Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Avoid saying Jesus is God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid saying Jesus is God

According to Paul, Satan will be revealed before Christ's return. Per Daniel he will be in Jerusalem claiming to be God. We know from Jesus' testimony that many will be deceived believing Christ has returned. The trouble is, Satan will look like the real deal able to perform signs and wonders. Lucifer was made the full pattern, so you can bet Satan will be a charismatic handsome looking guy, claiming to be Jesus returned.

Those who get deceived into believing Christ has returned will find it very easy to worship him as God when everybody is saying Jesus is God.

Except, Jesus is not God. Jesus' father is God, and Jesus is God's son. Before trying to explain how Jesus is God, or before trying to debate the issue, first consider if you would win a debate against Jesus. Alive from the beginning, Jesus has more knowledge than any man born. He it is who says his father is God. Can you disagree?

It may be the idea that Jesus is God is of satanic origin for just the very purpose stated above, so that many would worship him when he shows up. However well meaning it sounds, the falseness of it gives Satan that advantage. For example, Peter did not want Jesus to go to Jerusalem to be crucified.

Matthew 16:22
    Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, “Oh no, Lord! This will never happen to you!”

It sounds like he was concerned, right? But what did Jesus say?

Matthew 16:23
    Jesus turned and told Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me because you’re not thinking about God’s concerns but human concerns.”

Was Peter Satan? No, but he had satanic ideas, even as well meaning as he thought he was. So it is similar with the 'Jesus is God' idea, it sounds perfect, but it very well could be of satanic origin. I suggest we should all avoid affirming it because it is a false statement. Jesus is not God. Consider carefully his words:

Luke 18:19
    “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked him. “No one is good except God alone.
    Last edited by Larry Serflaten; 01-25-2024, 09:35 AM.

So when Jesus comes back he will be the Antichrist????

Comment

Jesus is God.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Serflaten View Post
        According to Paul, Satan will be revealed before Christ's return. Per Daniel he will be in Jerusalem claiming to be God. We know from Jesus' testimony that many will be deceived believing Christ has returned. The trouble is, Satan will look like the real deal able to perform signs and wonders. Lucifer was made the full pattern, so you can bet Satan will be a charismatic handsome looking guy, claiming to be Jesus returned.

Those who get deceived into believing Christ has returned will find it very easy to worship him as God when everybody is saying Jesus is God.

Except, Jesus is not God. Jesus' father is God, and Jesus is God's son. Before trying to explain how Jesus is God, or before trying to debate the issue, first consider if you would win a debate against Jesus. Alive from the beginning, Jesus has more knowledge than any man born. He it is who says his father is God. Can you disagree?

It may be the idea that Jesus is God is of satanic origin for just the very purpose stated above, so that many would worship him when he shows up. However well meaning it sounds, the falseness of it gives Satan that advantage. For example, Peter did not want Jesus to go to Jerusalem to be crucified.

Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, “Oh no, Lord! This will never happen to you!”

Jesus turned and told Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me because you’re not thinking about God’s concerns but human concerns.”

Was Peter Satan? No, but he had satanic ideas, even as well meaning as he thought he was. So it is similar with the 'Jesus is God' idea, it sounds perfect, but it very well could be of satanic origin. I suggest we should all avoid affirming it because it is a false statement. Jesus is not God. Consider carefully his words:

John 10:30 among others

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What denomination do you belong to?

Comment

If Jesus isn't God, why does he never rebuke anyone for worshiping him (Mat. 8:2, Mat. 9:18, Mat. 14:33, Mat. 15:25, Mat. 28:9, Mat. 28:17, Mark 5:6, Luke 24:52, John 9:38)? When anyone else is worshiped, a rebuke is given (Acts 10:25, Rev. 19:10; see also Mat. 4:10, Luke 4:8).
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

"John 10:30 among others"

John 17:21 If being 'one' means being God, then are we all included?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                If Jesus isn't God, why does he never rebuke anyone for worshiping him (Mat. 8:2, Mat. 9:18, Mat. 14:33, Mat. 15:25, Mat. 28:9, Mat. 28:17, Mark 5:6, Luke 24:52, John 9:38)? When anyone else is worshiped, a rebuke is given (Acts 10:25, Rev. 19:10; see also Mat. 4:10, Luke 4:8).
                A. Jesus could be a very gentle man, he would not discourage fledgling faith.
                B. You do not know if a rebuke was or was not given, all you know is that a rebuke was not recorded.

Comment

B. You do not know if a rebuke was or was not given, all you know is that a rebuke was not recorded.
                  That would be a horribly glaring oversight on God's part.
                  (You believe the Bible was "God-breathed", yes?)

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A. Jesus could be a very gentle man, he would not discourage fledgling faith.
                    His response to the money-changers at the Temple would argue against His being "a very gentle man." Jesus never had any trouble calling people out -- and often with anything but polite language.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That would be a horribly glaring oversight on God's part.
                      (You believe the Bible was "God-breathed", yes?)
                      Showing reverence, a bow of the head, a kiss of the hand, may be what 'worship' meant to that author. Would such actions be out of line to someone who is healing the sick and helping the blind to see?

Comment

Showing reverence, a bow of the head, a kiss of the hand, may be what 'worship' meant to that author. Would such actions be out of line to someone who is healing the sick and helping the blind to see?
                        The Jewish leaders fully grasped that Jesus was claiming equality with God, to the extent that they attempted to stone Him for blasphemy.

Scripture Verse: John 8

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          His response to the money-changers at the Temple would argue against His being "a very gentle man." Jesus never had any trouble calling people out -- and often with anything but polite language.
                          Yes, Jesus could be abrasive, and he could be constructive, that is not in dispute.

Comment

Are you saying when Jesus returns he will be Satan/the AntiChrist because people will worship him as God?

Comment

"The Jewish leaders fully grasped that Jesus was claiming equality with God, to the extent that they attempted to stone Him for blasphemy."

Whose fault was it that they did not grasp what he meant?

John 10: 33,36

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

They said he said one thing, he said he said another. Larger wars have been started over small misunderstandings....

Comment