Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Since MAN can become God, why not women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seven7up View Post
    Who will go to heaven? Who will go to hell?

God will judge.
    Yeah, that brings up another nutty teaching of your Church:

" . . . no man or woman in this dispensation will ever enter into the celestial kingdom of God without the consent of Joseph Smith," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 289).

Good Ol' Brigham Young!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This goes back to our old discussion, about how Jesus specifically taught us to pray, "Pray to the Father, in my name".

-7up
      Because Jesus knew there was no "Heavenly Mother". NOWHERE is that taught in the Bible.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, I just got back from Israel, where I actually traveled WITH Orthodox Jews and we actually got along just great!
        So, you did not mock what they held sacred? How unlike you.

You must have faked it. You just paid them lip service, just like the god you pretend to serve.

Did you tell them what you REALLY believe? That they are all going to Hell for eternity for rejecting the Savior?

-7up

Comment

Yeah, that brings up another nutty teaching of your Church:

" . . . no man or woman in this dispensation will ever enter into the celestial kingdom of God without the consent of Joseph Smith," (Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 289).

Good Ol' Brigham Young!
          That just brings up another out of context quote that proves how much of a liar you are. Figures since you are serving the father of lies. Especially, since I already debunked it on this forum.

-7up

Comment

So, you did not mock what they held sacred? How unlike you.
            I oppose false teachings, and false prophets. Not ancient history and real teachings of the Bible.

You must have faked it. You just paid them lip service, just like the god you pretend to serve.
            And, once again, lacking anything of substance, you go to personal attacks. Quite childish.

Comment

That just brings up another out of context quote that proves how much of a liar you are. Figures since you are serving the father of lies. Especially, since I already debunked it on this forum.

-7up
              I think you're competing for "nuttiest Mormon we've ever had on Tweb". And really exposing all those "Mormons are wonderful kind loving people" stereotypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kind Debater View Post
                I foresee a thread on hell in the future, only I don't have time for it right now.

Arguably there are cases where sin is big enough that its presence in a person's life would indicate that person doesn't truly regard God as their God, e.g. someone continuing in adultery with an "I don't care if it's wrong, it makes me happy" attitude. But what is it about rejecting LDS-specific teachings that constitutes a big enough sin to merit hell, despite trusting in Jesus? I guess I'm talking about essential vs. non-essential doctrine here. E.g. my pastor said recently that someone can disbelieve that the stories in the OT are literally true yet still be saved -- he explained why disbelieving them would be a bad idea and have negative ramifications, but he didn't regard that as something that would throw one's salvation into question. What LDS doctrines are so essential that denying them means one isn't saved?

BTW, I sent you a PM. Just checking if you saw it since I think email/popup notifications are off by default.

I will check my PM soon.

I respect you KD. You are the only one on this forum who even attempts to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.

The others here are all just pretenders.

As for your question, I cannot say what are "essential doctrines" and what are not. I would simply say that if the Holy Spirit has testified to an individual that the Restored church is truth, then it is a sin to reject the truth that was revealed by the Holy Spirit.

-7up

Comment

And, once again, lacking anything of substance, you go to personal attacks. Quite childish.
                  Pointing out that you do not live the teachings of Christ, (obviously mocking the sacred beliefs of others is an example), is not a personal attack.

You and the others on this thread claim to follow Jesus, but you clearly do not.

-7up

Comment

7up: So, you did not mock what they (Orthodox Jews) held sacred? How unlike you.

I oppose false teachings, and false prophets. ...

They reject Jesus as Lord and Savior. Isn't that a false teaching?

-7up

Comment

7up: So, you did not mock what they (Orthodox Jews) held sacred?
                      Nope. They do subscribe to a totally made up book and follow a false prophet. And they answer to God, not me.

How unlike you.
                      Are you 12?

They reject Jesus as Lord and Savior. Isn't that a false teaching?

-7up
                      God has a plan for them.

Comment

Pointing out that you do not live the teachings of Christ, (obviously mocking the sacred beliefs of others is an example), is not a personal attack.

You and the others on this thread claim to follow Jesus, but you clearly do not.

-7up
                        WAAAANNNNNNnnnnnnhhhhhhhh, Seven is MOCKING Me!!!!!! WAAAAaaanannnnhhhhhhh

Seriously, Seven, I see nothing wrong with standing up to your false prophet and your phony BoM.... and just because you think yours is a "sacred belief" does not make Smith any less a con man, or make the BoM "real".

I follow Jesus -- just not the one your false prophet invented.

Comment

Would you mind showing me where the Bible prohibits me from opposing the false teachings of a cult?

Thanks

Comment

I will check my PM soon.

I respect you KD. You are the only one on this forum who even attempts to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.
                            Then, perhaps you could stop ignoring KD's thread here!

Comment

I will check my PM soon.
                              So I sent 7up a PM, which he failed to notice due to the screwiness of the notification system. Realizing this, I posted about it on this thread, and then when he didn't read that post (until yesterday), I posted about it on the ex nihilo thread, and then he finally read it. And then he reads the post on this thread, and... (7up, next time I feel the need to inform you that your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries, I'll just do it in a post. )

And now CP has me confused with Digital Inkling.

Gosh, a gal could start to feel almost invisible, you know...

(BTW, I'm not mad at all at either of you, I just thought it was funny to see two communication failures on the same page. )
                              Last edited by Kind Debater; 07-08-2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Since CP brought it up...it would be nice, 7up, if you responded to this post.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X