Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Why is Universalism so unorthodox to a Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But you just did post in this thread...
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      wow 164 views and no extra posts.

Now to try for some keywords:

NSA

Spy FBI CIA Predator drone Obama citizen Nuclear bomb.
      Bacon.

I win

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Is the FBI cooler than the CIA? Rank in order of coolness: cia, nsa, fbi, police, firemen, paramedics, fictional superheros, The Doctor, More fictional organizations...

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Is the FBI cooler than the CIA? Rank in order of coolness: cia, nsa, fbi, police, firemen, paramedics, fictional superheros, The Doctor, More fictional organizations...
          from coolest to not coolest:
          The Doctor, Police, Firemen/Paramedics, Fictional superheroes, FBI, CIA, NSA.
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
            from coolest to not coolest:
            The Doctor, Police, Firemen/Paramedics, Fictional superheroes, FBI, CIA, NSA.
            You forgot the MIB.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Grow thread!!!
              I'll do my bestest to helpify

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                You forgot the MIB.
                You're Welcome!
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                  You're Welcome!
                  Always a joy to see you, sir! How's your pastor doing? (Didn't the Associate step up to the Lead position?)
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But you just did post in this thread...
                    That was just your imagination.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Anybody seen Jed? Why isn't he around when you need him.

Comment

Anybody seen Jed? Why isn't he around when you need him.
                        I thunk I saw him near a platter of delicious crispy bacon.

Comment

What would Jesus do if He were on tweb?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            I thunk I saw him near a platter of delicious crispy bacon.

"Before the War" crispy bacon?

Comment

What would Jesus do if He were on tweb?
                              Maybe he would stoop down and take his stylus and write on the iPad, then stand up and tell Mick "if you are without sin, continue throwing stones".

Comment

Always a joy to see you, sir! How's your pastor doing? (Didn't the Associate step up to the Lead position?)
                                You too!

Our Associate Pastor is still our Associate, although he has thrown his hat into the ring for Senior Pastor. We have an interim (Preaching only) Pastor while we (the Pulpit Committee) find a new pastor, and we (the Deacon Board) run the church...Our Bylaws prohibit the interim pastor from being considered for the Senior Pastor position, and makes the Board the defacto interim Sr. Pastor...hence our current situation.

Too bad you're the wrong denomination...
                                Last edited by Littlejoe; 04-15-2014, 11:03 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X