Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Why is Universalism so unorthodox to a Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I got 16 views already!!!!
    Now you are at 45 views. Is this where you talk about your thread growing?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Well, that, and the fact that she's DEAD.
      She just tells you that so you leave her alone.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

grow thread. grow!

Comment

wow 164 views and no extra posts.

Now to try for some keywords:

NSA

Spy FBI CIA Predator drone Obama citizen Nuclear bomb.

Comment

This thread is bigger than Sparky's head
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              Watch thread grow!

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                But not nearly as poopie.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Are cp and sparky vitriolic best buds or what?
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

stop insulating my parsonage, you terroist!

Comment

Look it up! It means the two of you are such good friends, you can get away with insulting each other!
                      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                        Are cp and sparky vitriolic best buds or what?
                        Just try to get in betwixt us when we's fightin.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

TVtropes has no place here. They have their place at www.tvtropes.org! Silly bookworm.
                          Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                            Look it up! It means the two of you are such good friends, you can get away with insulting each other!
                            I would NEVER insult Sparko, even if he IS the world's biggest poopie-head!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I would NEVER insult Sparko, even if he IS the world's biggest poopie-head!
                              Yeah!!!!

um...

Hey did you see this thread now has over 200 views? and only 29 posts? Grow thread!!!

Comment

Well, I am not posting in this thread. There is too much vitrol here. Why can we not just all get along and not spend all our time vitroling at one another.

Well I was going to make a long silly post to help grow the thread, but you will all have to assume that this silly thread is a really long one.
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X