Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Since MAN can become God, why not women?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness'... male and female God created them." (Gen 1)
    And the verb (make) conjugation is singular, showing that elohim is not, in fact, plural but the intensive singular. It is equivalent to the "royal we" - which is readily apparent with even the most elementary understanding of how Hebrew works.

Mormon teachings regarding the creation of Adam, if they have been accurately cited, are directly contradictory of the Genesis account of his creation. In truth, I do have reservations about whether the Genesis account is factual, but the Mormon account doesn't in any way act to address the difficulties with Genesis ... it simply adds a different kind of difficulty.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by seven7up View Post
      I respect you KD. You are the only one on this forum who even attempts to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.

The others here are all just pretenders.
      I'll take that as a complement, since you lack the Holy Spirit, and therefore don't know of the things of God.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by seven7up View Post
        You are going beyond what Brigham said.
        No I am not. He plainly stated it. It's YOU who has to spin and twist to make it into something besides the plain meaning of what Brigham said.

You have said that the creation of SPIRITUAL beings is a result of PHYSICAL action. That is not what Brigham Young said.
        It's exactly what he said. He said ALL procreation happens the same way in every reality.

I am not throwing Brigham under the bus. I am throwing your rampant assumptions under the bus.
        You grabbed Brigham's beard and suspenders and chunked him like a pumpkin.

There exist fixed laws and regulations by which the elements are fashioned to fulfill their destiny in all the varied kingdoms and orders of creation, and this process of creation is from everlasting to everlasting. - Brigham Young
        That's clarified by his statement: "[God] created man, as we create our children".

No Bill, it does not mean that.
        Bologna. How do we create our children? Through sexual intercourse and gestation.

It means that there are laws of existence that have always been there and always will be.
        And that they are the same laws that govern how we create our own children.

There exist principles from eternity to eternity. For you to jump to the conclusions and interpret Brigham's words beyond to mean something beyond what he actually said is all to frequent with your posts on this forum.
        Oh come off it! I showed you the context of what he was teaching on, and it is YOU who has had to spin it into something he didn't mean. That's par for the course with you, your posts here, and your stupid video series.

Footnote 9: President Brigham Young, General Conference address, 8 October 1876, location not specified. Brigham Young claimed that “God . . . had children upon the same principle that children are now begotten” (Scott G. Kenney, ed., Wilford Woodruff’s Journal: 1833–1898 Typescript [Midvale, UT: Signature Books, 1984]

And what PRINCIPLE would that be Bill?
        SEX

According to you, the principle is "physical sexual intercourse".
        And unless you have a direct quote from this discourse refuting it, then the context stands.

You are a fool.
        And you are a desperate loser who needs the real Jesus.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          SEX
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            You're about as good an "apologist" as I am a ballerina.
            I'm sure you could do as well at ballet as a 320-lb football player.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X