Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Caution in railing against President Biden and others.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave L View Post

Yes.
    OK, I think maybe we're moving from hyper-Calvinist judgmental Pharisee to
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Ok, so your all-good God regularly mind-controls leaders to commit genocide.

I'm assuming you supported Trump's actions?
      What about the Canaanites? He ordered the complete destruction of children too.

Comment

Nobody has free will. If you do, stop sinning.
        You would have to explain how a predilection to sin means we lack freewill.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What about the Canaanites? He ordered the complete destruction of children too.
          I'm assuming your God also makes leaders molest children, kill their rivals, and other vile acts.

How does that mesh with an all-good God?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You would have to explain how a predilection to sin means we lack freewill.
            Jesus says the lost are slaves to Satan. James says you cannot control your tongue. This also disproves free will.

Comment

Jesus says the lost are slaves to Satan. James says you cannot control your tongue. This also disproves free will.
              Hey, if we don't have free will, you have no room to complain in other threads that the mods here are biased against you. After all, they are just following free will.

Again, the same goes with this entire thread cautioning people about railing against Biden. They also have no choice but to do so. You might as well simply accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus River View Post

Well, he certainly appears to be distant from that which the majority here purport to believe. Whether or not that belief constitutes the truth is, I submit, a matter for another time and place.

That said, his posts are at least entertaining.
                Truth tends to bring out the worst in people. That's why so many die witnessing for Jesus.

Comment

A little common sense would show that James was declaring that you can't - in and of yourself - control your tongue. It's part of James' teaching on becoming mature.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Truth tends to bring out the worst in people. That's why so many die witnessing for Jesus.
                    But witnessing does nothing under your worldview. Because freewill does not exist and therefore your God decides what people will believe or not believe. So witnessing is an utterly worthless activity.

Comment

Hey, if we don't have free will, you have no room to complain in other threads that the mods here are biased against you. After all, they are just following free will.

Again, the same goes with this entire thread cautioning people about railing against Biden. They also have no choice but to do so. You might as well simply accept it.
                      God is revealing them for what they are. Also, those who attack me for posting scripture for the needy.

Comment

God is revealing them for what they are. Also, those who attack me for posting scripture for the needy.
                        But they have no choice in their actions, as they are being mind controlled by god (as are you), you have no reason to complain. They aren't attacking you, they are following God's orders.

God wants them to silence you. Perhaps you need to consider what that means.

Comment

If free will doesn't exist, it does not bring out the worst in people, as they have no choice in it.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            Dear atheist friends of Tweb. Please be aware that DaveL is NOT an orthodox Christian and his skewed views of scripture and God do not line up with orthodox Christianity in the slightest.

Please do not think that the majority of the believers here think he is even close to the truth.
                            Not an atheist, but I was wondering (not really) whether this poster was serious (I think not) because it is so silly I didn't even think it deserved a response (truly)

But now that I see the poster is serious.....lol. For real.

Comment

Nobody has free will. If you do, stop sinning.
                              Ok. I just stopped. I am not sinning as of right now.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

But they have no choice in their actions, as they are being mind controlled by god (as are you), you have no reason to complain. They aren't attacking you, they are following God's orders.

God wants them to silence you. Perhaps you need to consider what that means.
                                They choose what they want most. So they are guilty. But God controls their choices through the reasons He sends for them to base them on.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X