Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Decline of Mormonism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So? We have a song about Ice Cream!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by seven7up View Post
    We also have a song about Noah and the ark.

-7up
    Post it - let's see if it praises Noah and/or the ark.

Meanwhile... From the LDS website....

1. Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah!
    Jesus anointed that Prophet and Seer.
    Blessed to open the last dispensation,
    Kings shall extol him, and nations revere.

(Chorus]
    Hail to the Prophet, ascended to heaven!
    Traitors and tyrants now fight him in vain.
    Mingling with Gods, he can plan for his brethren;
    Death cannot conquer the hero again.

2. Praise to his mem'ry, he died as a martyr;
    Honored and blest be his ever great name!
    Long shall his blood, which was shed by assassins,
    Plead unto heav'n while the earth lauds his fame.

3. Great is his glory and endless his priesthood.
    Ever and ever the keys he will hold.
    Faithful and true, he will enter his kingdom,
    Crowned in the midst of the prophets of old.

4. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven;
    Earth must atone for the blood of that man.
    Wake up the world for the conflict of justice.
    Millions shall know "Brother Joseph" again.

Text: William W. Phelps, 1792-1872
    Music: Scottish folk song

Now, I have given solid evidence for my claim that Mormons worship Joseph Smith. If you're any kind of decent fellow at all, you'll apologize for your false accusation that I lied.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    He has to also show that you knowingly told an untruth. And that opinions or matters of faith are not to be called lies. But then what else has he got? He can't argue against what we are saying. So all he can do is stomp his foot and throw a tantrum.
    He seems... um... angry. Maybe he needs a hug.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Calm yourself, 7, and check out the new clarifications on accusations of lying. If you accuse me of lying, you have to specify what it was I lied about. I didn't lie.
    He has to also show that you knowingly told an untruth. And that opinions or matters of faith are not to be called lies. But then what else has he got? He can't argue against what we are saying. So all he can do is stomp his foot and throw a tantrum.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

-7up

So? We have a song about Ice Cream!

Leave a comment:

• seven7up
    replied
    You do, you just don't call it that. You even have a hymn about him.

-7up

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    You claim that we "worship" Joseph Smith.
    You do, you just don't call it that. You even have a hymn about him.

Everyone knows that this is a lie. Including you.
    Nope.

No violation here.

-7up
    Well, I understand, having been hoodwinked into becoming a Mormon, and that Joseph Smith is a for-really prophet, you don't have the ability to discern a lie from the truth, so.... I'll cut you some slack.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Equally a lie... and you know it.
    Calm yourself, 7, and check out the new clarifications on accusations of lying. If you accuse me of lying, you have to specify what it was I lied about. I didn't lie.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    You don't know spit about what Joseph Smith actually taught.
    More importantly, I know what he did.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Christians live BECAUSE Jesus lived. Mormons believe they live REGARDLESS of Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    You don't know spit about what Joseph Smith actually taught. All you pretend to know is a caricature of the actual LDS faith.

The Prophet Joseph Smith declared, “The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it”

-7up
    The problem is that he used the same English words, yet means something entirely different by several of them. And the appendages are even worse. Joseph Smith rotted the core message, and the rest festered as a result.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    You don't know spit about what Joseph Smith actually taught. All you pretend to know is a caricature of the actual LDS faith.

The Prophet Joseph Smith declared, “The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it”

-7up
    Sounds good...

"SOUNDS" being the operative word. The problem with mormonism is that they change the very idea of God and Jesus into a twisted travesty of what the bible reveals. The mormon Jesus is a creation of the Father, a literal son who is brother to Satan. And the Father himself was just a man born on another planet who became God. And you believe that one day YOU can become a God and have your own planet. So your God and your Jesus are not the God of the bible. So any words claiming that your faith is based on Jesus, that he died, was buried and rose again, are speaking of a different and a false Jesus. A Jesus who is a figment of Smith's imagination and lies.

Leave a comment:

• seven7up
    replied
    Why don't you quit being dishonest and twisting my words? I didn't say "rather than" - I implied in addition to.
    Equally a lie... and you know it.

Please continue. It only confirms that you have no intention of representing the truth.

I'm not the one who's deceived into thinking that Smith is going to "help Jesus check people into Heaven", as one of your buddies used to claim here on Tweb.
    As you are probably aware, you are taking the concept out of context:

As Christ said:

"Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
    For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
    But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?"
    (John 5:45-47)

Similarly, Noah offered "salvation" to those who would join him in the ark. Those who were disobedient and failed to enter the ark were swept off the earth in the flood and ended up in spirit prison (1 Peter 3:20). Again, as the prophet of his dispensation, Noah provided the "passport" for those who accepted the word of God that came through him.

In the the time of the New Testament Church, those who accepted the apostles and prophets and did not reject the message of Jesus Christ were saved. As the Lord said to the apostles, "He that receiveth you receiveth me" (Matt. 10:40).

THAT IS THE CONTEXT. This is nothing new.

By the way, you are in violation of the rules for accusing me of being a liar without substantiation, but that's no surprise.
    You claim that we "worship" Joseph Smith. Everyone knows that this is a lie. Including you. No violation here.

-7up
    Last edited by seven7up; 02-23-2016, 02:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• seven7up
    replied
    And, therefore, he (Joseph Smith) started his own religion,....

Christianity is all about Jesus, buried, crucified and risen again.

-7up

Leave a comment:

• ke7ejx
    replied
    And, therefore, he started his own religion, based on his own testimony, his own "visions", his own money digging, his own writings, his own wild imagination, his own grand ego, his own sexual fantasies, his own.......

It's all about Smith.

Christianity is all about Jesus, buried, crucified and risen again.
    Yep...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X