Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Caution in railing against President Biden and others.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Oh, I've been on enough forums like this to recognize those who are, let's say, a little more extreme in their beliefs. It's fun to watch them tie themselves up into knots
    It appears he is espousing some odd brand of Calvinism. Like good 'ol Mr. Slick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post

God chooses the President and determines his actions. To rail against President Biden is to rail against God's control over him.
      I bet you voted for him.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nobody has free will. If you do, stop sinning.
        And there you have it folks.... they guy who complains of being falsely accused of hyper-Calvinism....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

ALL historic Protestants believed as I do. The Lutherans are close to what I believe. Don't blurt anything you cannot prove.
          Did God send you here to be a contentious old goat and sew discord among the people?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Did God send you here to be a contentious old goat and sew discord among the people?
            The thread defeats itself. After all, if I have no free will, it means God WANTS me to rail against Biden.

Comment

The thread defeats itself. After all, if I have no free will, it means God WANTS me to rail against Biden.
              Yeah, while I'm just a poor slob with free will and a sin nature. I'd confess to being chief of sinners, but that title is already taken by another guy who struggled with sin.

Comment

ALL historic Protestants believed as I do. The Lutherans are close to what I believe. Don't blurt anything you cannot prove.
                Lol as a former Lutheran (WELS) that's not a particularly accurate statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

You just told me I don't have free will, therefore your God has forced me to be an atheist. According to you, your God has determined my actions, which led me to become an atheist after decades being a Christian
                  Cat got your tongue, Dave L ?

If I don't have free will and God determines our actions, as you have posited, then I am an atheist because your deity wants me to be.

You didn't think this through, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Cat got your tongue, Dave L ?

If I don't have free will and God determines our actions, as you have posited, then I am an atheist because your deity wants me to be.

You didn't think this through, did you?
                    He also chooses the reprobate (unbelievers) whom He sends to Hell. See Romans 5.

Comment

He also chooses the reprobate (unbelievers) whom He sends to Hell. See Romans 5.
                      So, again, under your beliefs I have no choice, and no free will, and was forced by your deity to lose my faith as a Christian I had the first two and a half decades of my life, and become an atheist. So by what cause can he justify sending me to he'll, given that I have no choice but to be an atheist? What sort of monster do you worship?

Comment

Which means god is indecisive, jumping from one extreme to another. So, it would be your opinion then that God made Hitler start the Holocaust, Stalin do the Gulags, and Pol Pot kill millions?

Did God make Rod Blagojevich try to Sell Obama's senate seat?
                        God placed the unbelieving Jews under His wrath when He removed them from Israel (Romans 11). He destroyed nearly all in 70 AD by the Romans. Those who escaped were slaughtered and run out of 114 nations or so before Hitler started in on them. The only reason they exist is because of their hatred and rejection of Christ. Treu Israel accepted Christ and makes up the Church today. “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36 (KJV 1900)

Comment

God placed the unbelieving Jews under His wrath when He removed them from Israel (Romans 11). He destroyed nearly all in 70 AD by the Romans. Those who escaped were slaughtered and run out of 114 nations or so before Hitler started in on them. The only reason they exist is because of their hatred and rejection of Christ. Treu Israel accepted Christ and makes up the Church today. “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36 (KJV 1900)
                          Again, referencing scripture doesn't answer the questions I asked. Try again:

So, it would be your opinion then that God made Hitler start the Holocaust, Stalin do the Gulags, and Pol Pot kill millions?

Comment

But no one has a choice on if they believeth or believeth not, accordingbto what you have told us. They don't exist because of their hatred and rejection of Christ because as you have told us they do not have free will and we're forced to hate and reject Christ by your own deity.

You clearly did not think any of this through.

Comment

Again, referencing scripture doesn't answer the questions I asked. Try again:

So, it would be your opinion then that God made Hitler start the Holocaust, Stalin do the Gulags, and Pol Pot kill millions?

Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                                Ok, so your all-good God regularly mind-controls leaders to commit genocide.

I'm assuming you supported Trump's actions?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X