Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The LDS church's most recent stance on Blacks and Priesthood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    Zero score for reading comprehension, Zero score for failure to understand what marriage is in terms of the Genesis record.
    Well then. Enlighten me Tabibito.

-7up

Comment

Originally posted by seven7up View Post
      I am only playing the same game that you have been playing all along.-7up
      No, you're here to defend Joseph Smith at all costs, because that's where your loyalty lies.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The mocking IS lame.

It looks like you DO get it after all.

Just to make it interesting. Why don't you go through my list and try to explain these difficult passages of scripture, then I will continue mocking you throughout. Let's see how you like that.

-7up
        You sound like a spoiled little brat who has been proven wrong, and is just pitching a hissy.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Start with reading comprehension. What is the LDS explanation of the matter?
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

so since the Christian denominations (which are part of the church of Satan) allowed bigotry, that means it was OK for the LDS to do the same? I thought the LDS church was led by a prophet who heard and talked directly to God? That is quite a different situation than a regular Christian denomination who doesn't believe that God has conversations regularly with their leaders and the leaders are not prophets. We stumble by reading and interpreting God's words in the bible and sometimes get it wrong. The LDS church has a living prophet who is led directly by God. The LDS church has no excuse for acting like any ordinary Christian denomination.

Comment

The mocking IS lame.
              Um, no. Mocking can be brilliant. Your attempt is lame. And you're mocking scripture we both theoretically believe in, which is just dumb.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Church leaders condemn past racism

So they are condemning God who spake racism through the LDS prophets

Or the prophets were lying about speaking God's word

Is there any other option?
                "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                  Church leaders condemn past racism

So they are condemning God who spake racism through the LDS prophets

Or the prophets were lying about speaking God's word

Is there any other option?
                  Yes.

The "boys will be boys" defense. Mormon prophets are "just like anybody else" and just as subject to the ills of society, except when they say they're not, and they actually speak for God. AND, they have the right, AFTER THE FACT, to say "ok, well.. that part wasn't really from God".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Yes.

The "boys will be boys" defense. Mormon prophets are "just like anybody else" and just as subject to the ills of society, except when they say they're not, and they actually speak for God. AND, they have the right, AFTER THE FACT, to say "ok, well.. that part wasn't really from God".
                    It's the "Escape Clause"
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      It's the "Escape Clause"
                      yeah

Comment

Hey, cut them some slack, it's not easy to keep everything straight when you're making it up as you go along.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          Hey, cut them some slack, it's not easy to keep everything straight when you're making it up as you go along.
                          Well, yeah, they weren't very good at checking what prior profits* have said, and with with whom they might be at odds. But it doesn't matter if it meets their currents wants or needs.

*yeah, I said profit!

Comment

I thought the publication of this essay was lovely. We've been asking for a refutation of the racist folklore for some time, and needed it somewhere that could be cited. This will do real good.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X