Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Mormon Church to Build Huge New City in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mormon Church to Build Huge New City in Florida

As many know, the Mormon cult is money bloated. Millions pour into its coffers yearly. They own businesses, and all kind of income-producing entities, including cattle ranches in Flordia. Mormons are adept at making money - but one wonders if the following really is what Jesus Christ intended to be an activity of the Church he established over 2,000 years ago. Should Mormons be concerned about exactly where their tithes are going?

http://ldssmile.com/2015/07/10/the-c...is-in-florida/

While this is a very long term project, if I was thinking of joining the Mormons I'd sure think twice before handing over my money for a huge real estate project like this. What would Jesus Do?

Originally posted by Doctrine Matters View Post
    As many know, the Mormon cult is money bloated. Millions pour into its coffers yearly. They own businesses, and all kind of income-producing entities, including cattle ranches in Flordia. Mormons are adept at making money - but one wonders if the following really is what Jesus Christ intended to be an activity of the Church he established over 2,000 years ago. Should Mormons be concerned about exactly where their tithes are going?

http://ldssmile.com/2015/07/10/the-c...is-in-florida/

While this is a very long term project, if I was thinking of joining the Mormons I'd sure think twice before handing over my money for a huge real estate project like this. What would Jesus Do?
    Ummm....activate the sinkhole under the ranch?

Comment

What would Jesus do: As has been said before:

If hypothetically some US state made themselves a Christian-only theocracy... the natural thing for Christians living there to do would be to move elsewhere. The Great Commission hasn't gone anywhere.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't think it's against G-d for a church to have money. I think the Vatican is also loaded.

Comment

Think of how many people they could help with that kind of money, instead of building houses (which I doubt they will give away, but will sell at a profit to their members)

I think Jesus would use the money to help the poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorching Wizard View Post
            I don't think it's against G-d for a church to have money. I think the Vatican is also loaded.
            But what would be the purpose of a church or synagogue to have such wealth?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Think of how many people they could help with that kind of money, instead of building houses (which I doubt they will give away, but will sell at a profit to their members)

I think Jesus would use the money to help the poor.
              I was thinking the same thing. Jesus used his money to help the poor. Mormons use their money to help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice View Post
                But what would be the purpose of a church or synagogue to have such wealth?
                To advance their cause, I'd presume.

Our synagogues raise money typically to build a new synagogue or to send teenagers to Israel. I'm sure the Mormons have their own priorities.

Comment

To advance their cause, I'd presume.

Our synagogues raise money typically to build a new synagogue or to send teenagers to Israel. I'm sure the Mormons have their own priorities.

Well, they intend to use any non-violent means possible to convert people to become robots to their prophets, so we'll see what's up --- perhaps an influx of committed Mormons to that area.

Comment

Let's see if they have a Hill Cumorah Drive or a Zion Street!

Comment

Well, they intend to use any non-violent means possible to convert people to become robots to their prophets, so we'll see what's up --- perhaps an influx of committed Mormons to that area.
                      oh no they are going to take over Disney World!

Belle-With-Book-Of-Mormon.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        oh no they are going to take over Disney World!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8753[/ATTACH]
                        0000000000dm.jpg

Snow-White-Coffee.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well, I think many religions try to convert people to their beliefs. I don't see where the Mormons are any different in that regard. As long as they accept "No" as an answer and don't target the weak, like evangelicals do, I don't have a problem with them.

Comment

and don't target the weak, like evangelicals do

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X