Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Caution in railing against President Biden and others.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave L View Post

They choose what they want most. So they are guilty. But God controls their choices through the reasons He sends for them to base them on.
    If God controls their choices, they do not choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

OK, I think maybe we're moving from hyper-Calvinist judgmental Pharisee to
      Study Supralapsarian before lying about me.

Comment

Originally. But he chose to save some and give them a new heart that hates evil and repents from sin.
        So God created men to sin, then sends them to everlasting destruction for doing what He created them to do?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

God is revealing them for what they are.
          no he is revealing them for what he forced them to be.

Also, those who attack me for posting scripture for the needy.
          They're not attacking you they are just doing what God made them do. And why would you post scripture for the "needy"? According to you there is no free will and God determines everything, so there are no "needy", and scripture does nothing for them because it is your deity that chooses how they act and what they believe.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

So God created men to sin, then sends them to everlasting destruction for doing what He created them to do?
            Yes, but you cannot know God apart from sin. No sin, no righteousness. No sin, no mercy. No sin no sovereignty etc., etc.

Comment

They choose what they want most. So they are guilty. But God controls their choices through the reasons He sends for them to base them on.
              If your deity controls their choices then by definition there are no choices and they cannot choose what they want.

I suggest taking your theology back to the drawing board because this is embarrassing. Worse than most Christian theologies I've seen.

Comment

Yes, but you cannot know God apart from sin. No sin, no righteousness. No sin, no mercy. No sin no sovereignty etc., etc.
                So God is the Author of sin.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Study Supralapsarian before lying about me.
                  Dave, expressing an opinion about somebody is not lying. I believe what I said to be true, and you seem to be proving it. In my opinion.

Accusing somebody of lying, however, is against the rules, and you seem to be on a mission to rack up points for violations. Perhaps you see these violation points as "jewels in your crown"?

And another point - when Stephen was martyred, he didn't boast about - or even whine about - his accusers/murderers. His eyes were on Jesus, whom he saw standing at the right hand of the Father.

Perhaps you should get your eyes back on Jesus.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

If your deity controls their choices then by definition there are no choices and they cannot choose what they want.

I suggest taking your theology back to the drawing board because this is embarrassing. Worse than most Christian theologies I've seen.
                    It works like this. If what Calvin said about God is true, (This is what I teach) most hate God and worship idols instead.

Comment

It works like this. If what Calvin said about God is true, (This is what I teach) most hate God and worship idols instead.
                      But according to your beliefs they cannot hate God, they are merely doing what he makes them do. They don't have a choice but to "hate God and worship idols", because that is what he has made them do.

Comment

But according to your beliefs they cannot hate God, they are merely doing what he makes them do. They don't have a choice but to "hate God and worship idols", because that is what he has made them do.
                        Were the one who said his argument defeats itself?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

True, but it does not end well for them. Remember how He blinded the Pharisees so they could not be saved?

Comment

True, but it does not end well for them. Remember how He blinded the Pharisees so they could not be saved?
                            Do you need glasses, yet, Dave?

Comment

Were the one who said his argument defeats itself?
                              Most people are born damned for God's glorious wrath.

Comment

Do you need glasses, yet, Dave?
                                If you are not familiar with this, it only proves you cannot understand the truth.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X