believes: faith means loyalty, not just mental assent, needs to be proved, not just remain lip service. For which the NPP is being blamed for teaching a new teaching. The problem is, we are not bringing new revelation, writing new Scripture. We are bringing back the original understanding of the first church.

Look at what Tercel says about how Josephus uses the word, pistis, believe:

In his autobiography, Jospehus describes a time when he was the leader of a small army, and another group had tried to kill him. Josephus captures the enemy leader and says to him “repent and have faith in me hereafter” (Life 110). What Josephus clearly means by this is “become part of my army, and obey my commands.”

https://theogeek.blogspot.com/2005/0..._sbfeGwQjI&m=1

He thinks he knows more than I do....
    Is this a kind of contest like the Scripps National Spelling Bee or the International Math Olympiad? Or y'all into seed spitting? What title are you holding?

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefsinner View Post
      Is sharing a new teaching being a prophet?
      Why does it seem impossible for you to answer a simple question?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We ain't docetists. But you can't make the mistake of denying Christ being divine. Jesus is fully God and fully man.
        Why does it seem impossible for you to answer a simple question?
        Prophets bring new revelation, contribute to the Word of God, write Scripture, so no, I don't consider myself a prophet.

Why don't you try to find a hole in the reasoning that was presented? If Jesus did not empty Himself, how did He learn obedience through suffering?

Comment

Prophets bring new revelation, contribute to the Word of God, write Scripture, so no, I don't consider myself a prophet.
          Thanks for finally answering the question.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually, the controversy is whether there were other writers other than the 12, who are Apostles (capital A) writers of the NT, together contributing to Scripture, like the Prophets contributed to the OT:

https://www.waynegrudem.com/wp-conte...-Prophesy3.pdf

Ephesians 2:19So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household, 20having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, 22in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

If we don't build with precious material, the teaching of the Apostles and the Prophets, our sharing will be burnt up, but unlike the OT prophets (non capital P) we won't be stoned to death, but live, only as through flames!
            Last edited by footwasher; 08-30-2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Luke and Mark were not among the Twelve. There is no controversy. And that has nothing to do with the question.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

But, then again, you deleted the answer. Got something to hide?

Comment

So, I ask gain....

Please try really hard just to give a straight answer, OK?

Comment

Considering that his username derives from the Apostle Paul referring to himself as "the chief of sinners"? Nah, he might just really like Paul's writings. Too bad he can't write as good as him. Oh, where did the idea that Adam would be able to walk off a cliff with no problem come from? Being a Christian does not mean one is immune to life's problems. Especially not death. Either Christ returns before you die, or you go to be with Him when you die.

Comment

But, then again, you deleted the answer. Got something to hide?
                      Strange. The posts get deleted when I edit with a smart phone. I think the mapping of the hot links gets messed up. IOW, the delete button gets pressed when I press save changes.

Comment

Strange. The posts get deleted when I edit with a smart phone. I think the mapping of the hot links gets messed up. IOW, the delete button gets pressed when I press save changes.
                        OK, so how bout taking another stab at it?

Do you consider yourself to be a prophet? It seems like you're trying to find a way to say no, but allow yourself enough wiggle room to think you are, indeed, a prophet.

Comment

I had a post get deleted on this thread that I had posted via smartphone also. Must be a bug....

Comment

I had a post get deleted on this thread that I had posted via smartphone also. Must be a bug....
                            You're saying smartphones aren't always so smart?

Comment

You're saying smartphones aren't always so smart?
                              It's a device trying to be a phone, computer, camera, GPS, gaming system, and whatever other apps you have at the same time. And this site is buggy on the phone.

Comment

So, I ask gain....

Please try really hard just to give a straight answer, OK?
                                Wayne Grudem says the NT prophets were not all Apostles, those who wrote Scripture. They just shared what they thought Scripture meant, interpreted. Aren't we all doing this? That's why we should not avoid the gathering of saints, like we gather in TWeb. We need the checks and balances of being corrected by each other through supporting Scripture. Is God's Word not like fire, a hammer that breaks even rocks? Jeremiah 23:29.

Comment