Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Confess Your Sins: To PLANTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jack Hemp - he was a professional ball player both in the US and Canada who served as Housing Secretary under Bush!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39777[/ATTACH]
    So we confess to him? But he is dead. This is getting confusing!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Wasn't Hemp one of the three stooges?

Jack Hemp - he was a professional ball player both in the US and Canada who served as Housing Secretary under Bush!

220px-Jack_Kemp_official_portrait.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    But not hemp!!!!

(My wife works in Soil & Crop Sciences at Texas A&M (for one more day) and she keeps getting inundated with calls from people who want to get into the hemp growing business in Texas)
    Wasn't Hemp one of the three stooges?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Or pot!
    But not hemp!!!!

(My wife works in Soil & Crop Sciences at Texas A&M (for one more day) and she keeps getting inundated with calls from people who want to get into the hemp growing business in Texas)

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Yeah, or marijuana!!!

Or pot!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    It would make more sense if it were a cannabis plant because that might help explain why somebody thought this was a good idea...
    Yeah, or marijuana!!!

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    It would make more sense if it were a cannabis plant because that might help explain why somebody thought this was a good idea...

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    You didn't include tomatoes in that lot.
    Only raw tomatoes. Cooked or in sauces and salsa, they are tolerable. Therefore they get a pass once they have been baptized in fire.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    One of our local salad buffets has walnuts and cranberries on their salad bar.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Beets...
    You are of the devil and I condemn you to hell, along with turnips and cilantro. Die! Die, you evil herbs and roots!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    well they claim to be rooted in Christianity ["Grounded in the Christian tradition and responsive to the needs of God’s creation, a Union education prepares its students for committed lives of service to the church, academy, and society."]

but on their website this is part of their infographic:

ScreenHunter_.jpg

https://utsnyc.edu/about/glance/

Clearly mentions paganism, muslim, hindu, etc.

"Theologically bankrupt" is putting it mildly. They are actively corrupting young minds under the guise of a Christian Seminary with paganism and heresy.

They are the ones Jesus is talking about:
    Matthew 18:6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Dear Salad,
    I confess that I think you are mostly just food that my food eats, but once in a while I like you as long as I can drown you in salad dressing. And covered with bacon. Then you are tolerable. Amen.
    And shredded cheese. And bacon.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Beets...
    You are of the devil and I condemn you to hell, along with turnips and cilantro. Die! Die, you evil herbs and roots!

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Dear Salad,
    I confess that I think you are mostly just food that my food eats, but once in a while I like you as long as I can drown you in salad dressing. And covered with bacon. Then you are tolerable. Amen.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    It's a combination - confessing, blessing, ingesting.
    So they have their own vegetable god and communion sacrament. At a so called Christian College!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X