Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The simplicity of the Gospel and it's consequences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FarEastBird
    replied
    Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    I think we managed to link to his blogs, where he states he believes he is the Holy Spirit. That said, he is allowed to post here as a theist I think.
    Guys, I do not claim to be the Holy Spirit. Nowhere did I claim such. I just kept silent to see what kind of people I am interacting with. It is interesting how people will believe on vain imagination against others just to assume they have advantage against others.

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    Thanks for answering my question.

I have two more:

1. Are you a member of the INC (Iglesia ni Cristo)?
    No.

2. If you do not believe in the Trinity then why did you post in the "Christian" section of this forum (Post #7)?
    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ruit-Bad-Fruit
    Christianity 201 Guidelines are here:
    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/announcement.php?f=45
    What I thought was, they do so before, I believe, that TWeb allows others to post as long as they behave with consideration. But I guess I have to post only on Unorthodox Christian forum? How about here on Theology 201?

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    I think we managed to link to his blogs, where he states he believes he is the Holy Spirit. That said, he is allowed to post here as a theist I think.
    Oh, he doesn't state it outright.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Is Fareastbird the user formerly known as "INCRUS"?

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    I see. I don't mind if FEB does so here but not in the Christianity section.

Leave a comment:

• Catholicity
    replied
    FEB,

Do you believe in the Trinity?

Leave a comment:

• Obsidian
    replied
    A very long post that ultimately says almost nothing

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Originally posted by FarEastBird View Post
    I do not believe in things I do not understand.

Thanks for answering my question.

I have two more:

1. Are you a member of the INC (Iglesia ni Cristo)?
    2. If you do not believe in the Trinity then why did you post in the "Christian" section of this forum (Post #7)?
    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ruit-Bad-Fruit
    Christianity 201 Guidelines are here:
    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/announcement.php?f=45
    Last edited by foudroyant; 05-01-2014, 12:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    FareastBird,

Thanks
    I do not believe in things I do not understand.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    FareastBird,

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    Originally posted by Zxcv Bnm View Post
    Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD -- Isaiah 1:18
    As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. -- Proverbs 27:17
    It does not mean that because God, or the Bible, commands us to do things, would also meant we are able. The Bible says "Be perfect", can you then make yourself perfect? Jesus said to the woman "sin no more", would you believe that the woman is able not to sin anymore?

Jesus came to preached the gospel of salvation, yet he said that only the elect will understand. So do not be misled that because God, or the Bible tell us so, does not mean that we should be under compulsory to do it. God gave the law to Israel, but Jesus came and revealed to the apostles that those under the law are cursed, and that he, Jesus, will save us from the bondage of the law. So, watch out for the commandments which only serve to justify that the person who is under such commandments is cursed.

You can sure study the Bible as you wish with all your might, but unless God sends you, you will never understand the gospel. (Rom 10:15) If you think you can know God's mysteries by yourself, then you are making God a liar. I believe you do not intend such by heart.

I understand that there are people who are evil by heart, and would claim to understand the word of God in spite of their confusion. And you, if you have only learned from men who only learned from men, and who does not even claim to have anointing from God, your doctrines will surely lead you to hell.
    Last edited by FarEastBird; 04-30-2014, 08:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    FEB,

Leave a comment:

• Zxcv Bnm
    replied
    Originally posted by FarEastBird View Post
    So there is no point of debating.
    Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD -- Isaiah 1:18
    As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. -- Proverbs 27:17

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Knock yourself out.

Unsubscribing.
    To have knowledge of the godhead is a gift of God, thus, for me, though I am persuading every hearers, it is not about debating as if I can make anyone to understand the godhead. Paul avoided using the wisdom of words in his preaching because he, himself, said, "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." (Gal 1:11-12) Coming to understand the word of God is of about our persuasiveness, it is something that God himself will give to the elect. So there is no point of debating.

Leave a comment:

• FarEastBird
    replied
    Originally posted by RBerman View Post
    Sounds like a heap of human wisdom to me.
    The gospel plainly tell us that we cannot seek God through human wisdom (1Cor 1:21). Whatever I say would become vain to any hearer unless he comes to understand the gospel; because I merely try to echo what the gospel says. But knowledge of the gospel is God's gift. So I am not about trying to win anyone, but rather just doing my part.

If one truly believes in predestination, then he ought not to think that his own will is affecting God's election. I believe in God's predestination.

When Christ came to preach, he claimed to be the bread of life, and said other things which are surely a strange ideas for the hearers of those days. Did Christ argued about it, nor explained it? No (Mark 4:10-12). So, likewise, whatever I understand about the gospel is not something I have to contend with the hearers. If one is called, regardless how hard the speech is, he will come to know. And more, when Paul preached, he avoided to persuade with wisdom of words, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power (1Cor 1:17, 1Cor 2:4-5). Now the gospel is the demonstration of the power of God. And as I was saying in the OP, the power of God being demonstrated in the gospel is His omniscience.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X