Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Derail: Hyper-Calvinism discussion from "Big Beef" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derail: Hyper-Calvinism discussion from "Big Beef" thread

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    So apparently Biden 'just recently noticed' that meat prices are through the roof. So he made a dumb speech blaming the meat producers and claiming they are exploiting people. Yet these same meat producers' prices were low 1 year ago under Trump during the pandemic. So what changed? Biden. Blocking pipelines, idiotic mandates, trying to force higher minimum wages, trucker shortages, supply line problems. It's not the meat producers trying to take advantage of people, it's them and everyone in the supply chain passing down the extra costs to the consumer. Big Government is the problem, not Big Beef.

Of course what is Biden's solution? Fix the supply chain problems? No. Give more government money to small beef producers. That's right, he is using the problem he created as an excuse to raise taxes and spend more of our money. How is us paying more taxes to pay farmers going to help anyone? The costs will still be high because of the supply chain problems mentioned above. Insanity!
    --------------------
    Biden says he found out from family friend that meat costs are soaring
    https://nypost.com/2022/01/03/biden-...s-are-soaring/
    It's all part of God's plan, and it's not looking good for the wicked. “The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: He turneth it whithersoever he will.” Proverbs 21:1 (KJV 1900)

I don't want this to turn into a discussion about veganism vs meat or how animals/people are treated/mistreated. You are welcome to discuss that elsewhere. Thanks.

But my question is if they are merely exploiting consumers and jacking up prices, why didn't they do that last year under Trump? There is more to it than greed. And sure the big guys will always want more of the market and try to drive out the little guys. Just that raising their prices is not really the way to accomplish that. Over regulating the industry using the USDA like Cowpoke said, that I can see, but just raising prices to stick it to the consumer would just backfire and let the little guy jump in at a better price. But right now even the little guys have supply chain problems meaning they have to charge outrageous prices also.
    Can't anyone see God as the cause of all of this? He controls Biden just as He does all kings and rulers throughout history. “The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: He turneth it whithersoever he will.” Proverbs 21:1 (KJV 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post

Can't anyone see God as the cause of all of this? He controls Biden just as He does all kings and rulers throughout history. “The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: He turneth it whithersoever he will.” Proverbs 21:1 (KJV 1900)
      I heard you the first time. I don't think God is who Biden is listening to though.

Comment

Another version of that [NIV] says "In the LORD’s hand the king’s heart is a stream of water that he channels toward all who please him." Is Biden really "in the LORD's hand"?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Another version of that [NIV] says "In the LORD’s hand the king’s heart is a stream of water that he channels toward all who please him." Is Biden really "in the LORD's hand"?
          Young's Literal Translation - Rivulets of waters is the heart of a king in the hand of Jehovah, Wherever He pleaseth He inclineth it.

I think the emphasis is when the king is "in the hand of Jehovah". Interesting thought, though!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Young's Literal Translation - Rivulets of waters is the heart of a king in the hand of Jehovah, Wherever He pleaseth He inclineth it.

I think the emphasis is when the king is "in the hand of Jehovah". Interesting thought, though!
            Yeah it seems to be saying WHEN the king obeys and follows God, then he will do good for his people. Biden ain't doing that. He is far from God's will.

Comment

I heard you the first time. I don't think God is who Biden is listening to though.
              God hardens hearts. And directs their paths. You should have a more developed Christian worldview. One based on faith in God behind all that you see.

Comment

God hardens hearts. And directs their paths. You should have a more developed Christian worldview. One based on faith in God behind all that you see.
                In the real world, Dave, wicked men do wicked things because of the wickedness of their own hearts. In Biden's case, I don't believe it's only his own wickedness, but his depravity and senility that allows others to manipulate him.

At the risk of godwinizing the thread, do you believe God directed Hitler's paths?

Comment

In the real world, Dave, wicked men do wicked things because of the wickedness of their own hearts. In Biden's case, I don't believe it's only his own wickedness, but his depravity and senility that allows others to manipulate him.

At the risk of godwinizing the thread, do you believe God directed Hitler's paths?
                  God directs their steps. So Biden does only what God planned for him to do. You need to see things as the bible sees them, and not how the world sees them. Do you believe God placed the unbelieving Jews under his wrath? Paul says he did. And 114 or so nations killed and ran them off since 70 AD.

Comment

God directs their steps. So Biden does only what God planned for him to do. You need to see things as the bible sees them, and not how the world sees them. Do you believe God placed the unbelieving Jews under his wrath? Paul says he did. And 114 or so nations killed and ran them off since 70 AD.
                    Sounds like we have absolutely no control and hence no responsibility.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Sounds like we have absolutely no control and hence no responsibility.
                      Adam had responsibility. He flunked the test for the entire human race according to Paul in Romans 5. Sowing and reaping is a law all are condemned by. Pray for Biden, you are supposed to. Complaining only gets you in deeper because he is only doing what God wants him to do.

Comment

Sounds like you might be a hyper-calvinist.

If God directs all of our steps and actions then my believing that Biden is responsible for his own sins and is disobeying God is exactly what God wants me to think.

Comment

Adam had responsibility. He flunked the test for the entire human race according to Paul in Romans 5. Sowing and reaping is a law all are condemned by. Pray for Biden, you are supposed to. Complaining only gets you in deeper because he is only doing what God wants him to do.
                          Do you believe that God directed Adam's steps as well?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wait. You are claiming Biden is only doing what God directs him to do, but Adam disobeyed God and didn't do what God directed him to do? You can't have it both ways. And if we can only do what God directs us to do, then we are not responsible for what we do, God is.

Comment

Sounds like you might be a hyper-calvinist.

If God directs all of our steps and actions then my believing that Biden is responsible for his own sins and is disobeying God is exactly what God wants me to think.
                              God controls Biden's choices. Any sin is accountable to him because, just like Adam, it's what he wants to do most. God controls your choices by providing the reasons you base them on. “The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: He turneth it whithersoever he will.” Proverbs 21:1 (KJV 1900)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X