Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

7 archangels, 7 virtues, 7 octaves, primary colors, 22 verses referring to 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 archangels, 7 virtues, 7 octaves, primary colors, 22 verses referring to 7

22 Bible verses about Seven Times

bible.knowing-jesus.com bible.knowing-jesus.com

Old and New Testament

Matthew 18:22
    Verse Concepts
    Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

Luke 17:4
    Verse Concepts
    "And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' forgive him."

Proverbs 24:16
    Verse Concepts
    For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises again, But the wicked stumble in time of calamity.

Genesis 33:3
    Verse Concepts
    But he himself passed on ahead of them and bowed down to the ground seven times, until he came near to his brother.

Joshua 6:4
    Verse Concepts
    "Also seven priests shall carry seven trumpets of rams' horns before the ark; then on the seventh day you shall march around the city seven times, and the priests shall blow the trumpets.

Joshua 6:15
    Verse Concepts
    Then on the seventh day they rose early at the dawning of the day and marched around the city in the same manner seven times; only on that day they marched around the city seven times.

Originally posted by JohnHermes View Post
    22 Bible verses about Seven Times

bible.knowing-jesus.com bible.knowing-jesus.com

Old and New Testament
    Moderated By: ke7ejx

You can't start a thread and argue with weblinks and blocks of quoted text. If you want to start a topic, it needs to include your own thoughts

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Moderated By: ke7ejx

I misunderstood the rule concerning weblink/block quotes. If it's the OP, it is permissible. Please accept my apologies.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
      Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

I keep singing the song "Seven spanish angels"..... thanks, Willie

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No worries @ke7ejx I should add more original input regardless. It was a bit vague. Next time. Great Duo, Willy & Ray.
          Last edited by JohnHermes; 03-27-2019, 09:38 PM.

Comment

7 seems to be a symbolic number referring to perfection in the bible and represents God and his works - Seven days of creation, etc. 6 is imperfection (the number of man, the number of the beast)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              7 seems to be a symbolic number referring to perfection in the bible and represents God and his works - Seven days of creation, etc. 6 is imperfection (the number of man, the number of the beast)
              Six is not just imperfection, but counterfeit 'perfection'
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Six is not just imperfection, but counterfeit 'perfection'
                Yeah. And 5 is just way short. And don't get me started on 4. But 3 is good again. Trinity and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Yeah. And 5 is just way short. And don't get me started on 4. But 3 is good again. Trinity and all that.
                  And one is the loneliest number that could ever be

Comment

Yet Two can be as bad as one. It's the loneliest number since the number one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Yet Two can be as bad as one. It's the loneliest number since the number one.
                      "" is the dest experience you'll ever know

Comment

"" is the dest experience you'll ever know
                        , it's the dest experience you'll ever know

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Counterfeit as in a fabrication of reality? I believe that be somewhat the case of living in his physical matter compared to metaphysical. I found this image online.

5 seen in michelangelo's painting.

Comment

Counterfeit in that Satan is always trying to "be God" but falls pitifully short.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnHermes View Post
                              Counterfeit as in a fabrication of reality? I believe that be somewhat the case of living in his physical matter compared to metaphysical. I found this image online.

5 seen in michelangelo's painting.

That's some pretty loony graphics ya got there.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X